PDA

View Full Version : Anyone skate/bike/shred? Tis the season...

trains are bad
04-14-2005, 08:22 PM
Any out there? I spend so much time riding and skating now that it's nice out it's killing my GPA. And my knees look like raw meat lol. Anyone else hit up the concrete wave on a regular basis?

I have a fit series one and a blind with independent trucks.

Post pics of your vehicles/brushes or even riding videos!

quik
04-14-2005, 08:40 PM
Yup I sure do skate. Loving every minute of the pool.

WenULiVeUdiE
04-14-2005, 08:42 PM
I shred the powder, and that's about it.

I used to skate and bike. But it was too expensive and I lost interest.

gimp
04-14-2005, 09:58 PM
What does shred mean?

quik
04-14-2005, 10:09 PM
Shred means to carve, and usually, you 'carve' the streets or snow with a skateboard/ski.

trains are bad
04-14-2005, 10:16 PM
Shred (v.) {shredder, shredding, shreddage}: Use of a vehicle and creative energies to utilize random objects and terrain in unconventional ways. See also:thrash

I used to skate and bike. But it was too expensive and I lost interest.

EXPENSIVE? And you snowboard and play paintball, and think biking or skating is expensive? Maybe for some people, but heck it's the cheapest entertainment I can think of. I buy all of $50 of bike parts a year not including what I happen to break or get bored with, which isn't much.

And an entire skateboard is less than a tourney entry fee.

Hospital bills are what get you though *knocks on wood*

I know what you mean with interest though, I was in a biking slump a bit ago, but the weather and some skating have gotten me back into it. Riding is basically all that keeps me in shape for paintball. It's a ctually decent crosstraining.

The people get me down sometimes too, some scenes take themselves too seriously. It's all because of the evil television and espn. The opposite of paintball, exposure is BAD for skateboarding.

Soopa Villain17
04-15-2005, 09:00 AM
i use to ride bmx i have a mcniel miron frame still but now im 2 fat to pedal around on a 20incher, but im gunna build my gt frame up and ride around on it to lose weight

WenULiVeUdiE
04-15-2005, 02:01 PM
EXPENSIVE? And you snowboard and play paintball, and think biking or skating is expensive? Maybe for some people, but heck it's the cheapest entertainment I can think of. I buy all of $50 of bike parts a year not including what I happen to break or get bored with, which isn't much.

And an entire skateboard is less than a tourney entry fee.

It doesnt seem expensive to me now, but back then it did. I had no stable income and barely any money in the bank. Now it would be a peice of cake to afford.

oneworld
04-15-2005, 02:20 PM
i used to sk8.. for a long time i did.. but i took up snowboarding.. snowboarded for 6 years and during that time i lost intrest in sk8baording...

Hairball
04-15-2005, 03:32 PM
Starting bmx.. been skiing for 9 years

personman
04-15-2005, 03:51 PM
Hey guess what?

You owe me $5.

I will leave bad feedback. :)

dave p
04-15-2005, 06:26 PM
my pool boards:
http://m-net.arbornet.org/~lorax/boards 002.jpg

and my other boards(flowers is my daughters and the popsickle stick is my sons, the rest are mine:
http://m-net.arbornet.org/~lorax/october 030.jpg

psychoreaper_666
04-15-2005, 07:46 PM
i do flatland bmx doesn't really rip you up, but it will increase your coordination and balance.
i ride a fly micro-machine

i also love to hit dirt jumps on my other bike (a walmart special) i usually go to the motocross track near my house to do that.

onedude36
04-15-2005, 11:48 PM
I ride my ghetto board. It is an old fish board with none of the plastics left and worn down rollerblade wheels, but its fast and carves like no other.... :cool:

CKY_Alliance
04-16-2005, 12:12 AM
I skateboard...not as much as i use to kinda got bored with it.
I snowboard any chance i get but seeing as i live in SC i only get to Snowboard like twice a year since nearest hill is about 5 hours...Snowboarding is by far the most fun of all board sports.I also skim board..and im gonna try out surfing this summer.

anyone ever flowboard? i might try that out.Help me out on keeping my carving up on the off season.

trains are bad
04-16-2005, 12:22 AM
Hey guess what?

You owe me $5.

I will leave bad feedback. :)

Directed at me? It's possible a transaction slipped under cracks is what I mean, pm me if you are serious...

to the dude that rides flat, I try, there's not a great deal of easy stuff to learn without pegs. Plus I have a 21" frame. But I would give a major body organ to be able to manual. I have been trying to manual for 8 years. I think it's one of those things I'll never be able to do, like roll my toungue up.

kenndogg
04-16-2005, 12:24 AM
used to do freestyle bmx back in highschool. Just now got back into it and picked up a nice little Hoffman disrupter. Its a heck of alot cheaper than paintball too. I just throw the bike in my truck and drive around until I find a nice establishment to ride.

personman
04-16-2005, 09:14 AM
Directed at me? It's possible a transaction slipped under cracks is what I mean, pm me if you are serious...
Remember that one video? With the blender? ;)