PDA

View Full Version : LX not what AGD claims it to be???

rmhawk
04-17-2005, 02:48 PM
Does anyone else think that the LX just plain SUCKS? I have had 4 different mags all with LX and not once has the LX performed like AGD says it should. MIne have always chopped balls and I even had BlackVCG tune one, and it still chopped balls. I am starting to think that the LX is not what AGD claims it is. Anyone else think so too?

ColdFuzion
04-17-2005, 02:54 PM
Mine has had NO chops, and I play every weekend, and have been through 4 tourneys with it. People love watching me put stuff like my finger, chips, napkins, old paint, etc. down the breech and seeing it not tear it apart.

-Cold

Creative Mayhem
04-17-2005, 02:59 PM
I have several mags all with LX. Minimag, Classic RT, Emag, Xmag. I also have a pumpmag and Sydarm, they dont need the LX, but i thought I'd mention it anyway :D

MonsterMag
04-17-2005, 03:03 PM
If the lx is tuned correctly it is the best upgrade you can buy for a mag.
Who needs eyes? I got level 10 :headbang:

rmhawk
04-17-2005, 03:07 PM
Black swore it was tuned correctly. Still chopped. I even sent it to him twice. I tried new barrels and everything, it has never worked correctly. One carrier leaks, then the next one down doesn't. I have no choice but to go with the carrier that doesn't leak. So i use that and it hurts my finger when it hits it and it breaks balls. I'm starting to think that your just lucky if you get a LX that works. All in all, I think I'm just going to move to a new gun company, in two years I have had nothing but problems with my LXs. I don't know what else to do.

Blazestorm
04-17-2005, 03:07 PM
What's LX?

I use break-beam... :D

teufelhunden
04-17-2005, 03:34 PM
Who needs eyes? I got level 10 :headbang:

You still waste a cycle, and hence, time.

Eyes>LX ANY day.

mark_1791
04-17-2005, 03:38 PM
Level 10 is not bad at all. If its perfectly tuned, maybe you have a bad one? I dunno. Didn't you say you have a reloader B? I think its shoving balls past your detents. Also, which finger do you put in the breach? You have to put it up next to where the bolt starts, or else the bolt will kinda smash your finger into the other side of the feedneck. It still doesn't hurt that bad.

WenULiVeUdiE
04-17-2005, 03:39 PM
Maybe you need a new carrier? Or just oil the oring in it?

I'd take eyes over LX too.

fire1811
04-17-2005, 04:13 PM
my lvl x works perfect.

personman
04-17-2005, 04:17 PM
I havent chopped in 3 years.

AGD202
04-17-2005, 04:17 PM
lmao... ur an idiot for sending it to some1 to tune it in the 1st place... out of ALL the LX's i have seen (3 myself and 2 for my bro) i have never seen a LX chop a paintball... take the time to learn what ur doing and tune it RIGHT and ull love it

Will Wood
04-17-2005, 04:22 PM
Are you using 5 year old BE balls? Or are you *personally* sure the LX was tunned correctly?
LX never chopped for me as well.

CKY_Alliance
04-17-2005, 04:25 PM
Ive chopped with my lvlX but i use wire nubbins.Which brings me to my next question. Do you use an SS body with twistlock?If so what nubbin do you use wire or plastic?

Also whats up with spyder claiming to have the "first true anti-chop bolt" ?? i believe AGD was the first or maybe someone before them.Unless im missing somethng here??

Kevmaster
04-17-2005, 04:29 PM
are you going to chop some with LX? yes. Sad, but true.

however, i honestly think you have a bad LX. Ever tried a different one in that mag? I'll swear by LX.

NoForts4Me
04-17-2005, 04:29 PM
lmao... ur an idiot for sending it to some1 to tune it in the 1st place... Well that's constructive :rolleyes: .

I've had mine installed in a Classic for over a year, and have never chopped with it. I don't even carry a squeeqie on the field with my mag. However, I won't say it is a set it and forget it mod. It takes tweaking from time to time, and since I use CO2, it can leak if the gun gets really cold. I've also had to change to a new o-ring once recently and re-tune. It sounds like you've got some other problems or a bad lvl 10 kit.

Duzzy
04-17-2005, 04:31 PM
lmao... ur an idiot for sending it to some1 to tune it in the 1st place... out of ALL the LX's i have seen (3 myself and 2 for my bro) i have never seen a LX chop a paintball... take the time to learn what ur doing and tune it RIGHT and ull love it

How is he an idiot? By having someone with more experience try and fix the problem before he blaims the company over something he might not have been doing right in the first place?

Definitely sounds stupid to me... :rolleyes:

Anyways, it is always possible that you got a bad one. I might even send it in to AGD. Either way a list of what you are using is very helpful so that people can see if anything else could be causing you a problem. What gun, hopper, carrier size, spring size, what type of valve... The whole enchilada.

That being said the only time my LX has chopped was... Well, it hasn't. But it cracked an old paintball and it leaked all over the inside of my gun before I fired again. But that was with the shortest spring (least gentle) because of a 250 fps limit.

ScatterPlot
04-17-2005, 04:33 PM
Yup, LX is definately all that it is hyped to be. I have 2, love both of them and can't play without them. It's not hard to set up, make sure that it is set up correctly yourself. No matter what anyone else says, there could be temperature changes, body differences, whatever. Do it yourself, takes 45 mins tops.

wimag
04-17-2005, 04:35 PM
I havent chopped in 3 years.

ditto

FireITup14
04-17-2005, 04:38 PM
i heaRT LVL 10

Lohman446
04-17-2005, 04:41 PM
I haven't chopped with LX in... well except for that one day, about 8 months. Oh yeh, that was the last time I used LX.

I agree - LX to get it "perfectly soft" you get it finicky - sure it won't break paint but than it may not shoot. I hated it - LX is probably the reason I sold my mags, I should have lived without it and just HALO fed it adn been done with it.

My next mag will have break beam eyes. I compare LX to Cops and Sensi. Perhaps it was better but frankly, if its not eyes it really doesn't have my attention - unless its better than eyes, to me LX was not, and is not.

undescriptive
04-17-2005, 05:25 PM
I don't have a problem with the LvlX...
though I DO have a problem with it being very cold some days and the paint being soooo brittle that the action of the bolt rubbing PAST the next ball in the stack would break that one (it was abour 36F outside though!)

it wasn't just me that was having the problems though, EVERY gun was having barrel breaks and random breech breaks, even if they DID have eyes! :confused:

however, last game, I was regularly outshooting my TSA Backman and the LvlX worked great!

WenULiVeUdiE
04-17-2005, 06:01 PM
What is your velocity? I remember hearing when it gets below 250 the level 10 does work well. But I may be wrong.

spacedtedybear
04-17-2005, 06:18 PM
I haven't chopped a ball since it was first released.

TERRY AGD
04-17-2005, 06:52 PM
if u r haven probs with it,,send it in 2 agd ,,,or u can send it 2 me ..do 2 i work 4 agd as well ,,doin the booth sales and tec ...by the way black is a agd tec ..but let us take a look at it...

Creative Mayhem
04-17-2005, 06:58 PM
if u r haven probs with it,,send it in 2 agd ,,,or u can send it 2 me ..do 2 i work 4 agd as well ,,doin the booth sales and tec ...by the way black is a agd tec ..but let us take a look at it...

Gewd represtin ADG thar..;)

Now try it again in English. :)

onedude36
04-17-2005, 07:02 PM
Do you have any shims in it?

kopfjaeger
04-17-2005, 07:13 PM
I love agd, love my mags, but I have never been able to get level 10 to work. I followed the instructions, but it either leaks when the carrier is too big or won't reset when too small. The only way I can get it to fire reliably is with the stock spring at about 250 fps.

I finally got it to work by buying a new reg piston. It seems that any valve made before level 10 needs a new higher pressure reg piston. (Classic, Retro, EMAG valves) Works like a charm now. :)

paullus99
04-17-2005, 07:14 PM
Had my LvlX for over a year - never chopped a single paintball & I can count the number of total ball breaks I've had on one hand. Just because one person is having a problem does not mean the product is worthless.....

AGDlover
04-17-2005, 07:17 PM
yes LVL10 may be frustraiting but i believe once you have it tuned in perfect it shouldnt fail you

MadPSIence
04-17-2005, 07:21 PM
my LX chopped the 2nd time I used it. I think it's because I out shot my hopper.. maybe. Then again that still means it isn't a true "no chop" bolt because it did excecute a bad chop... and then 3 after wards. Cleaning out a mag after a bad chop is hell.

personman
04-17-2005, 07:30 PM
Cleaning out a mag after a bad chop is hell.
Not really. I had a hyperframed RT that wouldnt stop chopping because it had the old style non parabolic feedplug. I think I chopped like 10 balls, and paint was everywhere. So I dumped it in a bucket of water. (not the frame)

jenarelJAM
04-17-2005, 07:35 PM
"Quote:
Originally Posted by MonsterMag
Who needs eyes? I got level 10

Eyes>LX ANY day."

w/ eyes, you still waste a cycle if the ball isnt in the chamber all the way, and hence, time. LX>Eyes ANY day
b/c LX doesnt require batteries...

Athius
04-17-2005, 07:37 PM
Lvl 10 is good but it screws efficiency.

Lohman446
04-17-2005, 07:40 PM
w/ eyes, you still waste a cycle if the ball isnt in the chamber all the way, and hence, time. LX>Eyes ANY day
b/c LX doesnt require batteries...

:rolleyes:

Which is why you see so many mags at tournaments. Yeh, even those that there are not sponsored players at

AnimalMother
04-17-2005, 08:24 PM
Is your lvlX a foamie? B/c foamie bolts are much less likely to chop than the regulars. I do believe some lvlX's come non-foamie, but I may be wrong.

WARPED1
04-17-2005, 09:09 PM

Eyes>LX ANY day.
Same, I had an Emag and a Micro mag with LX, both guns were still blenders.

atm743
04-17-2005, 09:13 PM
Does anyone else think that the LX just plain SUCKS? I have had 4 different mags all with LX and not once has the LX performed like AGD says it should. MIne have always chopped balls and I even had BlackVCG tune one, and it still chopped balls. I am starting to think that the LX is not what AGD claims it is. Anyone else think so too?

first thing you must be useing sucky paint

also what spring are you useing and what is your fps set at??

small spring is made for 250-260- fps red large spring is made for 260-to 300 fps

jest some common things you should know about level 10

how tight is the spacer and oring

it should be the looses without it cuffing or leaking. if its to tight somtimes the bolt gets stuck and dosent reset and also is harder on paint??

dont use sucky paint

NOTE

i have an e-mag with out the ace eye's with but i have level 10

i was reading about level 10 on airgun and ao and thouse steps i stated above help

i used to pintch and chop all the time but i did because i was shooting 300 fps with the small spring witch is harder on paint.

Evil Bob
04-17-2005, 09:26 PM
Lvl 10 is like a cocker... when its properly tuned, it works flawlessly, when its not, its your worst nightmare.

Quite correct, Lvl 10 can be finiky, it has a small happy zone it likes to operate in, you step outside that zone and you'll either get bolt stick (where it wont fire) or it'll be hitting the ball too hard.

From what you're saying about it hurting your finger and breaking paint, I suspect you're working with a much higher input pressure then what Black set it up for when he tuned it. I highly suggest talking with Black and replicating his tuning settings. If you're using a preset, then you need to send it back to him to tune specifically to that operating pressure.

-Evil Bob

BobDoleIsMyHero
04-17-2005, 10:55 PM
Eyes are great and what not but some people want their mag to be all mech and ss bodies can't use eyes either. LvlX is anti chop without batteries. Currently I use an e-mag with ss body and after 20k paintballs I have had no chops with lvlX. I even tested it on 4 year old paint(don't ask) holding the paint half way in the breech using tape and could not get a chop even when the mag was set at 300fps. BTW I use the old wire nubbins :)

Lohman446
04-17-2005, 10:57 PM
So... no batteries is better than batteries? If you say yes.. have one other question.

I assume you use a q-loader? Or gravity feed?

Alpha
04-17-2005, 11:00 PM
What? Put as many shims in as you can fit without it leaking.

Cleaning a mag is so easy. Usually one swab of my squeegie and a few dry fires on teh field is all I need to get going again after a break (I use DO NOT CIRCUMVENT THE CURSE FILTER field paint a lot. Is not even round.. lol) Cleaning off the field is as easy as removing the valve adn running a squeegie through it.

BobDoleIsMyHero
04-17-2005, 11:05 PM
I think you took me wrong. Some people want their marker to be all mech. I did not say that I do. As I said I use an E-MAG (large flippin battery included). I did not say that all mech is better but the lvlX caters to those who don't or can't use eyes. AGD made anti chop available to all mag users and that was my point. :cheers:

bound for glory
04-17-2005, 11:09 PM
i shoot emag#169 with a ule warp setup. while i must say i have'nt chopped paint in quite some time(4-5 cases ago), i'd rather have eyes. one of the reasons i want to get my emag converted to a devilmag. if only ga. devil will email me back :rolleyes:

ShadowNife
04-17-2005, 11:09 PM
I assume you use a q-loader? Or gravity feed?

Q-loader + lvl 10 bolt = kickass setup. especially after you have luke convert your powerfeed into a warpfeed and make the whole body all shiny haha

Q-Loader :headbang:

JRingold
04-18-2005, 12:05 AM

Wow, you're not getting much along the lines of constructive assistance here... Hmm, If you put a squeegie in the barrel, hold it and fire, does it reset like it should? Is it light on your finger if/when you do the "finger test"? The paint is fresh and not egg-shaped? I put some old eggs through my classic with the level 10 today, with a barrel that was too small, it wasn't able to push the paintball through the barrel.

boggerman
04-18-2005, 12:16 AM
Lvl 10 is like a cocker... when its properly tuned, it works flawlessly, when its not, its your worst nightmare.

Quite correct, Lvl 10 can be finiky, it has a small happy zone it likes to operate in, you step outside that zone and you'll either get bolt stick (where it wont fire) or it'll be hitting the ball too hard.

From what you're saying about it hurting your finger and breaking paint, I suspect you're working with a much higher input pressure then what Black set it up for when he tuned it. I highly suggest talking with Black and replicating his tuning settings. If you're using a preset, then you need to send it back to him to tune specifically to that operating pressure.

-Evil Bob

I agree, I have been running lx in my mags since the first round of beta testing, first in my minimag with NO chops, and later in my emag (same lx kit). I must admit that it is more finiky in a faster marker, you must find the balance between speed and anti-chop. I have my emag set for speed and just deal with the occasional breakage, which is still very rare. My mini was slow enough that it never became an issue. So my advise is to have someone tune it for your exact setup, or better yet, learn to do it yourself so you can give it the occasional tweak when needed.

shartley
04-18-2005, 05:36 AM
The LX is the perfect product. If it works, it gets the credit. If it does not, the owner gets the blame…. No matter how many experienced people try to tune it.

My LX? It works flawlessly. It rests on top of some papers in my office. My RT Pro never had a problem with chopping, so I never got around to putting in the LX which was graciously given to me by Tunaman. I may put it in at some point, but I mostly use it for reference now.

Automaggot68
04-18-2005, 09:29 AM

And you're an idiot because you have horrible grammar and english skills.

Ole Unka Phil
04-18-2005, 09:31 AM
my tendency here is to say if Black worked on it twice and says its fine... it is. I would trust him to know better than almost anyone.

And your chopping problem is elsewhere. If the level 10 is resetting and your using the middle spring your problem is not with the level 10. There are all sorts of things, and only some of which, you have mentioned.

There are burs on the bolt, burs in the body, Missaligned power tubes, bad or missing detentes, feed problems and breaks down the barrel rather than chop. Not all broken balls in the barrel are chopped. A more carefull examination of your entire set up is in order to diagnose the situation. But overall it can be fixed.

Automaggot68
04-18-2005, 09:31 AM
The LX is the perfect product. If it works, it gets the credit. If it does not, the owner gets the blame…. No matter how many experienced people try to tune it.

My LX? It works flawlessly. It rests on top of some papers in my office. My RT Pro never had a problem with chopping, so I never got around to putting in the LX which was graciously given to me by Tunaman. I may put it in at some point, but I mostly use it for reference now.

Shartley here is Correct.
When I got my frist Lvl X, I had nothing but problems. When I learned to use it properly it worked.....PROPERLY.

When I upgraded to a Halo B, then eventually a ReLoader B, I experimented with only using the lvl7 bolt, and it worked fine for me. My Loader kept up with my moderate rater of fire.

If I didn't have anything faster then a 12volt, I'd be all over Lvl X.
Good luck with your Lvl X problems

Lohman446
04-18-2005, 09:33 AM
When I got my frist Lvl X, I had nothing but problems. When I learned to use it properly it worked.....PROPERLY.

I don't think that is what he is saying..

Scenario A) My LX works great
AO response: yeh, great product

Scenario B) My LX chops
AO response: your on idiot and don't know how to install it etc. etc. its not AGD or LX fault.. its all yours... etc.

Ole Unka Phil
04-18-2005, 09:34 AM
And you're an idiot because you have horrible grammar and english skills.

No... your the idiot because you judge people based on what they type on an internet forum.

Duzzy
04-18-2005, 09:44 AM
No... your the idiot because you judge people based on what they type on an internet forum.

I think someone caught their foot in their own trap... :rolleyes:

But I still say that more information would be wonderful to help assess the problem.

Timmee
04-18-2005, 09:53 AM
Q-loader + lvl 10 bolt = kickass setup.

Q-Loader :headbang:

QFT!

Jeffy-CanCon
04-18-2005, 10:00 AM

When I upgraded to a Halo B, then eventually a ReLoader B, I experimented with only using the lvl7 bolt, and it worked fine for me. My Loader kept up with my moderate rater of fire.

If I didn't have anything faster then a 12volt, I'd be all over Lvl X.
Good luck with your Lvl X problems

My story is the reverse. I never chopped a ball with L7 until I started using my HALO B. When I installed (OK, my friend Andrew installed) my L10, the chopping stopped.

Lohman446
04-18-2005, 10:20 AM
My story is the reverse. I never chopped a ball with L7 until I started using my HALO B. When I installed (OK, my friend Andrew installed) my L10, the chopping stopped.

I expect you found the inherent issues from force feeding and pushing past detents/cracking balls in breech. My Halo was very finicky and I ended up drilling a hole in it so I can lube the belt regularly to allow it to slip a bit easier. This solved a lot of my HALO related issues.

Automaggot68
04-18-2005, 10:58 AM

<3 :)
Always there defending the....Oh...wait.

yakitori
04-18-2005, 10:59 AM
LX is not "chop proof". But thin, brittle shell paint can still cause it to chop. Ive had it happen more w/ my emag than my mech mag. My mech mag practically never chops, and I dont sweetspot it either.

Its more reliable when fine tuned.

And breakbeam eyes > LX any day of the week..year...century. Anyone that disagrees is a tard, noob, or just never have used break beams before.

LX is an upgrade that REDUCES efficiency. Eyes do not. LX also decreases cycle speed slightly. The eyes dont need batteries the gun does. So does your loader. So does an emag, xmag, or homemade emags. Eyes are more reliable than LX, if clean, and properly used. Less time is lost w/ eyes waiting for a ball, than w/ chuffing, resetting, then shooting again.

LX does what it is supposed to do most of the time, but can still chop....more frequently w electric mags.

For what its worth LX is better than L7. It GREATLY reduces chopping.

Blazestorm
04-18-2005, 11:15 AM

You're an idiot for calling someone an idiot for juding people based on what they type on an internet forum.

that's right. I went there.

Lohman446
04-18-2005, 12:04 PM
You're an idiot for calling someone an idiot for juding people based on what they type on an internet forum.

Couldn't resist :D

And your an idiot for calling someone an idiot, for calling someone an idiot, for judging people based on what they type on an internet forum :confused:

We could go on a long time like this :D :cheers:

athomas
04-18-2005, 12:05 PM
I have two guns, a retro mag and an emag, with original level 10 beta test bolts that I have shot probably 60 cases of paint through. I have probably chopped a total of 3 balls in all that time. I gave up carrying a squeegie. The balls that I did chop were found to be of questionable quality. I just got an Angel with eyes. I have only used it once and have already chopped a ball, even with the breakbeam eyes.

I agree that I like eyes as it does make the gun cycle at its fullest potential.

I like the level 10 because I never have to worry about a chop ever. It was very easy to setup too. Too many people try to overtweak their setup and it causes problems.

Flow_Tech
04-18-2005, 12:09 PM
What's LX?

I use break-beam... :D
word.

Automaggot68
04-18-2005, 12:10 PM
Couldn't resist :D

And your an idiot for calling someone an idiot, for calling someone an idiot, for judging people based on what they type on an internet forum :confused:

We could go on a long time like this :D :cheers:

<3

It was too bad, for me to call someone an idiot, because that person called someone ELSE an idiot, because the original poster Sent his marker off to be tuned.

I didn't judge anyone. You're ALL idiots.

Automaggot68
04-18-2005, 12:11 PM
Back on topic, Do you think people rely on Lvl too much?
One of those things where regardless of it's use, worth, or how well it works (or doesn't) It'll always be defended?

NoForts4Me
04-18-2005, 12:34 PM
One of those things where regardless of it's use, worth, or how well it works (or doesn't) It'll always be defended? I'm not sure what you mean by people relying on it too much, but those who get it to work are going to love it and defend it, and those who don't are going to hate it and bash it. It's the same with any product.

And comparing lvl 10 to eyes is pointless IF you are talking about an all mech marker...you can't put eyes on a mech, so the lvl 10, or JAM bolt, or whatever is the best you will get for these systems. Now with an electro, that's a different argument, but I've never owned an electronic marker, so I can't go there.

Lohman446
04-18-2005, 12:36 PM
One of those things where regardless of it's use, worth, or how well it works (or doesn't) It'll always be defended?

Ohh... watch this. I think that LX is one of the most over hyped products in paintball today (top ten type). So.. where did I put that flame resistance suit....

My opinion. Does it work? Sometimes. Can anything work like the LX rumor that circulates with part of AO with 100% perfection? No....

kramer
04-18-2005, 12:44 PM
Ohh... watch this. I think that LX is one of the most over hyped products in paintball today (top ten type). So.. where did I put that flame resistance suit....

My opinion. Does it work? Sometimes. Can anything work like the LX rumor that circulates with part of AO with 100% perfection? No....

excellent point - I gave up on AGD since its such a pain to get the lvl 10 'dialed' - love that all AGD cultists just blindly assert that lvl 10 is awesome, and blame any disfunction on 'user error'.

lvl 10 is a pain, and very overhyped.

Ill take eyes any day.

TheTramp
04-18-2005, 01:43 PM
excellent point - I gave up on AGD since its such a pain to get the lvl 10 'dialed' - love that all AGD cultists just blindly assert that lvl 10 is awesome, and blame any disfunction on 'user error'.

lvl 10 is a pain, and very overhyped.

Ill take eyes any day.

I don't understand why so many people compair the L10 to eyes. It was designed with mechanical guns in mind.

I agree that given the choise between eyes and the L10 (some version of it) in My Timmy or even my E-Mag I'd go for BB eyes but that's not an option for the many thousands of mechanical Mags out there that frequently chopped.

I put one of the Beta L10's into my old Retro Mag and it worked so well with NO "tuning" other than having to change the carrier once after the o-ring wore in that I simply swaped out the valves when I got my Emag.

You show me any other $75 product that will stop most chops in a mechanical gun at high ROF with a 12V Revy and I guess I'll say the L10 is "very overhyped." Even the JAM bolt isn't as effective.

Lohman446
04-18-2005, 01:47 PM
I guess we need to define hype

Some people act like LX is the greatest thing to ever happen to paintball... that to me is hype.

Spacemanvic
04-18-2005, 01:50 PM
Like the ION? Hype?

Lohman446
04-18-2005, 01:52 PM
Like the ION? Hype?

Theres a lot of hype around the Ion too.. theres a lot of hype around LX

Is some of what is said about them both true? Sure there are pros to both of them. Is it all true? Not a chance.

TheTramp
04-18-2005, 02:11 PM
I guess we need to define hype

Some people act like LX is the greatest thing to ever happen to paintball... that to me is hype.

Well, it sure seemed like it was the greatest thing that ever happened to the Automag line.

Lohman446
04-18-2005, 02:29 PM
Well, it sure seemed like it was the greatest thing that ever happened to the Automag line.

I disagree... I never had one of those mythical chop nothing LX setups either... and trying to get it just caused me headaches. But, perhaps if I had had a "great" one I would feel the same you did.

paullus99
04-18-2005, 02:37 PM
Compared to the issues some people had with the Lvl7 - and the Mag didn't get the rep as a blender for nothing.....the Level10 was the best thing to happen to Mech Mags. True, there can be some issues with setup & not every bolt is going to be 100% (although as much as we would like them to be).

I can only go by my personal experience - not a single chop in a year & broken paintballs that I can count on one hand....now that's an improvment I can stand behind.

shartley
04-18-2005, 02:46 PM
I don't think that is what he is saying..

Scenario A) My LX works great
AO response: yeh, great product

Scenario B) My LX chops
AO response: your on idiot and don't know how to install it etc. etc. its not AGD or LX fault.. its all yours... etc.
Correct.

TheTramp
04-18-2005, 03:34 PM
I disagree... I never had one of those mythical chop nothing LX setups either... and trying to get it just caused me headaches. But, perhaps if I had had a "great" one I would feel the same you did.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that I NEVER chop but it's very rare. I've yet to see a gun that NEVER chops though.

Lohman446
04-18-2005, 03:36 PM
:D
Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that I NEVER chop but it's very rare. I've yet to see a gun that NEVER chops though.

I understand... my LX's (multiples) have been nothing but problems and have stopped about half the chops... though they are soft on my finger :D

ApexAZ
04-18-2005, 04:41 PM
I installed a LX in mine and haven't chopped a single ball. I've had 1 barrel break in over 10,000 rounds with old crappy paint.

I don't even know how to tune it. Can someone point me in the right direction of where to tune it? Although it's not broken and I don't plan to fix it, but I'm curious.

Ole Unka Phil
04-18-2005, 09:26 PM

LOL.... ok now I am confused.... I must be an idiot because I come here! :p :D

Army
04-18-2005, 09:38 PM
If you are going to send it to anyone, be sure to send your ENTIRE set-up, loader and all.

It sounds more like your loader is pushing past the detent. I can't imagine 4 in a row of ANYTHING all being bad.

If any of you at the Nor-So-Cal AO day recall my Golden Gun I used on Saturday. That gun was built on Thursday, with the LX being tuned in less than 5 minutes at the field. The first paint shot out of it was over the chrono....

...not one chop or barrel break in a case all day.

My un-used-for-a-year Chord-Z was literally taken out of the box, shot over the chrono, found a leak, removed a shim from the LX, and kept on trucking all day Sunday with ZERO chops or barrel breaks.

Yes, LX works as advertised....and hyped. NO level 10 I have ever installed has failed to deliver its promise.

I will bet you have seperate feeding problems, that do not involve your LX.