PDA

View Full Version : What appears to be my first xmag problem.

NiQ-Toto
04-20-2005, 06:38 PM
Well, today i got some paint and air, and i was shooting in my back yard. Not one problem with it. Just now i go outside to dryfire a bit, and it starts acting up on me. It was skipping shots, and lots of them. I figure it is the air, im down to about 100PSI in the tank. Change tanks for a good one, same thing is happening. I think it may be the ACE but im not sure. Finger in breech shoots fine, but i wouldnt walk it like that. So now i come inside and go to change they eye settings to one color paint. Flip the on switch and blam, what comes up on the display is not the normal "AGD 3.2" but just a bunch of random pixels on the screen. Retry, same thing, i try scrolling through menu, nothing comes up but some random pixels at each option. I try shooting, no clicking of the solenoid. I try finger in the breech to get an eye reading. Nothing happens. Now i am left here, with no charger yet (its still in the mail) wondering what to do. Has anyone experienced this before? Is it something simple like a battery charge is needed (i never got the "LOW BAT" light) or is it something worse thats gonna cost me to fix?

Any and all help is greatly appreciated,
-Nick

Gunga
04-20-2005, 07:29 PM
The magnet sticking out the back of the trigger is too far out. Pull it into the trigger a bit.

NiQ-Toto
04-20-2005, 07:32 PM
Oh man, thanks so much, i was freaking out here trying to figure out what it was. Thanks a lot. Now can anyone tell me why that happens?

AGD202
04-20-2005, 08:21 PM
the Hall Sensors are not all made the same... they normaly come tuned but the magnet has to be in the right place so that the hall sensor doesnt always detect it and not too far back so it will never sence it... so if you put the magnet closer to the hall sensor the gun will fire earlier in the trigger pull, put the magnet farther away from the sensor and it will fire later in the pull

gothsqwd
04-21-2005, 10:45 AM
once you get the trigger set to your liking, loctite the magnet screw in place so it won't loosen up. you should use the trigger on/off setting to help you get it set right.

Boydster
04-23-2005, 07:47 PM
once you get the trigger set to your liking, loctite the magnet screw in place so it won't loosen up. you should use the trigger on/off setting to help you get it set right.
I wouldn't suggest doing that. On mine, it already seems like the set screw there is gonna strip out on me, loctiting it would REALLY REALLY make it strip if you go to adjust it or anything. I believe there is an oring somewhere in there anyway that keeps it snug.

stop whining buy a mag
04-23-2005, 08:39 PM
Yes, I think there is a black o-ring to keep it snug. Just set it and forget it. Put it in the middle of the trigger pull. That way if you don't pull the trigger all the way back your shot will register and if you pull the trigger all the way back and don't let it travel far enough forward the shot will still probably register.