PDA

View Full Version : what should i buy for a back up??

atm743
04-16-2005, 10:29 PM
ok I jest got back for nvp from Rochester ( i Friday night ) and i saw lots of neat and different guns that i never see local ( i live in a small city ) so im not used to seeing lots of high end guns

well anyway i rent with the team ( team magfiea ) and our local field owner and son from rickz games and they allowed them to use an ion and i was able to shoot it. i love how it shoots

now i was planning on getting a back up marker for back up/ fun gun jest to screw around with and also for my dad to use to play.

now i cant decide if i should get an ion for a back up

or

build or buy an rt mag??

now the main reasons of thinking in getting an ion is

the low operating pressure. ( this is one of my big reasons) i have a flatline and i have to put 1000 or so into the gun to keep up high rate of fire in my e-mag

fast electric gun that’s cheap ( jest a cheap E gun that shoots really fast)

now i jest cant decide because between the mag because i want to save some air $$ i have been forking over so much $$ in air for my scuba and flatline that its not funny

but i am used of mags knowing how to oil and take them apart and fix them.

plus i have a kaner kit that will work with a ule bodied mag.

so help me out.

post what you think what is a better investment and idea for a back up gun

and please don’t be like " don’t get an ion because smart parts makes them" or something like that. yes i know smart parts makes them and im not a fan for smart parts and their ideas of steeling every ones ideas. but really i don’t care if i buy something from them or anyone

thanks and help me out!!

Mr. Mouse
04-16-2005, 10:32 PM
Build it, you will like the outcome because of course, you built it =)

onedude36
04-16-2005, 10:56 PM
Is this a rec ball 'fun marker' or a tourney backup? If it is tourney, Id go either ion, diablo wrath, or some icd gun with eyes. IF it is a rec ball gun, totally go mag.

atm743
04-16-2005, 11:02 PM
Is this a rec ball 'fun marker' or a tourney backup? If it is tourney, Id go either ion, diablo wrath, or some icd gun with eyes. IF it is a rec ball gun, totally go mag.

well its for both more for jest rec.

see in rec ball at my local field ( not rickz ) charges $1 per psi and i cant use my own scuba soo i have to pay for air every time i go there and i hate it. soo after the day is done and im shooting with my mag ill fill up my tank about soo 4-6 times soo thats about 12-18 bucks for air and i cant be paying that much thats why i was thinking get the ion for rec and some local tourney games.

onedude36
04-16-2005, 11:09 PM
I have the solution to your air problem: sell all of your guns and buy a viking :D

I actually dont know any other really efficient guns, except maybe a tuned cocker. :(

Jakedubbleya
04-16-2005, 11:25 PM
Yeah, ditch your air hogging flatline and other gun and buy a viking + a barrel with min porting.

if u dont wanna do that tho go for the imp for sure, great backup guns. Ive always liked old shockers too as mess around guns beacause theres so much to mess with lol, and they are hella cheap.

MonsterMag
04-16-2005, 11:29 PM
I say get an ion , even though I dont care for smart parts guns , they are nice to play with :dance:

atm743
04-16-2005, 11:41 PM
Yeah, ditch your air hogging flatline and other gun and buy a viking + a barrel with min porting.

if u dont wanna do that tho go for the imp for sure, great backup guns. Ive always liked old shockers too as mess around guns beacause theres so much to mess with lol, and they are hella cheap.

how can a flatline be air hogging?? its a tank regulator??? its fast and all. its only a 68 3000 though but im going to be getting a 68 4500 flatline soon :D

dj89
04-17-2005, 12:00 AM
You already know what i think

don’t get an ion because smart parts makes them

dj89
04-17-2005, 12:02 AM

His mag is a gas hog becase, he as no idea how to tune his lvl to and he will not let me do it.

I filled 2 times, for 1500 paint balls.
- one fill do to SS line leaking and fun shooting with out paint. :p

Jakedubbleya
04-17-2005, 12:04 AM
BAH! lol! stupid tank flatlines! haha nm on that, obviously thought you were talkin about the barrel.

BTW, which gun are you using now? dont think i caught that when reading the post, think that would help peeps help you:)

edit: so much about these flatline tanks hangin around the net and i still dont register them.

dj89
04-17-2005, 12:05 AM
BAH! lol! stupid mag-related flatlines! haha nm on that, obviously thought you were talkin about the barrel.

BTW, which gun are you using now? dont think i caught that when reading the post, think that would help peeps help you:)

Hes using an emag :)

atm743
04-17-2005, 12:09 AM
BAH! lol! stupid tank flatlines! haha nm on that, obviously thought you were talkin about the barrel.

edit: so much about these flatline tanks hangin around the net and i still dont register them.

emag with kaner kit barrel

about 950-1000 input with 68 3000 flatline

info here

http://www.freewebs.com/atm743/paintball.htm

Jakedubbleya
04-17-2005, 12:11 AM
yeah, go with the ion/used impy then:), i hate to be a smart parts fan too, but hey, its good stuff.

Codekevin0403
04-17-2005, 12:27 PM
i'd go with a mag. i don't like taking chances in the rain with my electronic guns (i know it's stupid, but it's my baby, i aint killing it cuz i made a stupid mistake) so i'd go with the RT.
But if you don't like playin in the rain, go with the ion, just because it's the only other choice you put on your poll.

BTW, i didn't like my ion, sold it the first week i had it. It had some leaking problem, but our shop couldn't fix it, and i didn't wanna go through the trouble with sending it to SP since i had a bad experience with them and my shocker.

atm743
04-17-2005, 12:47 PM
ya thats what i herd about ions. they had some leaking problems

and thats one reson im think in about a mech mag.

some times i play when its damp or sprinkling out and im soo not playing with my e-mag

im still kinda pushing for the ion though.

but right now im tring to sell my 68 3000 flatline soo i can get an 68 4500 flatline and if i sell my tank then i have to get some more $$ for the 4500 flatline so i have to see were im with in $$$

if i do get a mag i dont want to get one with a classic valve. has to have an rt valve a y grip and ule body and i dont really have 400 450 to spend but im kinda thinking in getting a rouge mag with a Shadow Rai then tank that rail and swamp it with my e-mag rail cuse my emag one is raw and i want a black one.

well hmmmm damn now should i really get a rogue mag??

damn more thinking to do :D

i'd go with a mag. i don't like taking chances in the rain with my electronic guns (i know it's stupid, but it's my baby, i aint killing it cuz i made a stupid mistake) so i'd go with the RT.
But if you don't like playin in the rain, go with the ion, just because it's the only other choice you put on your poll.

BTW, i didn't like my ion, sold it the first week i had it. It had some leaking problem, but our shop couldn't fix it, and i didn't wanna go through the trouble with sending it to SP since i had a bad experience with them and my shocker.

tyrion2323
04-17-2005, 01:02 PM
I HIGHLY recommend the Evil Omen.

Features:
Adjustable rate of fire: 15-25 bps
CAM anti-chop feeding system
Easily maintained and tuned
Upgradeability
Comes w/ Rail, on/off ASA, Driver barrel, etc.
AMAZING PMI customer service
Detonator Regulator

I LOVED my Omen. It was a dream. Once broken in, it ripped easily, and kept up with my fingers! The price of a NEW Omen is $329, which is pretty awesome, especially for a ready-to-go electronic marker.

If you have any questions, I'm always willing to chat via EMAIL or AIM (Kugleman).

=)

Jacob

ojhspyro89
04-17-2005, 01:52 PM
Buy a used bko, they are cheap and fairly fast.

Codekevin0403
04-17-2005, 02:29 PM
that new b2k5 looks pretty good actually. I'm not sure if that's the one that's 350 or 500 though. Also, if you do want a rogue mag, there is a new rouge mag out, and i'd definitely think about one of those if i were you.

Flow_Tech
04-17-2005, 02:31 PM
buy a cheap 2k2 timmy or something..Ions suck nuts,or atleast mine has since day 1.

ColdFuzion
04-17-2005, 02:49 PM
Like someone above said, Omens are good. Mags or tuned cockers, too.

-Cold

P.S.-flowtech, if your ION sucks, want to trade it for my GX-3? :D

WenULiVeUdiE
04-17-2005, 03:44 PM
B2K4 w/ PDS is only 320 at Bradyspaintball.com

That's a damn good price and they wont be in stock for long. Only 30 more than an Ion, but a whole lot better.

fire1811
04-17-2005, 04:14 PM
love my mag
love my new Ion

peewee
04-17-2005, 06:19 PM
Mech mag!!!

shadowspar
04-18-2005, 12:36 PM
Get a pump.

Seriously. You want to save money on air (and paint), get a pump. You'll brush up a lot on your playing skills, you'll be able to jump in against players that aren't as skilled as you without hopelessly outclassing them, and you can still go back to your e-mag when you feel the need to rip things up.

Pumps are super reliable as well, which is another important consideration for a back-up gun. Try it, you'll like it. =)

dj89
04-18-2005, 12:42 PM
pump Mech mag!!!

magman007
04-18-2005, 02:07 PM
old matrix led... trust me...you can find em for about 400 now, and they still perform on a level higher than anything else in the price range

Lohman446
04-18-2005, 02:10 PM
It depends on use. If you are going to buy a marker, through it in your gear bag, forget it until you need it, pull it out and expect it to work regardless of the conditions I recommend an old classic mag without LX. No tuning issues, pull it, oil it, air it, and go. I think its what I will end up doing at some point just for backup.

If you are going to use it more often, it opens up better avenues. But to me, a backup marker gives up performance for reliability over time.

mandatory
04-18-2005, 02:18 PM
id say go with a nice pump gun. they are good skill builders as well as paint/money savers. i pump everyother rec weekend...

mandatory
04-18-2005, 02:24 PM
.....but if its between the ion or the mech mag, definatly the mech mag. way more durable and trustworthy. Also a "low priced high performance" gun ie. ion is kind of an oxymoron. especially if its a back up. your primary gun should be the one that rips. id say keep your back up mech so you have less problems and less things to worry about (batteries...). also you will save a lot of paint shooting 9 bps max rather than 14-15 with the ion. go mech.

atm743
04-18-2005, 05:20 PM
now im kinda thinking a nice mag from rougefactor

cuse i kinda miss my ule mag. now see thats the thing now

i have my e-mag now soo if i wanted to jest play mech i jest put it on mech :D or take the battery out and jest slide on the battery pack with out the battery and stay mech for a while.

but im kinda thinking in staying away from the ion for now. depending on the money i save up and stuff im selling on e-bay.

right now im kinda thinking in saving up for a rt custom with eather a 90* from logic (with that one trigger that looks like a fireblade) or a rouge 90* frame. or ill go back to the y grip. mmmmm y grip :D mabey i am going to get a mech :D well im still think more about it and tonight ill probibly go look at my old mech mag pics. :D

and i jest though of this two i may get a nice rt custom and then get a old school classic minimag!!! but i have to have a ule body on it though cuse im not going back to twistlock barrels i had a paint with the last time plus i have a nice kaner kit anyway

hmmmmmmm buy a rt custom and build a classic mag>???? or get an ion???

im thinking in the mags now :D

dj89
04-18-2005, 08:12 PM
now im kinda thinking a nice mag from rougefactor

cuse i kinda miss my ule mag. now see thats the thing now

i have my e-mag now soo if i wanted to jest play mech i jest put it on mech :D or take the battery out and jest slide on the battery pack with out the battery and stay mech for a while.

but im kinda thinking in staying away from the ion for now. depending on the money i save up and stuff im selling on e-bay.

right now im kinda thinking in saving up for a rt custom with eather a 90* from logic (with that one trigger that looks like a fireblade) or a rouge 90* frame. or ill go back to the y grip. mmmmm y grip :D mabey i am going to get a mech :D well im still think more about it and tonight ill probibly go look at my old mech mag pics. :D

and i jest though of this two i may get a nice rt custom and then get a old school classic minimag!!! but i have to have a ule body on it though cuse im not going back to twistlock barrels i had a paint with the last time plus i have a nice kaner kit anyway

hmmmmmmm buy a rt custom and build a classic mag>???? or get an ion???

im thinking in the mags now :D

:clap: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :clap:

Glickman
04-18-2005, 08:17 PM
ion

doesnt sacrafice durability for performance.

durability of a mech spyder, performance of a shocker

thus why im selling my shocker for another ion :D

JRingold
04-18-2005, 08:50 PM
For me, I have an RT Pro as a backup to my X-Mag. The main reason. If something goes screwy with the X-Valve in the X-Mag, I can easily switch the on-off Assembly between the valves and keep shooting the X-Mag. If you are really looking for a backup, that's what I recommend. I also had a classic Minimag as a backup to my RT Pro, but I just unloaded that.

I have a Mech RT Pro so I can play scnario or woods games and not have a flashy marker to give me away. Well, when I'm not shooting the Phantom. in the woods.

minimag03
04-18-2005, 09:05 PM
I'd go with what you like the most. After owning several mags and shooting a lot of Ions, I can say I like the mags better.

Lohman446
04-18-2005, 11:09 PM
durability of a mech spyder, performance of a shocker

Now don't get me wrong.. I'm ok with SP but I never realized that mech Spyders were that unreliable (they maybe, never owned one)? I mean, has anyone really had the chance to test the Ions durability, over time, yet?

atm743
04-18-2005, 11:15 PM
i think i decided on what to get!!

ok well after thinking for a while. i can see my self on what is going to happen if i get an ion. its going to break, its going to start leaking and i dont know how to fix it cuse i only own mags soo thats what im best at fixing and mantaining.

soo im going to eather buy my self a rt custom with a Ripper V-M Vert Frame or y grip or a RPG Paradigm with a shadow rail.

or i may jest build a mag. im still kinda think what to have on it :D i know that it will be a black and red mag !! and it will have an x valve, ule body. still think about what to have for a frame a body rail and foregrip!

and also still thinking about getting a warp for it and my e-mag!! cuse i miss my warp mag heres an pic befor i parted her out to get my e-mag!!

http://img245.echo.cx/img245/6650/im0004484kp.jpg
http://img245.echo.cx/img245/1127/im0004367va.jpg

my old vert mag
http://img245.echo.cx/img245/9030/im0003954ae.jpg