PDA

View Full Version : scratch or other alternitive

Gumbe
04-19-2005, 06:23 PM
is there anyway i can get the scratchs out of my twist lock stenliss steal body?..or is there another body (i would like the hoper verticle) that i can replace it with i want this so i dont have to by a new freak system any help

mark_1791
04-19-2005, 06:27 PM
Unfortunatly for you, your freak won't work on a vertical twistlock body. Almost all twistlock barrels are meant for PF right or left, but not vertical. For a vertical body, your only choice would be a ULE body. You wouldn't have to replace your entire freak set, you only have to replace the back. The front and all the inserts are the same for all markers.

mrbrutal
04-19-2005, 06:29 PM
For $25 theres a guy here named luke who can convert standard and powerfeed bodies to offset vertical feed bodies that use the normal left or right twist lock barrels

Gumbe
04-19-2005, 06:53 PM
i am gona replace my body with an ule...but i dont have a job nor money right now (i am only 16)..so i just want a way to make it look its best....would a drum all be the best bet to polish it?..also what place host paintball vidos ether then forceofnature.com?

Gumbe
04-19-2005, 08:42 PM
also....when i do get a new ule body i have a chrome frame i dont like a chrome body what colour should i get

mark_1791
04-19-2005, 08:50 PM
Don't polish the ULE bodies, theyre annodized.

Get a black ULE to go with your chrome.

wanna-b-ballin'
04-19-2005, 10:08 PM
i have a few scuffs in my stainless body, and i was planning to take it into the shop at school tomorrow to sand blast it. if you have access to a sand blaster, you might try it.

Gumbe
04-20-2005, 02:48 PM
lol no i dont have a sand blaster handy :cry: ...but will a drum all (or what ever they are called) do a good job?

Gumbe
04-21-2005, 03:24 PM
anyone please

master_alexander
04-21-2005, 03:30 PM
if you want to keep your freak back, then you get a stainless steel emag centerfeed body and you will have to drill a hole where the barrel detent is, so it will be locked in (you will have to disasemble your gun to get the barrel off) and as far as polishing a stainless body you need to get some sandpaper for metal, some sandpaper that you use when it is wet (forgot the name) and use them in order from most coarse to fine and wa la. i did mine in 4 steps (coarse, medium, fine, wet) and it is a nice shine. you just have to make sure you rub it the same way.

BobDoleIsMyHero
04-21-2005, 04:23 PM
a dremel can do almost any job you want it to. how good a job it does depends on how well you use it. however i have never used one for this purpose. good luck with whatever you decide to do. :cheers:

Gumbe
04-21-2005, 05:42 PM
any step by step instuction how to do it..i dont wana mess it up..

FreakBaller12
04-21-2005, 06:18 PM
i am gona replace my body with an ule...but i dont have a job nor money right now (i am only 16)..so i just want a way to make it look its best....would a drum all be the best bet to polish it?..also what place host paintball vidos ether then forceofnature.com?
awh come on, don't be a girl, your 16 I had a job when I was 14. Go out and get a job, it'll be worth it

master_alexander
04-21-2005, 06:25 PM
any step by step instuction how to do it..i dont wana mess it up..

on this one you are going to have to search, even though it might kill you in the process...

but there are threads on "polishing mainbody" so just search, plain and simple.

Gumbe
04-21-2005, 07:20 PM
on this one you are going to have to search, even though it might kill you in the process...

but there are threads on "polishing mainbody" so just search, plain and simple.

no ..not search :cry: ....and i have had a job...and i have applyed for a job..it just a matter of fact of them wanting me now

Vex
04-22-2005, 03:47 AM
You can always go with the Classic Mag center feed body from the AGD online store. I think that they're $60. You can keep your Freak Barrel back (centerfeed twistlock) with this body. I've got one, and I just tweaked my other hopper right/left barrels so that they can be used as centerfeed also.
Just a though.

Gumbe
04-22-2005, 05:42 PM
well i want the ule body i like the way it look btu for now i wana make this body look good ...sooo i just wana know if a drum all will do the job

wanna-b-ballin'
04-22-2005, 06:44 PM
i just took my standard feed body into the shop today to see what i could do to it. i didn't want to risk my minimag body, its cooler.
i talked to the teacher about sandblasting and stuff, but he said it would be a bad idea, because stainless steel can rust if its in contact with iron. well in our shop, we work mostly with iron, so i cancelled out the sandblasting; i didn't want to imbed iron particles into it.
so i wire-wheeled it (its a wheel that spins really fast and it has a bunch of wires poking out.)
and that made it pretty shiney itself. not the matte blasted color, but shiny. not nearly as shiny as chrome, but shiney. and then i went over the body with 600 grit wet/dry sandpaper for a little while. made it a more uniform shiny all around. and then used some rubbing compound on it to polish it a little bit.

useing the sandpaper and the rubbing compound made it shinier, and also removed any iron particles that may have been on the whire wheel.

it took maybe 4 or 5 minutes to do a good job with the wire wheel.
then because i could, i spent about 25 minutes on sanding it.
then about 10 or 15 with the rubbing compound.
then you want to carefully wash the body to remove any dust or chemicals etc..

it took me a little bit more than a class period to do it.

personman
04-22-2005, 07:30 PM
Dude, all you need is sand paper and elbow grease. Buy a pack of emory cloth at home depot.
You probably want grits from around 300 - 1000. You can get even higher grit paper at an automotive shop. After you've got it sanded with high grit paper, just buff it and you're done. It might take an hour or two but it will probably get your scratches out.

Oh and it will give your body a polished stainless steel look.

wanna-b-ballin'
04-22-2005, 11:55 PM
useing a wire wheel goes WAY faster than sandpaper. i just used sandpaper for finishing touches and spots around the feedneck that werent easy to wire wheel.
a wire wheel should be fairly easy to come by. some people have them in their garages and most shops of any kind should have them.

Gumbe
04-23-2005, 09:13 AM
wire wheel...ummm is it weird that u have NO clue what that is...i was thinking of getting a drum all they r cheap only $30canadian and that comes with the polishing wheel and the grinding wheel..is that all i need?

Gumbe
04-24-2005, 11:28 AM
umm..anyone...also my dad's shop has a demel (sorry if that not how you spell it) but it only comes with one attachent the wire wheel....if i use that and buy a polishing head for it should it do the job

Gumbe
04-24-2005, 02:29 PM
anyone i need to know today i am geting it tomrrow

guysdaman
04-25-2005, 01:09 AM
yes a dremel will work but because the wheel is so small on it, it will take awhile to polish and sand....you are better off just getting some varying levels of wet/dry sand paper and start off with the lowest grit and work your way up to the highest...finishing off with some polishing compound. This route will take longer but it will also be alot cheaper than buying a dremel and the different attachment wheels for it....look here for more info on polishing mainbodies (http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7980&highlight=mainbody)