PDA

View Full Version : thinkin about gettin a mag...

tippy baller
04-21-2005, 08:21 PM
ok im new to the whole automag thing and i figured this was a good place 2 start... as my name says i shoot a tippy... im gonna start playin in tournies soon and are lookin 4 a good gun 2 play tournies with... i dont want an electro so im lookin at mags cuz i dont like cockers and my ? is how much $ will it take to get an automag to tourney level???

ColdFuzion
04-21-2005, 08:26 PM
First, let me say welcome to AO. I use my Mag in tournies and it does fine. Try www.themagsmith.com and www.tunamart.com for cool mags prebuilt, or build your own on www.airgun.com (Airgun.com is a bit more pricy). If you buy a RT ULE Custom, you'll be tourney set. Look at the ULT Trigger Pull Kit. I have it on my mag, and I can walk the trigger with 850 PSI in (Preset tank, the trigger feels better at 950-100, though). Hope I helped some.

-Cold

tippy baller
04-21-2005, 08:28 PM
i thought how rts werent tourny legal?

personman
04-21-2005, 08:31 PM
It depends on what you consider tourney level. To me, 'tourney level' means absolutely nothing. I saw a brass eagle raptor at wal-mart being advertised as tourney level.

The ULE Custom is a great gun that's light and pretty quick due to the RT effect.

The tippmann really isnt that bad of a gun to play tourneys with, as long as you arent using the stock barrel. Man, that thing sucks.

Also keep in mind that you need a nitrogen tank with a mag so you're looking at an extra 100-200 for a tank and an extra maybe 40-100 if you dont already have an electric hopper.

You're looking at around $500 for the gun and then you need a hopper and tank.

If you wanna go a cheaper route, I reccommend a BKO. :)

Edit:
Tippmann RT's are not tourney legal. HOWEVER, AGD ReTro valves, ARE legal. Well, unless you make them illigal. ;)
They are two different things, work completely differently. Don't mix em up.

tippy baller
04-21-2005, 08:37 PM
tourny level to me = can i play in a tournament or a higher level of play and be competitive

master_alexander
04-21-2005, 08:39 PM
tourny level to me = can i play in a tournament or a higher level of play and be competitive

with a mag? sure!

just tune it finley and learn with it

tippy baller
04-21-2005, 08:42 PM
ok so about hom much $ am i gonna have 2 front up 2 play? ive got a 12v revvy w/x-board...so for now ive got a good enough hopper but prolly get a halo or reloader...but i already kno i gotta get a HPA tank.....

player4
04-21-2005, 08:58 PM
The revy should be fast enough for a mech automag, it seems to do fine with mine.

tippy baller
04-21-2005, 09:49 PM
ok im still curious no1 has answered my ? HOW MUCH IS IT GONNA COST ME???

afrotc465
04-21-2005, 09:57 PM
ok im still curious no1 has answered my ? HOW MUCH IS IT GONNA COST ME???

My recommendation is that you should get an rt or an xvalved ule

My guess is that you will spend anywhere from 200 for a classic rt to around 400 for a very nice ule. You will also need a HP or adjustable tank which will cost you anywhere from 190 to 350, 350 if you want a nice adjustable like an Evil Scion, but you would do just fine by having a good HP preset, my recommendation for that would be a crossfire. And for loaders, if you want something better than a revvy go for a Ricochet Apache, they are faster than an egg and are going for only 45-50 on paintballgear.com (they slashed the prices)

Hope this helps.
Later,
Shawn

jenarelJAM
04-21-2005, 09:58 PM
do you need this gun in the relatively near future? if you can wait a few months, you can get a ptp mag for around $600-650 (i think) and have the FASTEST mech ever. I wouldd efinately call that a tourney gun. however, for $500 you can get a ult(ultra light trigger) ule(ultra light engineering) mag and do pretty well. Personally, i went with an emag, but the biggest plus of mags IMO is the lack of maintenance. with the exception of the first few weeks(learning curve), you will almost never need to do anything to your gun other than stick some oil in the asa and wipe it down with a wet cloth at the end of the day. Your gun should never go down on you during a game, and w/ the lvlX, you shouldnt ever have to worry about chops, or eyes... for an air tank, i would reccommend a crossfire high preset tank or if you want an adjustable tank(for better reactivity) get a 4500 flatline from Tunaman. I just bought one from him(its in the mail). I have to say it was a great experience, he was polite, prompt, and i felt he was a great overall guy to buy from. also, if you want to go COMPLETELY mech, look into a qloader. 30+bps consistantly and no profile. if you want to know what I think you should spend it would be:
$500 for rt mag or similar
$200 for crossfire hp preset
$80-$180 for qloader setup(www.qloader.com) check prices and packages there. you can also get 10% off if you go to pbnation and find their qloader discount code.

afrotc465
04-21-2005, 10:01 PM
is the ptp gonna have a walkable mech trigger on it?

i know that GForce already came out with a walkable mech, but that one is around 750 last time i checker

jenarelJAM
04-21-2005, 10:04 PM
im not up with current events about the ptp trigger, but as far as i know, it should be like a slightly stiffer elecric trigger. that is to say, it will be easier to walk than an e-spyder, but harder than a timmy. btw, this is what i personally think it will be like, i have no idea if this description is accurate. I AM sure however, that it is considered "walkable" if i hadn't already bought my emag, i would get a ptp mag when they come out.

onedude36
04-21-2005, 10:27 PM
he said one ounce pull, most high end electros have at least a few ounces on the triggers.

NoForts4Me
04-21-2005, 10:39 PM
Okay, just to clear up the PTP stuff...read this thread on AO: PnueMag Test Video (http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=168705).

There are video links, plus almost all the information you could want. The following link is the best video of the PnueMag in action: http://www.logicpaintball.com/PneuMag1.wmv.

mark_1791
04-21-2005, 10:55 PM
thinkin about gettin a mag...

There is no think, there is only do!
-Yoda
:rofl:
Sorry just had to say that...

The RT ULE Custom is your best bet if you want it NOW, but if you can wait till like the end of the summer you can get a Pneumag.

master_alexander
04-21-2005, 11:12 PM
There is no think, there is only do!
-Yoda
:rofl:
Sorry just had to say that...

The RT ULE Custom is your best bet if you want it NOW, but if you can wait till like the end of the summer you can get a Pneumag.

not can, should!

yep, i had to fix that.

i don't know what yous aid above but what are your funds? and your likes? (Y,Z, I, vert frame, X valve, emag valve, rt etc..)

Phantom_Mag
04-22-2005, 02:21 AM
LOL, im on the 11th ranked college team in the nation ncpa(UWW-WHITEWATER), what a joke. I play snake and i use my minimag with a classic valve, i am the only person out there with a mech gun at every turny, but it sure does turn heads. I have an emag aswell but i love my mini. The gun doenst make you a better turny player. Id suggest any type of mag, it really is too bad that begining turny players are already swayed to get so called "ripping" markers before they have ever played. All talk, i prefer my classic at a solid 7 balls a second. Thats all you need buddy. Did i mention i use co2. What im trying to say is dont be so quickly swayed by fast shooting markers, it is something i would say, through experience, is exagerated and over rated. $200 will go along way. Bottom line...field awarness drops as bps increases, even in the best of players.

tippy baller
04-22-2005, 06:17 AM
hahaha lol i know what ur talkin about...we play the SAME position...snake....right now my 98c and me are known for bunkering at the local field and i always find it funny when ppl with 49817498712948$ dollar angels get mad when im picked first for walk on games...oh and btw i use a 20oz CO2 also

Phantom_Mag
04-22-2005, 11:13 AM
May I Suggest Building The fallowing...

Classic/Minimag valve- $50
Intelli Frame-$85
AM/MM Rail- $20
PF Body- $20
ANY Ceramic Barrel J&J or PMI- $20
90* Fittings and macroline- $10
Vert asa & Gasthrough- $20
Drop forward W ASA since you play snake- $30
Total--------- $255

Thats about what you should buy, you dont need then intelli frame but its a nice upgrade, if you dont get that it drops the price to only $15 for a carbon fiber single trigger right off the agd website. Also these prices can very cheaper or more expensive. Also you can buy peoples entire setups for cheaper but look for these parts on them. If you do decide to build a mag ive got alot of the parts i will give a new mag buyer a great deal, since i dont even use them. Id suggest looking for entire setups since that will be cheaper. Also store.airgun.com has released the pro classic, that would be a very wise choice for price and being a new marker.

tippy baller
04-22-2005, 02:55 PM
thanks phantom...now i just gotta find a way 2 get the $ and ill b set!

tippy baller
04-22-2005, 06:59 PM
would this b a good deal and goodd gun? black ULE body, black x-valve w/lvl 10, I-frame w/blade trigger, ULE trigger kit, no barrel all 4 437.50? or should i look 4 a used 1? or how bout this...~AGD ULE Body- Your choice of color
~Black X-Valve w/ Level 10
~RPG Sleeper Rail-Gloss Black
~Rogue Series All Gloss Black AGD Intelliframe w/Gloss Black Blade Trigger
~AGD RT Pro ASA and Foregrip
~Black Shrink-Wrapped Stainless Steel Line
~AGD Stock Fitings & Bottomline
for 449?

Phantom_Mag
04-22-2005, 07:11 PM
Rogue puts together high quality markers and equipment. Yes that would be a good purchase if thats the amount you are looking to spend. You can find used markers on here all the time, just keep your eyes peeled.

buzzboy
04-22-2005, 08:06 PM
Cheapest I could find new on all items was $710

It is from White Wolf Airsmithing (www.whitewolfairsmithing.com). That is with the y frame, revy, truth barrel, ule, ult, crossfire 68/45 and ss hoses.

Adrenaline_Junkie
04-22-2005, 08:37 PM
One word, Paradigm.

www.themagsmith.com

mark_1791
04-22-2005, 09:20 PM
would this b a good deal and goodd gun? black ULE body, black x-valve w/lvl 10, I-frame w/blade trigger, ULE trigger kit, no barrel all 4 437.50? or should i look 4 a used 1? or how bout this...~AGD ULE Body- Your choice of color
~Black X-Valve w/ Level 10
~RPG Sleeper Rail-Gloss Black
~Rogue Series All Gloss Black AGD Intelliframe w/Gloss Black Blade Trigger
~AGD RT Pro ASA and Foregrip
~Black Shrink-Wrapped Stainless Steel Line
~AGD Stock Fitings & Bottomline
for 449?

One word, Paradigm.
:rofl: Dude, the gun he's describing IS the Paradigm.

Yes, that is a very good deal. Be sure to get the ULT.
Remember: ONLY HPA

Adrenaline_Junkie
04-22-2005, 09:24 PM
I know thts what he was describing and i was saying he should get it. Why i put the addy up for it idk lol but i did anyway. Thanks though :D