PDA

View Full Version : Gas Thru's!

Phrontman
04-14-2005, 04:25 AM
Alright, So Im looking for a gas thru where one may plug the bottom, and have the macroline go to a 90^ fitting on the side of the gas thru. Basically a gas thru that looks like a reg. Only, I dont want a reg because it will choke my mag valve! So, if anyone has any idea as to which one's do this, i would be much obliged! I tried taking out the macroline fitting from the CP gas thru, but the thing was impossible to budge. Any reccomendations? Also, I saw this DYE gas thru (yay tho I usually avoid such products). If anyone knows if it has an opening for a gauge on the side, LMK. Thanks!

http://www.paintball-discounters.com/cgi-bin/webc.cgi/st_prod.html?p_prodid=744&p_catid=114&sid=5bW2dL1En9qP80a-32105182393.24

MadPSIence
04-14-2005, 04:42 AM
CP gas-thru's don't have the fitting pre-installed if you order it factory direct. You can plug the bottom as well, CP sends 2 plugs with their gas thru grips.

Phrontman
04-14-2005, 01:42 PM
ahhh. Interesting. Thanx for the info, I bought the gas thru with my gun, so someone must have loc tight'd it or something. Thanks for the help PSI!

spacedtedybear
04-14-2005, 09:54 PM
Alright, So Im looking for a gas thru where one may plug the bottom, and have the macroline go to a 90^ fitting on the side of the gas thru. Basically a gas thru that looks like a reg. Only, I dont want a reg because it will choke my mag valve! So, if anyone has any idea as to which one's do this, i would be much obliged! I tried taking out the macroline fitting from the CP gas thru, but the thing was impossible to budge. Any reccomendations? Also, I saw this DYE gas thru (yay tho I usually avoid such products). If anyone knows if it has an opening for a gauge on the side, LMK. Thanks!

http://www.paintball-discounters.com/cgi-bin/webc.cgi/st_prod.html?p_prodid=744&p_catid=114&sid=5bW2dL1En9qP80a-32105182393.24
The shocktech gas thru may be just what you're looking for.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=47238&item=7149673549&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

That is a pretty good deal, considering some online places have the same grip for around $23 minus shipping. Just wait a day or two, and hopefully someone won't outbid you. Yes it has fitting holes off to the side if you can't tell. In fact, I'm holding mine right now. :D

Phrontman
04-15-2005, 02:48 AM
Nice! That was also in consideration. So since you have one...Is it longer/shorter than the cp(not stubby)? Right now, Ive got a black CP gas thru, And found out from PSI guy that teh fitting did indeed screw in. So, after much torque on both vice grips and allen wrench. (actually broke one allen wrench) I got the stinkin fitting out and was able to do what I had hoped. The only problem is...the gas thru, already used, came out of the operation severely scratched! Agh. Black sharpie cant cover it up either! So, Im looking at the shocktech or cp. Altho, change would be nice too! Thanx for your help guys! This thread should be pretty much done!(egh, maybe Ill post some pics just for fun) :cheers:

Phrontman
04-15-2005, 02:09 PM
well, heres what I had to do. You can see the lack of macroline fitting on the bottom of the CP. this enabled me to use this drop for the beastly tank! Thanx again for evryones help! (Might still get the shocktech tho...)

Chipper
04-15-2005, 02:53 PM
I used to have that Dye gas through, it was the most comfortable thing with my stickys. But no, it does not have a gauge hole.