PDA

View Full Version : New Problem

ryandabomb
04-15-2005, 05:02 PM
Ok, I have an RTpro, on my last post i had a problem with a leak but i fixed it. . But now i got a new problem. When i gas it up it just start shooting itself. I checked and the SAFTEY was still ON. thats right on and it was shooting. Any thoughts?

D-Block
04-15-2005, 05:10 PM
Im pretty sure the safety just keeps you from pulling the trigger, so if it is firing with the safety on, then you probably have too many shims on your ULE Trigger. Try taking 1 or 2 off first then gas up.

ryandabomb
04-17-2005, 02:18 PM
2 things...

1. I don't have a clue in what a shim is, im still kinda new to this automag thing.
2. I don't think i have a ULE trigger either, I bought this gun @ a garage sale so i dont know if it does or not.

personman
04-17-2005, 02:23 PM
When you say shooting, do you mean just 1 shot, or it goes into rapid fire?

A single shot when you gas up is pretty normal.

gamer
04-17-2005, 02:28 PM
im havin the same problem, got an RT PRO that had a X-VALVE and LEVEL10 on it, i took it off cause i havent figured it out yet and put the stock RT valve and bolt on it, well when i gas it up it rapid fires, i can pull the trigger in and hold it and it stops, im going to go through it and oil it up but im thinking i might need to adjust the trigger rod.

Carbon Blue
04-17-2005, 02:56 PM
well before you adjust your trigger rod make sure it is up agd specs. If it is dont even bother adjusting it. Usually rapid fire is due to too much shims in the ULT (gold brass thing in the bottom of the valve with shims in it) check BlackVCG's thread on the ULT and there you will find pics of the ult. If you do have a ult pull out that brass piece with your fingers and unscrew them. Take one shim (shim- its a reallly small and thin circle piece, make sure when you put it back on dont bend it!)out at a time screw it back and try dry firing. If you have the stock on/off check your input pressure and make sure its at around 800-850psi. Some mags with the rt/x/emag/ valve will start to go full auto at anything 850 on up. hope this helps

stop whining buy a mag
04-17-2005, 05:03 PM
Make sure you have your sear in.

If you have the ULT just take it out and install it when you are comfortable trouble shooting your mag or someone can help you.

A Lvl 7 RT mag will sweetspot easier than a Lvl 10 RT mag. The Lvl 10 requires more pressure which stops most of the bounce.

If you do have the Lvl 10 in there and it is still doing some crazy thing when you gas it up just put the Lvl 7 pieces in there or use the 1 line carrier with 2 shims and the short spring.

And like Carbon said, make sure you have your tank set to roughly 800 PSI. You said when you screw in your tank it starts shooting so I'm guessing you have a preset screw-in tank. If that is the case then it should be fine.

That's just about it.

personman
04-17-2005, 05:18 PM
Make sure you have your sear in.
If he didnt have his sear in, all he would get is a massive leak down the barrel.

Ryandabomb, try tightening up the field strip screw in the back of the marker with an allen wrench. Also, is it possible you could have chipped or somehow damaged the on/off pin when you had it apart?

undescriptive
04-17-2005, 05:19 PM
Check all the O-rings are in the On/Off

funny things can happen if they aren't all there!

any other problems... yell for TunaMan ;)

stop whining buy a mag
04-17-2005, 05:34 PM
If he didnt have his sear in, all he would get is a massive leak down the barrel.

Sorry. I wasn't thinking. Make sure you have your Sear PIN in.

On/Off O-rings are another good culprit.

logicmag19
04-17-2005, 08:25 PM
Yea, when you have the marker gassed up, shoot it, turn it off then take off the tank, it leaves a bit of air in it and when you gas her up again it will shoot off. but if you leave her on then take off the tank then turn off the marker it won't shoot when you regas her.
Hope it helps.

Phantom_Mag
04-18-2005, 02:04 PM
The trigger rod might simply pull screwed out way too much which would cause it to think the trigger is constantly being pulled. If thats the case screw in the trigger rod more untill its tops firing.

ryandabomb
04-19-2005, 06:28 PM
personman- It goes into rapid fire.
undescriptive- The drop is brand new it is a psycoballistics Z-drop. (btw i love it reccomend to any front-mid-back player.)
Phamton Mag- ?(sry)

personman
04-19-2005, 06:54 PM
Ryandabomb, try tightening up the field strip screw in the back of the marker with an allen wrench. Also, is it possible you could have chipped or somehow damaged the on/off pin when you had it apart?
Have you tried that yet?
It sounds simple but it's a possibility.

ryandabomb
04-19-2005, 07:27 PM
I just stripped it, I DO NOT have a ULT. But the small piece inside the bolt (no idea what its called) is stuck somehow, i think that is what is making the marker go into rapid fire so i dont know what to do next.

Thank you everyone for your help in this problem.

Paintmanmike
04-20-2005, 02:45 PM
One piece of advise, when gassing an Automag hold the trigger in. Stops the regualtor from trying to run at low pressure which causes the shot on gas up problem.

ryandabomb
04-20-2005, 09:07 PM
One piece of advise, when gassing an Automag hold the trigger in. Stops the regualtor from trying to run at low pressure which causes the shot on gas up problem.

Thanks. NO more rapid fire thank god.