PDA

View Full Version : The New Grey Ghost! Speculations?

Jakedubbleya
04-13-2005, 02:41 PM
http://www.lapcopaintball.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1199

The thread been around for a while, but now that it seems almost certain that there really will be another line of grey ghosts...

ISNT EVERYBODY JUST Since you are new here, this will be your first and only warning. We don't curse here, nor do we circumvent the curse filter. Please re-read the forums rules and note that we really do enforce them on AO. Army

i know i am...

anyway, supposedly more efficient, same body/op design, hell you read the link, so while we are waiting for our own grey ghosts, any comments/speculations/inside knowledge?

Im curious as to the looks myself, im scared these things are going to turn out like most other stuff lapco has been churning out the last 5 years; cosmetic/novelty oriented (junk?).

edit: oops i used a bad word

RRfireblade
04-13-2005, 08:07 PM
Eh....

No longer bore drop,

Threaded barrels,

No option for Big shots etc,

Different Grip frame,

Meh. :rolleyes:

I'll stick with the original, thanks. ;) The new one should've been called......something new.

warbeak2099
04-13-2005, 08:36 PM
What was bore drop anyway? I never understood that.

RRfireblade
04-13-2005, 08:44 PM
It just means that the ball drops right into the bore. Some people think it allows for a more consistant placement of the ball prior to firing rather than having the ball have to ramp up into the barrel during the shot. Consistancy=repeatability=accuracy.

Think 'fixed' twist lock mag barrel,not a major issue but definately not like the original.

Which is true of a bunch of things on the 'new' GG.

Why bring it back,change a bunch of stuff then call it the same thing? Don't understand it.

Plus it will be Spyder threaded and only take proprietary Lapco barrels since it's not likely many manufactureres are going to make a very 'unique' spyder threaded barrel knowing if they don't sell well they will get stuck with them since Spyder owners don't usually spend much on aftermarket barrels.

Thanks all. ;)

ultralight
04-13-2005, 10:27 PM
Why bring it back,change a bunch of stuff then call it the same thing? Don't understand it.

it's all about name recognition. just look at the shocker.

frop
04-14-2005, 01:21 AM
it's all about name recognition. just look at the shocker.

Ask probably +90% of the people who know what a shocker is & they'll be clueless about the Grey Ghost.

The name is definitely there, but I think the new one only has a very limited niche market, pretty much collectors only.

TheTramp
04-14-2005, 08:51 AM
What's it look like?

NoForts4Me
04-14-2005, 09:15 AM
What's it look like?I've been following the story on the Lapco forums because a Lapco Grey Spirit was my first marker (1991), and they have not released any pictures of the new Ghost yet. Production has been slower than originally planned, so it may yet be a while until they are released or we have a picture to drool over. I'm glad to see Lapco back in the marker business again. Their pumps were incredible in my opinion.

Jakedubbleya
04-14-2005, 12:28 PM
yall are bustin my bubble here lol.