PDA

View Full Version : 68 AutoMag help please . . .

pumba1234
04-16-2005, 06:35 PM
I just got my first 68 Automag, and I have yet to figure out how all of it works. I'm having a little trouble keeping the velocity at a constant. I've been reading some threads saying that it could be the reg seat. Whatever it is, i still haven't gotten the courage to crack into the regulator or the valve and investigate it. If anyone knows of any exploded view schematics or any kind of instructions on how to disassemble these pieces, could you please send me some links?

I;m also looking to get a new bolt for this gun, because the previous owner didn't take very good care of it, and the bolt has a couple small spots of rust forming around the lip. I don't think this is a problem as of yet, but i dont want to risk it, plus i'd like to get a god aftermarket bolt for this anyways. any help on where to look would be great. I've done a little research on it already, but i've only found one or two different bolts for it. I'd kinda like to see some other options.

Thanks for any help

Maggot6
04-16-2005, 06:52 PM
Basicallly, you unscrew the back. There should be a big oring, some threads and a pin. There you go :) As for the On/Off you just pull it out *gently*. You wont break anything, I shot out my on off with a full tank of gas behind it, put it back in and it still shoots.

Level 10 bolt is amazing, Get that above all others.

Spacemanvic
04-16-2005, 06:54 PM
http://www.airgun.com/Techinfo.shtml

One stop shopping. There are so few parts to the mag, it isnt that hard to work on.

I just got my first 68 Automag, and I have yet to figure out how all of it works. I'm having a little trouble keeping the velocity at a constant. I've been reading some threads saying that it could be the reg seat. Whatever it is, i still haven't gotten the courage to crack into the regulator or the valve and investigate it. If anyone knows of any exploded view schematics or any kind of instructions on how to disassemble these pieces, could you please send me some links?

I;m also looking to get a new bolt for this gun, because the previous owner didn't take very good care of it, and the bolt has a couple small spots of rust forming around the lip. I don't think this is a problem as of yet, but i dont want to risk it, plus i'd like to get a god aftermarket bolt for this anyways. any help on where to look would be great. I've done a little research on it already, but i've only found one or two different bolts for it. I'd kinda like to see some other options.

Thanks for any help

pumba1234
04-16-2005, 07:14 PM
awesome, thanks for the help and the links . . . this will come in handy

Thanks