PDA

View Full Version : Anything I can do to make my 'mag feed paint better?

hobbesTZ
04-16-2005, 12:24 PM
I've been having troubles with my newest 'mag. It has the RT valve and a powerfeed body. When I use it with my Revvy I ocasionally get one of the balls stuck on the powerfeed plug (non-parabolic)and it will stop shooting until I twist it around a bit. When I tried my Halo on it, the problem was even worse. Is there anything I can do with the plug I have to make it feed better? Would the Halo even work well on the powerfeed with the wire nubbin detent? It's been randomly chopping paint as well. Could the plug be the cause?

Jakedubbleya
04-16-2005, 12:38 PM
Convert it to vert feed...?

MisterBones25
04-16-2005, 12:40 PM
replacing the plug would be a cheaper solution, otherwise im not sure

onedude36
04-16-2005, 12:41 PM
If it is the non-parabolic plug, that could cause feeding problems. I would just go ahead and buy a new plug or a ule body. Do you have a lvl 10? the revy may not be fast enough, and the halo could push paint past your detents, resulting in it shooting two balls at once or a big gob of paint. Hope I helped :D

personman
04-16-2005, 12:48 PM
The plug is your problem. Replace it and you'll be fine :) Trust me ;)

hobbesTZ
04-16-2005, 12:55 PM
I was looking for a quicker solution so I could use it tomorrow.

personman
04-16-2005, 12:58 PM
Well, maybe if you are skilled enough with elmers glue, you can make it parabolic? I donno, but I'm pretty sure its the plug. Especially since the halo was worse on it.

hobbesTZ
04-16-2005, 01:37 PM
What about sanding it to try and round it out better?

chairman_mao
04-16-2005, 02:14 PM
You should be able to get a p/f plug at the filed and it shouldn't be more the a couple of bucks

hobbesTZ
04-16-2005, 02:15 PM
The field I'm going to doesn't have this sort of thing. Is the problem that the plug goes into to far or not far enough?

personman
04-16-2005, 02:20 PM
The field I'm going to doesn't have this sort of thing. Is the problem that the plug goes into to far or not far enough?
Neither. The problem with the old plugs is that there is a flat spot. Power feed plugs should be perfectly curved (ie parabola) in order for the balls to feed right. Otherwise they get caught up on that flat spot. They get caught up more with a halo because the halo is pushing the balls into that flat spot. All you need to do is figure out how to make the flat spot go away.

Or you could buy a parabolic plug ;)

hobbesTZ
04-16-2005, 02:27 PM
I will, but I can't get one for tomorrow.

hobbesTZ
04-16-2005, 02:27 PM
Would a piranha P/F plug be any better?

personman
04-16-2005, 02:42 PM
Look and see if it has a flat spot. I know the one on my rebel has a flat spot.

If its rounded and fits, then it should work. The length might be a little off though.

master_alexander
04-16-2005, 03:11 PM
if you want no chops ever and have some extra cash then get a level 10 and a ule body (or an emag center feed) or get an classic mag body for it.

the cheap solution is to sand it down so it feeds right, and the other other cheap solutiion is to get a new plug.

Scott Hudnall
04-16-2005, 03:53 PM
I concur with the others.....buy a new parabolic powerfeed plug and you'll be ok.

regarding other chops issues.....you need to get rid of the wire nubbin/detent and use the plastic nubbin/detents.

Also, what bolt are you using (assuming L7 bolt)? To help stop chops without the L10 bolt system, then try a L7 bolt with a foamie.

Combination of FOAMIE bolt, plastic nubbin, correct feedplug, a good loader and quality paint will result in very very very few chops, if any. It's not uncommon for me to shoot an entire case without breaks....and that is my exact set up.

Automaggot68
04-16-2005, 04:43 PM
if you want no chops ever and have some extra cash then get a level 10 and a ule body (or an emag center feed) or get an classic mag body for it.

the cheap solution is to sand it down so it feeds right, and the other other cheap solutiion is to get a new plug.

U HAVE SOLVED HIS PROBLEMMSS.

i'd go with sanding it, maybe using a dremel.
THe Halo wont work well with the powerfeed itself, as it works BEST with a lowrise vert feed.

AGD202
04-16-2005, 04:55 PM
dont put the plug in as far as it can go... back it out a little and ur problem will be solved

trevorjk
04-16-2005, 08:53 PM
put a large oring at the base of the plug.... sorta like you would do to a barrel(threaded barrels) or at the base of a regulator... it will give it that little bit of space and will solve all your problems