PDA

View Full Version : Mag troubles......:(

ohtehnoes
04-16-2005, 10:55 AM
Well last season my team managed to win what we thought was an automag RT. But when we opened the box we found out that the RT valve had been replaced with a minimag one. So we just kinda let it sit and collect dust for a while and now have decided to sell it. My teammate held in the trigger and screwed in a tank of c02 and air is leaking out of the little burst hole? The hole similar to the one on an ASA. Ummm does anyone know what could be causing this....my teammate is convinced it's too much pressure and I can't convince him it's not...
Help is much appreciated :cry:

hobbesTZ
04-16-2005, 02:18 PM

I dunno about anyone else, but I dont follow you. Are you talking about the hole in the side of the valve that the air fitting screws in to?

personman
04-16-2005, 02:44 PM
If you look on the side of the valve, it says rated to 3000 psi.
I doubt you have too much pressure on there..

Scott Hudnall
04-16-2005, 03:56 PM
I say it's a lost cause.......send it to me.......don't even try fixing it.....I'll give you $50 for it....LOL.

dj89
04-16-2005, 07:57 PM
You may need to o rings, or some lube.

rb211
04-18-2005, 08:57 PM
If you are referring to the hole in the back of the valve where you adjust the velocity, that means that the velocity is too high. Get a 1/8 allen wrench and turn it counter-clockwise until it stops venting. If that doesn't stop it, replace the regulator piston o-ring.