PDA

View Full Version : DYE 45 single frame - is it good?

Manuel_FZR
11-22-2001, 06:06 AM
Hello!
I have a good oportunity to get a cheap DYE 45 single frame for my Mini.
What do you think about this frame? Is it good? Or is it better than the original single frame (i like single frames)? How will the triggerpull be changed (lighter/harder/shorter/longer)? Has anyone this frame?
Thanks for all answers!

Dave
11-22-2001, 08:14 AM
Well, I haven't owned one, but I was interested in one also, and Rob told me it wasn't good. He said the aftermarket grip frames don't have the correct pull and they are messed up for fitting automags-he said the best bet for an aftermarket frame would be the Intelli.-which is designed by AGD, so you know it works the best. Besides, I have one, and I'll tell you, its soooo nice! The Intelli is the way to go, or if you want to turn heads, try to find a Z-grip:).

Don't know if that helps you out on the single trigger frame though. A did see on AGD price list a "metal frame". Am I correct in assuming that this is just like the stock frame except it's made out of metal?

-Dave

Tunaman
11-22-2001, 10:05 AM
Yes...they are good. Ask my kid...tunaman jr...he won't let me take it off of his Retromag. It really rocks!

tunaman jr
11-22-2001, 02:13 PM
/\

Manuel_FZR
11-23-2001, 01:16 AM
tunaman jr ... can you tell me, how the triggerpull has changed? Or has changed nothing?
Thanks!

tunaman jr
11-23-2001, 10:09 AM
first of all
using a single trigger of any kind imo shows you have not necessarily more/better skill then players with doubles,which is what some people think, but tend to pick your shots more carefully and waste less paint. another opinion of myne is that i dont think any 2 body rails, aftermarket or not, are made exactly the same, but ive used the dye single on one stock and one anodized rail and all throughout both periods of time, the dye products i have used have shown what they are worth, and that is years and years of off the chain performance.i only recall one problem with my gripframe,but this does come with any nickel plated part, and that is,,,they tarnish a lot!
and thats pretty much it ladies and gentlemen of the boards,Manuel_FZR, DYE ROCKS AND ALWAYS WILL.
and if it is dye you want,im sure my father (tunaman)
will help you out