PDA

View Full Version : What do you think of Pro-dot sights?

rifleman
11-22-2001, 04:11 PM
The kind that you can't mount on vert bodies and still see--anyone have one?

I'm thinking about putting it on my xmas list, but I'm running a warp with 2 90's on a bushy, so I'm afriad the red dot will show up on a 90 elbow instead of the target...

Thanks

xmetal2001
11-22-2001, 04:27 PM
theyre useless. you don't have time to aim in paintball anyway. if you do then you need to start moving up and getting in the action

rifleman
11-22-2001, 04:31 PM
I thought the same about 2 years ago, but they seem to be taking off now-a-days.

zads27
11-22-2001, 07:38 PM
actually, that's how the armson pro-dot sight works.
you don't actually see the target through the armson pro-dot sight. it is an occluded eye sight, meaning that the red dot actually shows up on a black background. when you see the target with the other eye, your brain combines the images from both your eyes, and so when you point your marker, the red dot will move with the marker, and when you're aiming at the guy, the red dot will be on the guy too (unless of course you are aiming at a tree or something). in fact, you can do this with a regular red-dot sight, on a vert feed marker.. instead of seeing your target through the sight, you'll get the occluded eye effect, and your brain will combine the electronic red dot with the picture from your other eye.

that's the good thing about the armson pro-dot, that you can use it on a vert feed marker, or any marker with a sight rail, for that matter.

myself, i've always been one for the use of sights in paintball. perhaps you won't use it on every shot, i probably only use mine on 5-10% of my shots.. but what are you gonna do if you see just one tube on the guy's pack sticking out of the bunker? well you could spray and pray in the general direction, or what have you.. or you could aim more carefully and precisely, then spray.. tell me THEN, all other things being equal.. which is more likely to get a hit on that pack?

MrAirgunRT
11-22-2001, 08:34 PM
in my opinion whether u care or not.. Sight Dots and things of that sort.. suck anal lol.. just my opinion.. im one of those everything has to feel natural players. so don't mind me :)

Russ
11-22-2001, 09:09 PM
Both my son and I have used them. I have sold mine, because it takes me too much time to aim, but it can be a handy tool in rec ball when you want to pick a small target out with the minimal amount of shots.

Where I liked it the most was just testing paint and barrels in the back yard. The dot sight gives you a repeatable reference point-of-aim. It helps in determining accuracy.

They don't use a battery, and can be cleaned by rinsing under running water