PDA

View Full Version : PTP/Brass Eagle Air-assisted trigger release date?

AnimalMother
04-19-2005, 12:44 PM
Does anyone know when PTP/Brass Eagle is supposed to release their new air-assisted trigger? (aka the legal replacement of the DeadlyWind hAir trigger)

warbeak2099
04-19-2005, 01:05 PM
There is no official date. Jay has said that it MAY be available for pre-order by mid to late summer. That's a big MAYBE.

Chronobreak
04-19-2005, 03:54 PM
ide say expect around aug.

nothing official yet

RRfireblade
04-19-2005, 05:48 PM
Does anyone know when PTP/Brass Eagle is supposed to release their new air-assisted trigger? (aka the legal replacement of the DeadlyWind hAir trigger)

No. :)

ApexAZ
04-19-2005, 05:52 PM
I don't care about the brass eagle version. I want the mag one=(

Codekevin0403
04-19-2005, 05:58 PM
is it exactly the same as the deadlywind hair trigger? Why didn't deadlywind and brass eagle work together for this?

mark_1791
04-19-2005, 06:33 PM
The Deadlywind hAir trigger was the Deadlywind pneumatic trigger frame. PTP stopped DW's hAir trigger from being released because they had it patented.

cledford
04-19-2005, 08:10 PM
BRASSEAGLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!???????????? ???????

Oh boy....

-Calvin

Kevmaster
04-19-2005, 09:03 PM

Oh boy....

-Calvin

Thanks...love you too

mark_1791
04-20-2005, 12:07 AM
I don't believe there is any connection at all to Brass Eagle...I hope

Edit: haha Kev...your company gets made fun of a lot.

Kevmaster
04-20-2005, 12:34 AM

I'm aware of that...and just like giving calvin ****

thecavemankevin
04-20-2005, 09:41 AM
wow, brass eagle having their hand in this is news to me. bad news that is ;)

so what guns is the BE version going to be for?

RRfireblade
04-20-2005, 10:44 AM
"Technically" it will be View Loader (I know, I know) putting it on some of thier guns. I'm not sure if any BE branded guns will see it, at least for a while.The first will be the VL Maxis, which I just handed off the prototypes to BE for in the last few weeks.

MicroMiniMe
04-20-2005, 01:35 PM

So will it be like the Rev shells?

Throw your Pneu frame at the wall, if it breaks, BE made it, if not, Jay made that one?
/ducks
:nono:
/I keed I keed

NoForts4Me
04-20-2005, 02:45 PM
Well, in fairness to BE, the Revy Shell deal was fixed a while ago. I guess it's like the 'mag, once you get a reputation...

I bet most of you don't have problems throwing on JT goggles, though. You put a lot of faith in a company by wearing their goggles. We'll just have to wait and see on the Pneu framed markers...they may turn out a killer marker, who knows.

AnimalMother
04-20-2005, 09:53 PM

Sorry to put a damper on your day, but here's the proof....
http://www.paintballstar.com/pn/index.php

I believe it's the fifth article down.

AnimalMother
04-20-2005, 09:54 PM
Also in the previous PBstar website is an article od DYE paintball suing SmartParts. About ****** time somebody's doing it. :cheers: :headbang:

RRfireblade
04-20-2005, 09:55 PM
B.E won't have anything to do with the Mag frame.

AnimalMother
04-20-2005, 09:57 PM
Eh, what Mag frame? Is that different from the PTP one? How fast can it allow you to shoot?

RRfireblade
04-20-2005, 09:59 PM
:ninja:

Dude...

You really got to look around here a little bit. :)

mark_1791
04-20-2005, 10:11 PM
We're talking about this mag frame:
http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=168705

mark_1791
04-20-2005, 10:14 PM
Another thread of the PneuMag
http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=170754

AnimalMother
04-20-2005, 10:20 PM
:ninja:

Dude...

You really got to look around here a little bit. :)

Sorry man, I've only been a member of the forum for like, 2 weeks, and it's hard to view all 36,000 different threads during that time :D.

RRfireblade
04-21-2005, 07:31 AM
Sorry man, I've only been a member of the forum for like, 2 weeks, and it's hard to view all 36,000 different threads during that time :D.

That's ok. I'm just bustin' chops. You can imagine what it may be like to have to answer the same questions like a bijjilion times. ;) Fortunately there are a ton of helpfull people around here that don't mind picking up the slack. :) Thanks to them. :hail:

cledford
04-21-2005, 07:36 AM
I'm aware of that...and just like giving calvin ****

Sorry Kev- - don't worry about the chops bustin.

-Calvin

BigEvil
04-21-2005, 07:45 AM
B.E won't have anything to do with the Mag frame.

Thats the best news ive heard in this forum in a long time.

Kevmaster
04-21-2005, 09:09 AM
Sorry Kev- - don't worry about the chops bustin.

-Calvin

it was all in good fun..i think...

AnimalMother
04-21-2005, 03:32 PM
I hate Brass Eagle as much as the next man, but PTP's a good company, believe me. Maybe we should just wait and see how this product does.

jewie27
05-02-2005, 01:19 PM

Oh boy....

-Calvin

Brass Eagle owns JT and WGP, lol......

K2 owns them all.

kurama
05-02-2005, 05:09 PM
VL is only making the Spyder version of the frame. WGP is making the Cocker version. PTP is making the Mag version. I don't see how people are worked up about VL making the spyder one, but don't care about wgp making the cocker one. They're both owner by K2..

Also, didn't DW stop making the hAir trigger for other reasons, such as a lack of funding, so then PTP made theirs? I remember a thread on PBN about killing the rumors on this a while back.

Anyways, this is old news and has been posted a zillion times by now.

JoshK
05-02-2005, 06:06 PM
VL is only making the Spyder version of the frame. WGP is making the Cocker version. PTP is making the Mag version. I don't see how people are worked up about VL making the spyder one, but don't care about wgp making the cocker one. They're both owner by K2..

Also, didn't DW stop making the hAir trigger for other reasons, such as a lack of funding, so then PTP made theirs? I remember a thread on PBN about killing the rumors on this a while back.

There were other reasons that it *may* not have gone into production I believe. But the whole legal thing with PTP is the largest contributing factor.

I just don't even care anymore.

Kevmaster
05-02-2005, 06:18 PM

well...saying that VL will make the spyder one and WGP will make the cocker one is like saying Chevvy makes a Tahoe and Caddilac makes the Escalade. Yeah, they're marketed under different names, but they come from the same factory off the same line. Now, which company will have the line, I can't tell you.

And I'm pretty sure DW only stopped making their hair because PTP had a patent, which, IMO, is a perfectly valid reason.

gc82000
05-02-2005, 06:18 PM
IDC either but I just want it to come out already. :bounce:

JoshK
05-02-2005, 06:22 PM
well...saying that VL will make the spyder one and WGP will make the cocker one is like saying Chevvy makes a Tahoe and Caddilac makes the Escalade. Yeah, they're marketed under different names, but they come from the same factory off the same line. Now, which company will have the line, I can't tell you.

And I'm pretty sure DW only stopped making their hair because PTP had a patent, which, IMO, is a perfectly valid reason.

I remember asking fire, and I thought he said it was up to each company to make their specific frame...am i wrong? I just thought I remember hearing that...

RRfireblade
05-02-2005, 08:30 PM
I remember asking fire, and I thought he said it was up to each company to make their specific frame...am i wrong? I just thought I remember hearing that...

Basically, even tho it's all owned by K2, for all practical purposes WGP functions as it's own entity. BE/VL calls all the major shots but WGP still runs their own show for the most part and has a big role in he area of design and 'image' directions. Production wise, all of them have out of house production sources and have for a long time (Way before K2 got involved) so little has really changed there.

PTP does alot R&D for 'all' of them and have for a long time as well, more so even now.