PDA

View Full Version : Profiler vs. lower-end V-Forces

afultz075
04-18-2005, 03:55 PM
So i've been thinking of buring a new mask. I've been drawn to the V-Forces since I like their lens system, field of vision, and the fact that people rave over how they never fog. I really like the Profilers, but they're nearly twice as much as V-Forces other goggles. The Shield and Vantage Pro look nice too. Is the Profiler really $40 better than the other goggles? Anyone with experience with the Shield and Vantage Pro?

Adrenaline_Junkie
04-18-2005, 04:08 PM
Yes, they are worth the extra cash. If ya look around you can get them cheaper than what ya think.

frop
04-18-2005, 04:20 PM
I don't know about the Shield & Morph, but I love my profiler.

warpspyder
04-18-2005, 04:34 PM
I have a friend who has a shield, and myself had an armor. My friend is still cursing himself for buying the shield. It has like bug-eyes, and this weird throat thing that just gets in the way. Do yourself a favor and get the profiler. Or you could go with the invision if you weren't so drawn to Vforce. Invision or profiler is probably the way to go. Reach deep. Money spent now means your not doing this --> :cry: later.

cdacda13
04-18-2005, 04:53 PM
Theres also the vantge. "The sister of the proflier" It looks good.
I own a Shield and it never fogs, feels pretty good

Lohman446
04-18-2005, 05:18 PM
Just a note: the harder masks protect better - I have actually had my profilers flex in when taking multiple hits, resulting in physical contact to my face from the paintball.

temilotzin
04-18-2005, 05:46 PM
First I want to say I love my Profiler. That being said other than the looks it performs the same as the Morph and shield. The V-force lens system is the best out there hands down, but given the right (or wrong) conditions, it like all other goggles will fog. I have a friend with the Morph and one who has a Shield and they both swear by them so pick the style you like in the price range you can afford and you can’t go wrong.

behemoth
04-18-2005, 05:51 PM

Ditto, Its amazing, goggle hits.. Break out the lense, and get that thing spic n span

RRfireblade
04-18-2005, 05:58 PM
Go either Shield or Profiler, both use the same lens.

DO NOT get the Vantage, it costs more than the shield and it uses the same limited view lens as the Armors and the like.I don't know WTF V-Force was think on that one.

And for the Record, I have like 3 Profilers and they are my favorite masks over any other.

FallNAngel
04-18-2005, 07:30 PM

I agree

Ditto, Its amazing, goggle hits.. Break out the lense, and get that thing spic n span

I wouldn't use spic n span... not good for the lenses from what I hear. :headbang:

doc_Zox
04-18-2005, 07:31 PM
I have had semi close range balls bounce off the Profiler that would have broken on my firmer shield mask. The proflier and the morph have thicker more comfortable foam.

ShadowNife
04-18-2005, 07:43 PM
hey don't bash the vantage :nono:

haha i own a vantage, its not bad actually but i definitely of course will agree that the profiler is better. Ok the downfalls of the vantage: heavier, less field of view. It's better in that it covers more of your jaw and the side part gives more bounce than the profiler in that its softer and more bendable. I bought this mask right when it came out and when the morph was still $64 on pbgear.com. Now that its dropped to the same price, definitely get the morph. However, I would still personally get the vantage over the shield just cuz it looks much cooler haha.

BeaverEater
04-18-2005, 08:41 PM
I would pick a profiler over most goggles out there, and yes even the invision :D

matmc89
04-18-2005, 08:45 PM
Profiler>pro-flex>invision>others

riooso
04-18-2005, 09:01 PM
Profiler is a great mask. It will fog on you if the humidity is up. I have a JT Spectra for backup. The Profiler is the most comfortable goggle going.

RioOso

tony3
04-18-2005, 09:09 PM
Mask that is good that no one consideres in the proto switch. I have been trying one out and will be getting mine in a few weeks. Lense is easy to take out, has great protection and is very comfortable.

hobbesTZ
04-18-2005, 09:15 PM
I love my Morph very much.

jdev
04-18-2005, 09:25 PM
I have been using a morph for years now. I cannot justify spending the money on a profiler. the lens on the morph is the same as the profiler, and from what I have seen, the field of vision is the same. I would say head down to your local field, and see if someone has either, and try them out.

RRfireblade
04-18-2005, 09:31 PM
I have been using a morph for years now. I cannot justify spending the money on a profiler. the lens on the morph is the same as the profiler, and from what I have seen, the field of vision is the same. I would say head down to your local field, and see if someone has either, and try them out.

Funny.....a little. When did you get your Morph? When they were ~$70 like Profilers are now? :)

Just kidding if you got your recently for ~$40. Just sounded funny when I read it fast.

afultz075
04-18-2005, 09:31 PM
I love my Morph very much.
The only thing that I don't like about the Morph is the part under the eyes that seems to jut way out. Is that noticeable at all when you have the goggles on?

NoForts4Me
04-18-2005, 09:37 PM
Been using a Shield for almost two years now...love it. I did take the "weird throat thing" off though. Great field of vision.

hobbesTZ
04-18-2005, 09:53 PM
I used to have a shield and I hated it. I bought the Morph and haven't fogged since. I took the throat protector off the shield and put it on the Morph. There's not a thing wierd about it, it's actually very functional.

barrel break
04-18-2005, 10:28 PM
I love my sheild, a little anti fog spray, take off the neck thing, and you have a great mask. And for like $25 too!

jenarelJAM
04-18-2005, 10:39 PM
i have been using the v-force shield or armor or whatever its called(the $25 one) for around two years. It is an AWESOME mask. The foam isn't the traditional soft foam, its a harder, slicker foam, but it feels great. for $25, it IMO is the best mask you can buy. or it was, up until recently. a month ago, I bought a Profiler and hehe, now IMO THIS is the best mask you can buy. if you're worried about price, go with the $25 one, you wont regret it. the biggest downside to it is that it isnt soft at all(ball bounces) and it "looks" like a cheap mask. If you've got the extra money though, i would reccommend the profiler for all the reasons mentioned above. Smells funny the first time out, but after a few banana-scented paintballs hit it... well, you get the picture.

_tMAN
04-18-2005, 10:45 PM
I have a Shiels also. Personally I love the throat thing, it has saved my adam's apple a hell of a lot of un necessary pain. For the price, it was good at the time. But I'd go for the profiler now.

rkjunior303
04-18-2005, 11:06 PM
I swore by m Flex7 for years until I picked up a Profiler a few months ago. I'll never go back.

Best mask on the planet.

afultz075
04-19-2005, 06:01 AM
Alright, i'm now torn between the Profiler and Morph. Is there any phenomonal difference between the two (I know they use the same lenses)?

GT
04-19-2005, 07:00 AM
Funny thing is that a profiler is the same mask as the older BE's. I loved the BE's and bought a profiler, great mask.

athomas
04-19-2005, 08:51 AM
The profiler is a great mask. I love mine.

I have a morph as well. I liked it so well, it prompted me to buy the Profiler when it came out. The one beef I had with the Morph was the nose piece. It interfered with your wide angle stereo vision. It wasn't noticable until you needed to judge distance to the lower right or left. Not a big problem, but enough to justify the Profiler in my opinion.

TheTramp
04-19-2005, 09:05 AM
You can still find INB Morphs and personaly, while I like the Profiler I don't think it's worth the extra $ while you can still get new Morphs.

MedicDVG
04-19-2005, 09:17 AM
I have the morph and the profiler. Both are very good masks and I very much like the ease of lens removal and replacement. Very comfortable too over glasses as well.

afultz075
04-19-2005, 03:31 PM
Well guys, I decided to splurge and bought a black Profiler on sale at actionvillage. I can't wait to get it!

warpspyder
04-19-2005, 03:43 PM
Probably a good call. I still like my Invision though..... :clap:

MonsterMag
04-19-2005, 03:49 PM
profilers are the best masks , hand down . I bought one at a field I traveld to and I love it. So comfy and never fogs .

Just beware no paper toewls , only a very very soft cloth to clean

afultz075
04-19-2005, 04:19 PM
Yep, I usually use an old hand towel to clen my masks.