PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a rail..

rkjunior303
04-14-2005, 09:03 PM
OK.

Here's my dilemma. Currently, my Merlin is running a peanut tank on a unimount... It's a little too short. I've been searching for a rail similar to the CP's that I could spin around but every one I find has a dovetail.

Are there any that I can screw the unimount in, that will bring the unimount back about an inch or so?

chairman_mao
04-15-2005, 08:30 AM
Check out the Checkit site. If I remember correctly they just released a new unimount that is a rail/asa as opposed to the current cradle style. You could also probably get luke or one of the othe machinists around AO to make one up super special just for you think how pretty you'd feel having a one of one rail. :p

TheTramp
04-15-2005, 09:04 AM
OK.

Here's my dilemma. Currently, my Merlin is running...

Here's where you made your first misstatment. ;)

P.S. I think the Air America rail might have asa holes on it.

can'tthink of1
04-15-2005, 04:20 PM
1.Buy duckbill
2.sell uni
4.Profit

I personally don't care about not having an on/off.

meshaq
04-15-2005, 04:32 PM
get a small drop and reverse it

rkjunior303
04-15-2005, 04:38 PM
every small/mini drop is dovetail these days.

I may sell the unimount and get a Dye Mini-drop w/ a CP on/off...... OR, I'll get a Unimount II

jenarelJAM
04-15-2005, 10:22 PM
i got a shocktech mini drop(the second smallest drop they sell, its either mini or micro) and it can be put on either forward or back. it moves teh tank a little over an inch front/back and about half an inch down. it has holes on the bottoms that you could probably screw your unimount onto. I actually returned my screw-in tank and am getting a flatline soon. I could possibly sell you the the shocktech drop, along w/ a black cp on/off asa. both are practically new, used for one day.

rkjunior303
04-16-2005, 05:29 PM
I ended up getting a longer tank.. fits like a dream.