PDA

View Full Version : mags are amazing

Mr. Mouse
04-14-2005, 05:27 PM
ok i have to say mags are officially the super mech, because i got my tank filled today, adjusted the sear and ult, nowi can walk the trigger with my z-grip without it short stroking, im never ever ever selling this gun, cause its so amazing =)

mag88888
04-14-2005, 05:29 PM
whatd you do to the sear???

mark_1791
04-14-2005, 05:36 PM
ok i have to say mags are officially the super mechCan't disagree with you there, but it seems that everyone else besides our little group on AO disagrees with us. Last week at my field, there was this guy with a spyder talking to this guy with an excal. The dude with the excal was telling the other to get a cocker. I suggested a mag, and he was like, "cockers can outshoot mags any day"....and thats my story. I don't like people who don't have any idea what theyre talking about and think that they do...

Mr. Mouse
04-14-2005, 05:55 PM
i screwed the sear pin a little out more and it works fantastic, ive had a mech cocker, and i can easily out shoot it anyday with this mag

Codekevin0403
04-14-2005, 05:58 PM
ugh...mech cockers.

Brings you back doesn't it?

It's for people who haven't found the joy in the automag.

And have you seen that movie where tom kaye? is running an rt classic through an unregulated scuba tank, and like 2200 psi, and the trigger was crazy. It was at least 30 bps. Now that was cool.

frop
04-14-2005, 06:00 PM
ugh...mech cockers.

Brings you back doesn't it?

It's for people who haven't found the joy in the automag.

And have you seen that movie where tom kaye? is running an rt classic through an unregulated scuba tank, and like 2200 psi, and the trigger was crazy. It was at least 30 bps. Now that was cool.

That Zman, not TK.

Mr. Mouse
04-14-2005, 07:02 PM
couldnt wait, had to shoot it out back and to piss the neighbors off, i love it its so fast and so accurate, ball broke in the barrel but the bolt didnt break it which is awesome, im still amazed

Maggot6
04-14-2005, 07:40 PM
And you always will be :clap:

kurama
04-14-2005, 08:46 PM
Mags are amazing. My only complaint I have about my mag is that I always loose it in my messy room or garage. People are generally misinformed on mags though. I broke out laughing when a kid with a shocker told some guy who was starting that mags were "Unreliable, have low range, and are old news". It was somewhat embarrasing when I tried to explain to him how much better a mag is than his marker while barely being able to keep a straight face. Of course, this kid was a very dim-witted one who I caught later telling someone with an ion "Yeah, the ION's are nice but they dont get as much range as the shocker". Rofl.

Mr. Mouse
04-14-2005, 08:51 PM
i own a shocker as well as my mag, i love both guns equally, yea i know i own a shocker with all the up's, go a head flame me lol, and no i dont like what sp does legally but whatever i cant do anything about that, both my shocker and my mag are light, compact, accurate and i love them both =) but kids make up excuses and such because they dont know what there talking about, i find that alot when i go paintballing.

Codekevin0403
04-14-2005, 08:54 PM
got it frop

mark_1791
04-14-2005, 09:56 PM
but kids make up excuses and such because they dont know what there talking about, i find that alot when i go paintballing.The dude that made the comment about cockers outshooting mags wasn't a kid, he was at least 20...

bound for glory
04-14-2005, 10:03 PM
so...i know plenty of idiots who are 20 ;)

nate2k191
04-14-2005, 10:21 PM
yes. mags. almost all experience i have had with autocockers has been negative (jams, mini hoses, ball breaks, and more) its hard to believe that im not bias, but you just dont have nearly as many cases of that with mags

i have owned 3 mech mags, i loved them all, they are consistant, accurate, easy to maintain, work great, and they are relaible.

of course... we all know this... so who am i informing? no one probably, i just love mags.

dyeguy65
05-10-2005, 08:31 PM
had a mag and sold it. it was probably a mistake cause im back to lookin for one again. however, i sold it and got another cocker.

cockers are just as amazing as mags IMO. timing, ball breaks, and hose problems (which im guessin you mean snaggin them on something?) havent been problems for me. if you know how to set it up, chops arent a problem. i rarely do. timing i will agree is a pain in the arse, but once youve done it a few times, its instinct from then on. but hose snags, or any problems with hosing for that matter, simply havent had. what can catch hoses on an airball field? other than a horribly placed steak? heh.

anyway, thats my thought on mags vs cockers. for me its dead locked. give me both and ill be set :shooting:

and on the walking subject, a guy i reffed with worked his magic on the cocker i scratch built, and walked it, pretty reliably for a short period of time. couldnt do it for long though. thats quite a workout on your fingers...

cdacda13
05-10-2005, 08:48 PM
had a mag, sold it. WORST CHOICE EVER.
But im looking to get back into the family once i get more money.(i hate being poor)

Link44
05-10-2005, 08:50 PM
cool thing w/ the sear. i've been trying to do it, but i can't seem to unscrew it. i think there is some locktight. any suggestions on how to unscrew it/get locktight off?

-Link44

AGDlover
05-10-2005, 08:57 PM
just grab a pair of plyers grab on and start unscrewing but remember before Dayspring comes in saying it AGD doesnt recomend doing it but agd didnt recomend a lot of things that work :rolleyes:

68magOwner
05-10-2005, 09:10 PM
my teammate's dad has a tac one, with no ult, no adjusted sear, my teammate can consistently walk it preety quick (probably ~13bps), preety amazing, i believe he may put a ULT in it soon.

mark_1791
05-10-2005, 09:55 PM
my teammate's dad has a tac one, with no ult, no adjusted sear, my teammate can consistently walk it preety quick (probably ~13bps), preety amazing, i believe he may put a ULT in it soon.How the heck do you walk a 3 lb trigger at 13 bps??? I can't even walk my ULT! But I can fan it hella fast though...definitly over 10 bps, MAYBE 13-14. But I'm getting a hyperframe soon, so no more crazy fanning for me.

AnimalMother
05-11-2005, 10:55 AM
How the heck do you walk a 3 lb trigger at 13 bps??? I can't even walk my ULT! But I can fan it hella fast though...definitly over 10 bps, MAYBE 13-14. But I'm getting a hyperframe soon, so no more crazy fanning for me.

Good point. You can't walk a 3 lb trigger at all, you HAVE to use one finger. I can't fan my trigger more than 9-10 bps and I have a ULT- the trigger pull is too long on a mech mag, I doubt you can get 13-14, but I may be wrong.

Jack & Coke
05-11-2005, 11:44 AM
...now i can walk the trigger with my z-grip without it short stroking...

post a video clip!

:clap:

cdacda13
05-11-2005, 01:59 PM
Good point. You can't walk a 3 lb trigger at all, you HAVE to use one finger. I can't fan my trigger more than 9-10 bps and I have a ULT- the trigger pull is too long on a mech mag, I doubt you can get 13-14, but I may be wrong.
I was able to get 12 BPS on my mag with intelliframe, while moving my fingers in a walking motion. (top finger, then bottom finger)

Mr. Mouse
05-11-2005, 03:15 PM
post a video clip!

:clap:

if i had a video camera... lol =), i still gotta mess with it i could prob make the pull even lighter, ive been busy with working and school and such i havent got to fool with it more but i could prob make it more walkable when i get time >=)

Jack & Coke
05-11-2005, 03:37 PM
...if i had a video camera...

bummer!

:cry:

Sure would've been nice to see a clip of someone "walking a ULT Mag without shortstroking".
(assuming "walking the trigger" = electro-like trigger speeds of 10-16bps)

:shooting:

slade
05-11-2005, 05:13 PM
cool thing w/ the sear. i've been trying to do it, but i can't seem to unscrew it. i think there is some locktight. any suggestions on how to unscrew it/get locktight off?

-Link44
use a lighter to heat the locktight, and pliers to rotate.

People are generally misinformed on mags though. I broke out laughing when a kid with a shocker told some guy who was starting that mags were "Unreliable, have low range, and are old news". It was somewhat embarrasing when I tried to explain to him how much better a mag is than his marker while barely being able to keep a straight face. Of course, this kid was a very dim-witted one who I caught later telling someone with an ion "Yeah, the ION's are nice but they dont get as much range as the shocker". Rofl.
ill agree that that guy is an idiot, but honestly your mag isnt better than a shocker. and i hate smart parts. assuming its a mech, and sp didnt mess up the shocker too much (leave metal shavings in it, it leaks, other random problems) the shocker will be faster and equitable in other qualities such as weight, size and feel. the mag certainly wins on reliability, but if it works the shocker will perform better. id still take the mag cause i hate sp and love mags, but for most other $800 electros id certainly take them over a mech mag.

if, however, youre talking about a devilmag, that is certainly (well arguably) better than a shocker.

Link44
05-11-2005, 05:22 PM
k thx guys i'll give it a shot