PDA

View Full Version : Comments on the "Backup Plan"

AGD
04-17-2005, 11:51 AM
FYI,

We are now taking a lot of heat on lack of a backup plan. In fact we DID have a "Plan B" but it was nixed at the last second. I am not going to tell you by who or why because its personal business but there was nothing we could do about it.

Please remember we do this for FREE every year. You can't expect this to run perfectly when we are working on minimum staff, minimum dollars and need to make a lot of money for the charity at the end of it all.

Thanks

Celebrity Paintball

Creative Mayhem
04-17-2005, 12:22 PM
Tom we appreciate the work you and everyone else at Celebrity Paintball do to put an event like this together. However, you must understand that some of us have started planning, saving and arranging vacation schedules to attend immediately after the last Shatnerball. For most, the recent events has us both confused, and frustrated(which I'm sure you are too)

Personally, I had to have my vacation time arranged months ago, and my boss doesn't take too kindly to me wanting to change them at the last minute. This has me both frustrated and more than just a little miffed at what has happened, and why there isn't a usable back up plan that you can throw at us.

Hell, right now, I'd be happy with a planned date, that way I can get it arranged ASAP.

Mike Smith
04-17-2005, 12:44 PM
Tom:
Are you gonna change your name to Steve? :eek:

{Yea... I know... I'm gonna get smacked hard for this... I can't help it... I'm a Texan.} :D

Tom/Steve, you can smack me at the GI Joe scenario game in 3 weeks at Sherwood Forest in Laporte IN. :p

Tassel Mask
04-18-2005, 05:00 PM
I was reading a thread that an astronaut was on board with the BIG GAME. Was I misinformed?

As for the back up game, is there a plan B in the works?

Will there ever be another celebrity paintball ternament? I mean it sounds like 3 owners to me. one of you guys has to be rooting for another game right or wrong?

Thanks-

T.M.

Thom
04-21-2005, 12:46 PM
You can't expect this to run perfectly when we are working on minimum staff,
Hey Tom, I don't know if you are in need of volunteers, but I love this event and want to see it continue forever. So if there is any way I can contribute, please let me know. Not sure what I could do, but I'm a reasonably intelligent guy, working in project management (Chicago), who has been playing paintball for about 18 or 19 years. Maybe you really need volunteers or maybe everybody and their brother seems to want to help and you've got too many cooks in the kitchen--I don't know. But if you've got some menial tasks that no one seems to want to do, I'd be happy to step up. I would have sent you this in an email, but I don't know your address. So please email me or PM me if you'd like. If not, all my best and good luck.

--Thom

Tassel Mask
04-29-2005, 10:10 PM
Any chance on a back up Mobster Mash DVD? I remember seeing lots of cameras; not too many video cameras though. Is or was there ever going to be a Mobster Mash DVD?

Should we just bring our own video/picture phone/cameras from now on to document the games? The DVD's were great czz you never had to worry about stop playing to take a photo of your teammates.

I remember signing a form stating the event could use a picture of me in just about anyform possible, I just assumed that ment Mobster Mash DVD. Was this a wrong impression?

T.M.

Tunaman
04-30-2005, 08:55 AM
FYI,

We are now taking a lot of heat on lack of a backup plan. In fact we DID have a "Plan B" but it was nixed at the last second. I am not going to tell you by who or why because its personal business but there was nothing we could do about it.

Please remember we do this for FREE every year. You can't expect this to run perfectly when we are working on minimum staff, minimum dollars and need to make a lot of money for the charity at the end of it all.

Thanks

Celebrity PaintballWell I believe you are smart enough to do what every other "charitable organization" does...take some of that cash that is going to "charity" and use it to get the bills paid first. Add a little something to nothing and get to where you want to be a little faster. ;)

sandreaver
05-31-2005, 11:40 PM
I was hoping the Plan B would be revealed soon. There are a few of us here in AZ that need to start planning for this thing, time off, and saving up the cash to attend.
Is there anything being put together? Is there a time frame or location yet?