PDA

View Full Version : Damn drunk guy messed up my E-MAG!!!!

germanman
04-17-2005, 09:05 PM
Ok, No, i didnt loan it to anybody who was drunk... it was the guy that put my gun together. Ok, this is the fifth time playing with the E-Tac. I was shooting today and i realized that the mainbody was loose. So, I get home and take the mainbody off for the FIRST TIME! The damn threads are stripped clean!!! My guess is the assembly man had his head up his but and cross threaded it. Then after shooting the thing over 10000 shots jarred it out of place. Now i have to see if AGD will repair or replace a fing Tac_One mainbody, or if ill have to but it new. Damnit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

personman
04-17-2005, 09:12 PM
How'd a drunk guy get a hold of your gun?

Was it the tech? He told you that he was drunk when fixing your gun?

"Here's your gun back. Oh, and I was a little drunk last night so if anything is f'd up, sorry."

magman007
04-17-2005, 09:31 PM
well, if you are implicating that agd sold it to you like this, and they assembled it, i think you better eat your words, agd doesnt make mistakes that bad. now the question is, how old is the body? it might be under a 90 day warrenty or something, but it probabally isnt. its part of the responsibility you accept when buying an aluminum body.

Bad_Dog
04-17-2005, 09:40 PM
and believe it or not... if indeed the stripped threads were fault of AGD, implying that a "drunk" "messed up my E-MAG" probably wont get you much sympathy :rolleyes:

just my $.02

master_alexander
04-17-2005, 09:47 PM
is it bad enough that you can't re-tap it?

and if i have the right size tap i will do it for the cost of shipping (and see how it will look on my gun ;D )

Alpha
04-17-2005, 09:50 PM
Well its bad enough that he messed up an AGD product.. Imagine if it was an RPG product?

MonsterMag
04-17-2005, 09:51 PM
if agd did it , send it to them , if someone else did then send it to tunamn. He fixeed my threads :)

germanman
04-18-2005, 07:15 PM
Well, when i say drunk, i mean he was pretty stupid when he did it. I would say it was my fault, but I HAVE NOT taken the mainbody off til yesterday when it fell off. It came from the factory like that. And if tunaman can fix it, i wanted him to do some other work anywho. One more thing, when you retap something you have to increase the screw size. Wouldn't that be a problem?

germanman
04-18-2005, 07:21 PM
Oh and BTW. I still love AGD. I havent heard a bad thing bout them from anyone else, and Just because 1 guy from the company messed something up, Im not holding it against the rest of the company. Sorry if my words were a bit harsh...

BeaverEater
04-18-2005, 07:28 PM
You will need a bigger screw if you plan on retapping it.

mobius
04-18-2005, 11:35 PM
If you bought it direct from AGD, call or email them, and they should take care of you. If you bought it from some other company (Rogue, Fragtek, etc) you might try to contact them first.