PDA

View Full Version : Timmy question

Codekevin0403
04-21-2005, 10:40 AM
I've been looking at some timmy's and i was really wondering how bob long claims that the older style timmy's and the newer style timmy's can both hit 25 bps? So if that's true than what were the improvements between the older ones and the newer ones? This question is for my friend, who has the money for an alias, but is wondering since the older ones and the newer ones can both hit 25 bps maybe he can save a little money on a 2k2 instead of a 2k5. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

*edit* oh and any other guns in this price range that you think are pretty nice feel free to post them. I guess his price range is in the 1100 range, since he's buying an alias.

Python14
04-21-2005, 10:45 AM
It has to do with feel and weight. The newer timmies are more efficient, lighter, better balanced, and to some, feel better.

The result? It's easier to get closer to 25 BPS.

Other guns to look at are Matrices with eyes. Used DM4s. Freestyles. Egos. etc.

oldsoldier
04-21-2005, 10:52 AM
Hoenstly, get the 2k2, and wait for tadao to release the new board for it. It should be out sometime this week. I have both a 2k2 and an alias...but, saving money, I'd definitely go with the 2k2. The weight between them both is hardly noticeable...and, who really notices when playing? The setups are definitely different...2k2s are longer, and a little taller. with a used 2k2, like a Z or something, you can get for around 5-600. Alias new 1200 or so. Used 900ish. With the money saved on a 2k2, you can get the tadao board, adjustable ram cap, and decent barrel. Moneywise, 2k2 is your better option.

Codekevin0403
04-21-2005, 11:20 AM
Well my friend doesn't like those ramping modes, but i don't know if that tadao board is ramping/psp legal? And also, is an ego a cocker? The front of the Ego looks like it has just an lpr, so i'm guessing not, but it uses an e2 if i'm not mistaken, so does that make it a cocker? I'm a little confused about an ego.

Python14
04-21-2005, 11:24 AM
The ego is a stacked tube electro like the impulse or timmy. It does not use an e2 frame. It is quite efficient and fast and light and everything good.

Torbo
04-21-2005, 11:29 AM
the number 25 comes from the solenoid. The noid in intimidators maxes out at 25 bps. This does not really have anything to do with the gun itself. However, remember that you most likely will not be shooting anywhere near that number, so its not a big deal at all.

yakitori
04-21-2005, 12:39 PM
Well my friend doesn't like those ramping modes, but i don't know if that tadao board is ramping/psp legal? And also, is an ego a cocker? The front of the Ego looks like it has just an lpr, so i'm guessing not, but it uses an e2 if i'm not mistaken, so does that make it a cocker? I'm a little confused about an ego.

yes tadao has ramping/psp modes. It also has one the best eye logic. And some of the best boards out for any gun.

oldsoldier
04-21-2005, 12:39 PM
Tadao boards are ANY tourney legal. There are several modes of fire: unlimited BPS, capped, ramping (for NXL/PSP rules). Also, bounce is completely programmable. The eye logic on the tadao boards is, IMHO, by far the best encountered yet. It is definitely a worthy investment for a gun.

yakitori
04-21-2005, 12:53 PM
it also has a feature to allow you to up the dwell on the first shot to say 12 ms and the rest are set at 10ms to account for any FSDO. It is probably the best boards out right now for any gun.

G-Rock
04-21-2005, 01:08 PM
get a 2k2 and buy the new bob long "05 frame (like an alias frame but can fit 2k2's)

that is what I did with my Ironman, and it weighs close to and feels like an alias.

And with the new frame, you can (with some extra parts from an alias) us the infamous board in it...and that rocks!!

chris