PDA

View Full Version : ion dealer/rep question

Chingis
04-14-2005, 09:52 AM
Howdy all Im in the market for a new gun and have come up with a ion as my choice, i got a few quick questions

1. is SP releasing a (new) ion with a built in Qev stock?

2. is it worth waitng for a while 3-6 months to buy, any price change forseen in the future?/or bug fixes?

3. basic question , does the serial # matter , heard that some of the lower model # have had problems, but then also heard that serial # have nothing to do with it,
problems ex. no anti seize on threads, black vs white gauge,different selinoids,feedneck 2 vs 3 orings?

thanks for any insight you may have to enlighten me

Lohman446
04-14-2005, 09:58 AM
Howdy all Im in the market for a new gun and have come up with a ion as my choice, i got a few quick questions

1. is SP releasing a (new) ion with a built in Qev stock?

2. is it worth waitng for a while 3-6 months to buy, any price change forseen in the future?/or bug fixes?

3. basic question , does the serial # matter , heard that some of the lower model # have had problems, but then also heard that serial # have nothing to do with it,
problems ex. no anti seize on threads, black vs white gauge,different selinoids,feedneck 2 vs 3 orings?

thanks for any insight you may have to enlighten me

I put together, well tested several Ions (as in dozens) last Saturday. A bit fewer than 10% had (normally minor) issues out of the box. Many of these were just adjusting the trigger to fully throw the switch. I had one board / noid problem, one gauge was bad, one macro fitting issue included in those that had problems. In other words, do test one when getting it. That being said I have used my Ion for a couple weeks with only one issue (macro fitting inside) and there are a lot running around the field that have no issues so far. Tehy seem to be a decent marker.

Gauge issues don't seem serial # related. All the lower ones I saw were all black, the highers seem to be a mix. Don't know on the solenoids or feednecks, didn't look.

Chingis
04-14-2005, 10:08 AM
cool thanks for that bit of info still looking for more to make a educated desicion...
p.s. if you are a dealer and dont want to post for everyone to read but have some insight , by all means please PM me :ninja:

edit: cant spell :p