PDA

View Full Version : i was wondering if what kiti should get for my 05 speed?

death by angel
04-14-2005, 11:44 AM
i here'd a lot of people say that the empire kit is a little heavy and i wanted somthing a little lighter but found ou that stiffi barrels are low cuality. so i thought maybe u guys could help me out

Smileatom88
04-15-2005, 02:51 AM
i like the 2005 SM-1 Orbium 3, they are kinda pricey but a really good kit.

v_3Sterns
04-17-2005, 10:11 PM
Heavy? its a barrel.

paintball_BBBRRR
05-17-2005, 05:15 PM
i dont own a speed 05 or anything but i use a freak on my cocker...love it, i wouldnt trade it for anything :D

Lefty21
05-19-2005, 06:23 AM
I think the mt's suggest sm-1 kits, but don't quote me on that...I actually heard the opposite about stiffi's....I use a SS freak kit on my a4 fly and love it, it's extemely accurate, if you play in all weather conditions the overkill on bore sizes comes in handy AND it saves $$$$ if you're gonna use it on more than one marker cuz all you have to do is buy the appropriate back. Ofcourse it costs a hella lot to begin with.

I also use a dye ti barrel on my mag, works great but again is very expensive and you only get one bore size.

MarkM
05-19-2005, 10:36 AM
I also use a Sanchez barrel the SM1 but now renamed to be an SM3 (mine has the windows that Smart Parts got all bent out of shape about :rolleyes: ) I had a full set of Dye Boomsticks but sold them as soon as I got the SM barrel as it works that well.

Now although this thread is Angel related the make of barrel on a particular make of marker is not related so I will move this to the main Paintball Talk section as more people will see it and offer opinions especially on the Stiffi barrel...the switch kit is the better option however the control bore is really short so maybe it isn't such a good idea, I am sure many will disagree but since Tom (AGD) did all the control bore tests and found that to be effective it needs to be 6-7 inches long the Switch kit falls woefully short of this.

Sanchez site is here http://www.sm1paintballbarrel.com/home/ Lord1234 is a dealer for them so if you pm him he can get you a price...maybe better than those on the website who knows ;)