PDA

View Full Version : ANS parts - opinion???

tolley
04-14-2005, 09:50 PM
What is the general opinion on all the ANS parts available for Mags. I know they're mostly old school, but how do they perform, should I stay away or what.

Parts I know of: Phase II valve body, Phase II bolt, hi-flow on/off, etc.

Vulcan
04-14-2005, 10:38 PM
What is the general opinion on all the ANS parts available for Mags. I know they're mostly old school, but how do they perform, should I stay away or what.

Parts I know of: Phase II valve body, Phase II bolt, hi-flow on/off, etc.

everyone I have talked to said to stick to the AGD parts.

Dayspring
04-15-2005, 09:31 AM
ANS parts = garbage

BigEvil
04-15-2005, 09:38 AM
ANS parts = garbage

The ANS aftermarket parts were an attempt to captolize on the large amount of automags in circulation (IMAGINE THAT) and the fact that there were very few accessories available for them. As we know, it was a gun that didnt need any performance parts, such as the old skool autocockers. Which btw, were horrible out of the box, back in the day.

I have used a few different ANS Autococker parts, and I really liked them. As for the mag ones, they are a waste of money. They do nothing, other than give you a sence of "I just upgraded my marker".

punkncat
04-15-2005, 10:55 AM
You will find many here who will say all ANS products stink, etc.

The parts available for the mag are quality parts, but don't make any difference in how your mag performs. In some cases (long nose/short nose bolt) adding their part can actually cause problems. I would suggest if you can pick some of the ANS parts up for near nothing, then go for it. I currently use one of the venturi bolts and it performs as it should.

tolley
04-17-2005, 06:59 PM
Well, here's the thing. I got this used classic with ANS Valve body, bolt, and on/off top. I consider myself a decent Automag tech, and I still can't get this thing to shoot real crisp. It wants to chuff a little at the end of each trigger stroke, if I hold the trigger down it just blows air. I've tried adjusting the rod a bunch, and have switched everything in the marker back to AGD parts except for the on/off top, I don't have one to use. Doesn't this sound like an on/off problem.