PDA

View Full Version : AGD flatline and misc. Questions

jenarelJAM
04-15-2005, 06:51 PM
Hey, i've got some questions about the AGD flatline tank. AGD Europe says that it has some sort of quick disconnect fitting. What is that, and also, w/ the flatline drop, would the top of a 45 ci tank stick up above the bottom of the grip frame. Like, if you drew a horizontal line from the bottom of the grip frame towards the tank, would the tank cross that horizontal line? I need to know because i have a qloader mounted just above the tank, and if it sticks up much, the qloader wouldnt fit. also, where can i get some 1500 psi macroline and some better fittings than 32 degrees? i bought a $10 package of macroline w/ two 90 degree fittings just so i could use my gun, but i need to get some better stuff.

Chronobreak
04-15-2005, 09:31 PM
Hey, i've got some questions about the AGD flatline tank. AGD Europe says that it has some sort of quick disconnect fitting. What is that, and also, w/ the flatline drop, would the top of a 45 ci tank stick up above the bottom of the grip frame. Like, if you drew a horizontal line from the bottom of the grip frame towards the tank, would the tank cross that horizontal line? I need to know because i have a qloader mounted just above the tank, and if it sticks up much, the qloader wouldnt fit. also, where can i get some 1500 psi macroline and some better fittings than 32 degrees? i bought a $10 package of macroline w/ two 90 degree fittings just so i could use my gun, but i need to get some better stuff.

sry i dont know any of that

but i REALLY must stress SS hose for taht much pressure, its much more safer and reliable.

at 1500 it could easily blow, and its not gonna be pretty :eek:

JRingold
04-15-2005, 09:37 PM
Definately go stainless steel braided hose, if you don't like the cosmetics, shrink wrap it! :clap:

The measurement of the tank crossing the "plane" as you describe would depend on the drop. With one of my drops the 68/3K Air America doesn't cross the plane, with the other it does.

jenarelJAM
04-15-2005, 10:08 PM
let me clarify...

the macroline i'm looking for is specifically made for paintball and is rated for 1500 psi(i am not putting 1500 psi thru it, only about 1000), not the cheap regular stuff rated for 750 or whatever. I know that the macroline i have already wont cut it.

the flatline tank comes w/ a stock drop and i was asking about the plane based on that drop.

thanks guys, keep the input comin plz

ShadowNife
04-16-2005, 12:27 AM
just a question, but why in the world would you be shooting 1000 psi through the tube? what marker needs that high of operating pressures in order to function...? but as everyone else said its much safer and probably cheaper and at around the same size. Plus there the Q/D factor :)

as for the qloader, get a CMS system, mount the fitting directly onto the AGD Flatline regulator part. It should be circular from what i can see in the pics (i dont own one), so it should mount just fine. My friend does it that way. He attached the mounting bracket onto the reg portion, then uses the bracket with a 90 turn shaped like a long "L". That way, it'll always be above the tank, since its position is relative to the tank itself, not the marker. I personally mount it alongside the body of my mag. I hate having huge stretches of hosing.

jenarelJAM
04-16-2005, 01:07 AM
ShadowNife, the reason i want the 1000 psi input pressure is for rapidfiring my mag in mech mode, and for a crisper and faster recharge in e-mode. i've spent a large sum of money into my marker setup already and am willing to spend a bit more to get everything working great. Also, Thanks you mucho for the qloader mounting idea. i already have the cms upgrade, but it never occurred to my to put it directly on the tank. I had been using a screw in until now, so that would not have worked w/ needing to unscrew it every time. Thanks a ton!