PDA

View Full Version : New to electros B2K problem...

bubbleman441
04-17-2005, 06:19 PM
Yeah I just bought a new B2K from a kid in our school for $115! For another $50 I bought his air tank and an Egg 2. It was a great deal and the marker was only used twice! I am new to electro markers so the whole walking the trigger thing is really fun for me... I can get like 15bps easy:D The problem is when I put paint in the marker to test it out in my yard, it would chop whenever I start to walk it semi fast (Im talking like 12 BPSish..not too fast)! Sometimes the bolt gets stuck forward and then I pull the trigger again and it chops the next one. I must have chopped 4 times after cleaning it each time! This is kinda getting annoying because I want to use it next time I play speedball but Im worried it will just be a paint blender unlike my trusty LX RT mag :cool: I dont need to fire much faster than 13bps but I cant even do that with all this chopping. Does anyone know if this is normal or if there is a known chopping issue with stock Bushmasters? Anything to fix this without spending $$$ for PDS? New bolt or what?

can'tthink of1
04-17-2005, 06:22 PM
What hopper are you using? Also its nice to have a chrono.

peewee
04-17-2005, 06:25 PM
First off check the bolt to breech match. If you see a fair amount of light all the way around the bolt when its all the way in the breech you have blowback. Its very common with ICD markers. I recommend a vapor bolt or some other bolt that has O-rings on it. This may also fix your bolt stick problem. They may have got regular lube on the delrin also causing the bolt to swell. You might want to contact ICD & have them go thru the marker ( complete cleaning replace internal seals etc).

Lee
04-17-2005, 08:08 PM
try www.icd-owners.com

Mr. BoBo
04-18-2005, 12:06 AM
Sometimes the bolt gets stuck forward and then I pull the trigger again and it chops the next one. I must have chopped 4 times after cleaning it each time!

In mine this was caused by shell fragments getting stuck.

I had the same problem on a B2K I had, I removed the detent, cleaned it and replaced it and it was all good.

If you have the cocker style detent and the ball bearing sticks, it rips the paint up as it's leaving the breech. This looks like a chop and the paint all over the breech will cause chop galore.

bubbleman441
04-18-2005, 02:14 AM
First off check the bolt to breech match. If you see a fair amount of light all the way around the bolt when its all the way in the breech you have blowback. Its very common with ICD markers. I recommend a vapor bolt or some other bolt that has O-rings on it. This may also fix your bolt stick problem. They may have got regular lube on the delrin also causing the bolt to swell. You might want to contact ICD & have them go thru the marker ( complete cleaning replace internal seals etc).

Ok I checked to see if light could be seen between the bolt and body and I see NO light showing through. Right now there is a teflon oil on the bolt. ICD says to use teflon based oil too.

bubbleman441
04-18-2005, 02:16 AM
In mine this was caused by shell fragments getting stuck.

I had the same problem on a B2K I had, I removed the detent, cleaned it and replaced it and it was all good.

If you have the cocker style detent and the ball bearing sticks, it rips the paint up as it's leaving the breech. This looks like a chop and the paint all over the breech will cause chop galore.

OK I dont know what style detent the b2k I have has but I do know it is not a ball bearing kind.... It has two detents with an o-ring type thing inside each. Is this what's really doing the breaking of balls u think?

Timmee
04-18-2005, 09:55 AM
Yeah I just bought a new B2K from a kid in our school for $115! For another $50 I bought his air tank and an Egg 2. It was a great deal and the marker was only used twice! I am new to electro markers so the whole walking the trigger thing is really fun for me... I can get like 15bps easy:D The problem is when I put paint in the marker to test it out in my yard, it would chop whenever I start to walk it semi fast (Im talking like 12 BPSish..not too fast)! Sometimes the bolt gets stuck forward and then I pull the trigger again and it chops the next one. I must have chopped 4 times after cleaning it each time! This is kinda getting annoying because I want to use it next time I play speedball but Im worried it will just be a paint blender unlike my trusty LX RT mag :cool: I dont need to fire much faster than 13bps but I cant even do that with all this chopping. Does anyone know if this is normal or if there is a known chopping issue with stock Bushmasters? Anything to fix this without spending $$$ for PDS? New bolt or what?

The only time I've had to clean my BM2K of paint is when I accidentally pull the trigger with the barrel bag on, or when I get caught out of my bunker for too long during a game. :(

WenULiVeUdiE
04-18-2005, 09:59 AM
Did you turn on PDS? If so, check your battery.

bubbleman441
04-18-2005, 11:19 AM
I dont have PDS nor do I want to spend extra $ to buy it I really think I have a problem. I am also using and Egg 2.

trevorjk
04-18-2005, 02:46 PM
think of it this way, a fairly fast electro WITH OUT PDS is like a mag with out LX