PDA

View Full Version : Marker showing signs of age...

aNtHrAx323
04-19-2005, 11:43 AM
I haven't posted in a while (been out of the paintball loop for almost 2 years because of school and work), but I just went and played and noticed something weird about my ReTro valve... I seem to be shortstroking it whenever I start trying to rip on it. I'm using a Z-grip, but I'm not sure if this is contributing to the problem. My tank has a fixed 850 psi reg, so the input pressure should be plenty for the reactive trigger... Think I need a new on/off valve? I'm tempted to just sell off my ReTro and buy an X-valve so I can get the level 10 bolt and have the option for the ULT mod (currently using an older AGD Longnose bolt, but I don't chop paint so I'm not complaining... except when I friggin shortstroke the SOB). Let me know your thoughts. I'd like to get an X-valve anyway just to bring the weight down a bit. Thanks in advance.

Chronobreak
04-19-2005, 05:46 PM
get the x-valve

you probly need to swap or change an or-ing somehwer in the on/off

athomas
04-21-2005, 06:19 PM
Clean the regulator valve pin assembly. It can get gummed up and cause sticking if left sitting for long periods of time. A good cleaning and o-ring replacement would probably do the gun good.