PDA

View Full Version : Problem with X-Valve / Flatline

Vex
04-20-2005, 12:49 AM
I just got my 68/3k Flatline back from Hydrolab.com (great service, BTW!); hooked it up to my gun and adjusted the output to right about 850--my gun gasses up fine, but when I start firing, I just loose air pressure. The weird thing is, if I fire at a rate of 1 BPS, then the gun works okay, but if I start to increase the ROF, then that's when it just dies, like it's out of air. I've got 2k in my tank at the start of each firing session; but I can't use enough to run out before my gun just dies.

The problem has to be with my X-Valve. I don't have any way to check the velocity, so I just turned it all the way up and worked my way back from there a little--it only helped a very tiny bit. I'm not too savvy with the tech know-how--I've never had this happen before though and it's baffling me :confused: especially since the last time I played, I had NO problems and I didn't change anything about my setup!

Help, please!

undescriptive
04-20-2005, 06:17 AM
check your hoses and fittings for obstructions, PTFE tape in the lines is a killer on flow ;)

Vex
04-20-2005, 06:33 AM
There are no obstructions in the hose--I already checked ;)
Thanks for the suggestion though!

undescriptive
04-20-2005, 07:49 AM
do you have the ULT?

if you do add a shim or 2...

Little_Ho
04-20-2005, 08:49 AM
Hi

did you try to hand tiden your X-Valve???

Maybe try that or lossen it up......

Little_Ho

Vex
04-21-2005, 12:14 AM
I could try to loosen my valve a bit I guess--I haven't messed with it since I bought it.
Yes, I've got ULT, but I've got 5 or 6 shims in it already--and it worked perfectly a couple of months ago.
The bolt spring wouldn't effect this, would it? I put the red spring that comes with the X-Valve in, but a few months ago, I had in just the regular silver spring...I could try, but I don't think that's it. It's like the gun just looses air pressure. I guess I need to look at my Flatline regulator.

I'm :confused:

Vex
04-22-2005, 04:09 AM
:confused:

Little_Ho
04-22-2005, 08:45 AM
Hi you could try one more thing. Maybe install a second pressure Gauge somewhere you have a port and monitor your pressure there.

Well thats about it. I maybe would try to remove a few chimes and try it again. The ULT and the LvX need to break in. So maybe you need to re tune them. Maybe if you still have your stock On/Off try that one and start tuning your LvX.

Thats all things i would try.

Little_Ho

Carbon Blue
04-22-2005, 06:58 PM
try adding another shim in your ULT to see if that works.

Alpha
04-22-2005, 07:45 PM
I suggest talking directly to Rogue, or Tuna.

Sounds like your marker is being starved of air.

Vex
04-25-2005, 12:12 AM
I suggest talking directly to Rogue, or Tuna.

Sounds like your marker is being starved of air.
Thanks for the suggestion. I think I'll PM someone.