PDA

View Full Version : Making a classic mag look like an RT

Vulcan
04-15-2005, 08:58 PM
I'm looking forward to getting my first mag. Its a barely used classic mag that I got for pretty cheap. I really would like to customize it. I really love the look of the RT, actualy think its one of the best looking guns ever. Anyway, Can I get an RT rail, the RT sight, the RT grip mount put it all together with the parts from my classic mag and have a RT looking gun? Are all the parts compatible?
Thanks.

master_alexander
04-15-2005, 09:59 PM
not the classic rt, but sure with the rt pro.

Vulcan
04-16-2005, 06:36 PM
not the classic rt, but sure with the rt pro.

Thanks.

SocialD
04-18-2005, 03:02 PM
You'd also need the RT sear and RT sear axle.

Vulcan
04-18-2005, 03:03 PM
You'd also need the RT sear and RT sear axle.

Whys that? Sorry, but I don't fully understand the differences between the RT and the normal Mag.

SocialD
04-18-2005, 03:13 PM
First the distance between the bottom of the rail and the radius in which the body sits is about .015" (I'm not 100% sure about the .015") different between the RT rail and the 68Classic rail. The sear axle for an RT rail needs to screw into the rail. Then, the geometry between the two sears is just different.

Oh, I forgot, you might also need a longer on/off pin. I'm not sure if you can buy a longer pin for the Classic on/off. The length of the on/off pin is essentially adjustable if you buy an ULT kit. So, that might be a better way for you to go. However, it is all up to you.

EDIT

I just looked and it doesn't look like you can buy a different length on/off pin for the on/off in the 68Classic valve. So, You'd probably need to get the ULT kit or an on/off assembly for an RT Pro, but I'm not sure if that'll work.