PDA

View Full Version : freak barrel..new member

brikar
04-21-2005, 05:28 PM
I just bought a used 68 classic :dance: and it has a freak barrel on it. Does anybody have experience with them on a mag? Accuracy, gas usage, etc....

I sold my A-5 to get the mag so now I will be hanging out here :)

Sorry if this is in the wrong section..didn't seem to be a "tech" question. I did do a search but came up with nothing.

Thanks for the help!

Brian

punkncat
04-21-2005, 05:31 PM
Welcome to the boards

Classic Mags are quite efficent. Freak barrels work fine. Enjoy your new mag.

space_weazel_45
04-21-2005, 05:35 PM
A barrel is a barrel is a barrel, the freak has adjustable bore and that’s all, it will perform the same as any other multi bore system, the gas usage between barrels it negligible.
As far as accuracy goes we look to physics a good ball to barrel fit and consistent gas volume and pressure behind the ball will produce "accuracy" do a search for the paintball physics thread.
And welcome to the family.

brikar
04-21-2005, 07:28 PM
Thank you for the replies! I have read a lot of reviews about the freak system and they are rated really good or really bad. I figured i would get a straight answer here!

Thanks again!

Yuck-Mag
04-21-2005, 07:30 PM
Bwahaha Mags are not efficient. Vikings are efficient. And I cant spell.

Maggot6
04-21-2005, 08:10 PM
Bwahaha
I don't know how to spell that either :p

Welcome to the wonderful world of mags. You wont be dissapointed with your freak as well.

ColdFuzion
04-21-2005, 08:20 PM
Welcome to AO! My Mag shoots VERY VERY accurately with a properly sized Freak...

To size it:

1) Get paintballs that you'll be using for the day, and grab one out of bag
2) Open up your insert case and push it in a few until you find one it won't roll out of
3) See how hard/easy it is to blow the ball through the insert
4) Find an insert that takes a decent bit of air force to get the ball through
5) Look at the size on the insert, and get the one that's one size bigger (Skip if you only have the 3-insert freak kit)

-Cold

brikar
04-21-2005, 10:08 PM
Welcome to AO! My Mag shoots VERY VERY accurately with a properly sized Freak...

To size it:

1) Get paintballs that you'll be using for the day, and grab one out of bag
2) Open up your insert case and push it in a few until you find one it won't roll out of
3) See how hard/easy it is to blow the ball through the insert
4) Find an insert that takes a decent bit of air force to get the ball through
5) Look at the size on the insert, and get the one that's one size bigger (Skip if you only have the 3-insert freak kit)

-Cold
Those are well explained directions! Thanks man! I bought it used and it only has a 691 with it, but I will be buying more i'm sure.

minimag03
04-21-2005, 10:31 PM
I always like the freak. It will work great on your mag. I' hope you enjoy the upgrade from your A-5, and oh yeah welcome to AO.

sbpyro
04-22-2005, 08:56 AM
Get the SS inserts if you can find them
They seem a little more rugged thatn the regular inserts

peewee
04-22-2005, 09:46 AM
:nono: You want to sell the freak to me... Really you dont want it... :D n Ok truth is they are hard to find in my area. They work great love mine .

TheTramp
04-22-2005, 10:27 AM
I have Freak barrels for all my markers.

The inserts are a little delecate but that's the only issue there is with them. With that said, I've never damaged ANY of my inserts so it's really not a problem if you take normal care of your stuff.

I love the fact that if you buy a new/different gun you just have to get a new back and you'll be able to keep useing the rest of your kit.

brikar
04-22-2005, 04:24 PM
OK, well it came in the mail today so I get to do another of these :dance: and 1 of these :mad: cause the seller left it coated in paint. But now shes all cleaned up and all I can say is WOW. Why didn't you guys seek me out and tell me the mag was so awesome! And since I started this thread about the freak I should say I love it to!
Now, what to do wih the warp drive that I'll never use....

peewee
04-22-2005, 04:45 PM
sell or trade it to someone around here for something you do want. :cheers:

TheTramp
04-22-2005, 05:04 PM
Now, what to do wih the warp drive that I'll never use....

Sell it and buy the rest of the inserts for your freak. Perhaps a different length tip as well.

brikar
04-22-2005, 05:42 PM
Thanks for all the help guys. It's nice to come over to a new board and find such helpful people! :hail:

BD_Paintball
04-22-2005, 07:36 PM
Bwahaha Mags are not efficient. Vikings are efficient. And I cant spell.

rgr that, i got like 600 shots from a 88 3k. and i get more then 1200 with my imp

WARPED1
04-23-2005, 01:34 AM
Don't mention anything SP here! These AO zombies still hold a grudge due to the whole SP vs the world lawsuits and will most likely feed you false information on anything SP makes and flame the heck out of you! (except a select few who know how the real world works)

frop
04-23-2005, 02:03 AM
(except a select few who know how the real world works)

:rofl: I know far too many people in the real world who don't know how it works. :( :tard:

:ninja: :argh:
(conflicted pirate/ninja)

TheTramp
04-23-2005, 03:03 AM
Don't mention anything SP here! These AO zombies still hold a grudge due to the whole SP vs the world lawsuits and will most likely feed you false information on anything SP makes and flame the heck out of you! (except a select few who know how the real world works)

Dude, what are you talking about? :confused: Everyone in this thread has said good and helpful things about the Freak.

Don't go to the other extreme and get on the " AO zombies " bus without even reading the thread. You'll end up looking like a SP drone ;)

BD_Paintball
04-23-2005, 10:12 AM

i like SP, i had the freak and i have a imp now. I <3 SP

WARPED1
04-23-2005, 08:01 PM
i like SP, i had the freak and i have a imp now. I <3 SP
YAAAAAAAAAAY! Someone who can see through all the BS AO folks tend to spew out.

Paintchucker
04-23-2005, 08:36 PM

Just because we all have multiple mags doesn't mean we don't have SP guns too... LOL, my ION cost less than my first Hyperframe Trigger Frame. And all I had to do was buy a freak back and I am good to go with my existing 6 tips and insert kits...

Brikar, Welcome to AO !!! If you want more inserts or tips, you should be able to find them in the Misc. Section, or over on PbNation.com used. You should be able to pick up a used set of inserts with the case for somewhere between $65-80 or buy them new for $90-100... Typically inserts go new for $13 each, and the SS ones for about $18 each. The Blue .689 is typically considered the standard bore...

BD_Paintball
04-23-2005, 09:42 PM
YAAAAAAAAAAY! Someone who can see through all the BS AO folks tend to spew out.

i have always liked SP and took some flaming for it. but thats ok those ppl just havent seen the light :clap:

WARPED1
04-23-2005, 09:59 PM
i have always liked SP and took some flaming for it. but thats ok those ppl just havent seen the light :clap:
AMEN BRUTHA!