PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on the Benchmark double trigger frame?

hobbesTZ
04-15-2005, 10:41 PM
I just picked up an RT 'mag (again...when will the gun whoring end :eek: ) and this one came with the Benchmark double trigger frame. I've used a y-frame with ULT before and I had short stroking issues with it. I set this one up how I wanted, and took it out for 75 or so shots (it was late :ninja: ). I thought it was mostly excellent. The trigger pull is long but the RT effect resets the trigger once you've pulled it long enough anyway. It was really light (no ULT) and pretty smooth to boot. I was able to keep good rythym without any short strokage.

Anywho, I was wondering what everyone else thought of the Benchmark frame used with an RT 'mag, and if there's anything I should watch out for. And what good would this thread be without a picture...

http://www.jayloo.com/files/pics/23000/Pict0022_rs.JPG

RRfireblade
04-15-2005, 11:20 PM
Nope, sounds like you have it figured out.

The Mag trigger has always been a trade off, long and light (Benchy) or short and stiff (Intelli) which ever works best for you is the correct chioce. :)

FYI, I also have a blade style trigger for those older frames if you interested.

Jay.

hobbesTZ
04-15-2005, 11:22 PM
Anything special about it like less side to side slack, shorter pull, trigger stops, etc...?

RRfireblade
04-15-2005, 11:33 PM
Less side to side. Other than that it functions the same. Just a Blade style alternative.

Looks like...

http://premium1.uploadit.org/rrfireblade/Paintball/Medusa.jpg

hobbesTZ
04-15-2005, 11:46 PM
It's hard to keep my eye on the trigger, gotta love the PTP bodies. I've seen those triggers around before but I had no idea who made them. What color(s) do you have and what would the damage to my wallet be?

peewee
04-15-2005, 11:54 PM
will you please stop rubbing that marker under my nose!!!!! ;) To damn sexy!! I personally like the benchy very much. My current ULE is the first double trigger frame that wasnt a benchmark.