PDA

View Full Version : karta for ions

Chronobreak
04-21-2005, 09:04 PM
so i heard on pbn in the foehn thread i posted
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=12631633#post12631633

that colin/dw/arowmic w/e wil be making kartas/chords or w/e for ions..

cany anyone confirm? ide be really upset...maybe he could change the desighn mroe and call it something diff :cool:

ide just ahte to see the ONLY uniqe things that mags have going for them be ported to other guns in the same format :mad:

and while this threads up anyone who recently bought a dallara/karta want to lmk what # are upto?

personman
04-21-2005, 09:08 PM
Why do you care?

And do you really believe everything you read on PBN?

Chronobreak
04-21-2005, 09:11 PM
Why do you care?

And do you really believe everything you read on PBN?

because im bored and wanted to make a thread :p

im just curious, i dont really care.

and if you read my post there is a reason.. :argh:

and no infact i dont beleive 99.8% of the stuff on pbn.
i was assuming he ehard wrong about the kartas and just heard dw was making a bod..and that is the one there FOEHN.

Codekevin0403
04-21-2005, 09:11 PM
yeah i heard about that somewhere here before...

but didn't AGD and deadlywind partner up to use the karta/chord/dallara bodies exclusively for the mag? If so doesn't that mean that deadlywind needs AGD's consent to use that body on an Ion? just a thought though.

JimmyBeam
04-21-2005, 09:14 PM
yea i read a post from Nicad over at PBN, that they are working on porting the Karta body over to the Ion as we speak

Chronobreak
04-21-2005, 09:23 PM
crap pbns search sucks

ok i found it. and he is making kartas :(

although theyl probly be bigger and weird looking it sucks the only unique things we have are going to go :(

if i was colin ide probly do the same thing though :rolleyes:

well i also saw dw is working on a carbon composite frame for the ions..cool stuff.

im still kinda sad.

link
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=12335045#post12335045

CKY_Alliance
04-21-2005, 09:37 PM
Yea im with chrono the DW bodies were kinda the only unique thing for mags....as long as the dallara doesnt get forced to th dark side im cool.

But i understand its a buisness and buisness have to do what they gotta do to make money.

xXHavokXx
04-21-2005, 09:54 PM
The Ion is hot right now, why screw themselves and not get in on it?

The only thing unique to a mag is it's quality and ingenuity of Tom Kaye. Otherwise its just another paintball gun just like the rest....except Angels. Fly or Die.

mark_1791
04-21-2005, 11:27 PM
Dude, we still got the Dallara! :D

Personally, I like the looks of the Dallara better anyways.

Rift
04-21-2005, 11:36 PM
^ Must agree must agree whats the last number on them anyways last i remember it was still my 22 but im sure thats gone up between that time?

SpecialBlend2786
04-21-2005, 11:50 PM
The Ion is hot right now, why screw themselves and not get in on it?

The only thing unique to a mag is it's quality and ingenuity of Tom Kaye. Otherwise its just another paintball gun just like the rest....except Angels. Fly or Die.

qft

gibby
04-21-2005, 11:54 PM
As much as I love my Karta Emag, and I agree the Karta body makes it unique...I also understand that Colin wants to expand his business. Like someone said above, IONs are the hot item and you'd be stupid not to try and capture a portion of the market if you've got the talent and the resources to make it happen.

Mag pride? Eh. I will always be a fan of AGD. But I'm also a fan of Colin's work. I wish him all the best wherever that may be.

Chronobreak
04-22-2005, 12:00 AM
i agree with everything said, as i also said i would have made them too if i could have.

hed be dumb NOT TO.

but it would suck having pretty much the only unie upgrade we have going to other platforms.

but i was thinking, unles he leaves part of the body exposed it stil wont be as slikc small and cool looking..and as $ :p as the mag version :D

and yes i lov my karta too, and appreciate everything dw has done for mags so far.

im not like furious or anything, i more or less started the thread out of curiosity as if this was true because the search feature on pbn sucks and i couldnt find an answer.

thats why i love ao :cheers:

i may just have to buy an ion to get another dw body :ninja:

can'tthink of1
04-22-2005, 12:09 AM
Yeah, its a good idea for companies to jump on the whole ion bandwagon, just because there is a huge potential for money. There are just so many ions out there, and they need aftermarket parts, why not make them? Money is money, and it drives nearly everyone to do stuff they don't exactly would like too. Although, I don't like the idea of once mag specific bodies on ions. Scott, prepare to get your mag confused with an ion everyday.

1977FordBronco
04-22-2005, 02:07 AM
Hey anything that helps DW out financially is a plus in my book, they deserve it. And besides, maybe some extra cash will help them un-shelf some of their past innovations *cough* hAir *cough* :)

Nexus
04-22-2005, 08:43 AM
I'm confused. Why would you put a $200-$300 body on a $290 gun. That doesn't make any sense. By the time you buy an ion, a new trigger, a new feedneck, a new body, and whatever else people buy, you could have gotten an incredible gun.

TheTramp
04-22-2005, 08:57 AM
It's not going to be as expencive as the Mag bodies as they don't have to buy someone elses product then mill that. The Ion bodies are only a covering so the work is much simpler.

I say "good for Deadly Wind!" I'm happy to see that a small company that makes great products and has supported us is going to be able to accsess shuch a large market. Think about all the money they'll make that they can put into new mag stuff. :D

Lohman446
04-22-2005, 09:01 AM
I'm confused. Why would you put a $200-$300 body on a $290 gun. That doesn't make any sense. By the time you buy an ion, a new trigger, a new feedneck, a new body, and whatever else people buy, you could have gotten an incredible gun.

Well I agree that upgarding an Ion is sometimes odd... lets look at it

Base Ion $285
Feedneck $30 (and I have never bought a marker that I have not changed the feedneck on, so this is really a moot point)
Trigger $30? (I kinda liked my trigger, but I'll leave it here)
Body $150 (about the pricepoint DW has indicated, maybe less)
QEVs $10? (I don't know, I don't have them and I'm very happy with my Ion)

So for under $550 you have a good looking (with new body) electronic marker with break beam eyes, a roller trigger, and a feedneck of your choice. I still don't see where its that bad, considering Shockers new go for about $700+... Just out of curiosity, what incredible gun are you thinking of at the $500 to $600 price point?

Chronobreak
04-22-2005, 09:01 AM
mag bodies are just soe expensive b/c of slugs

thats an automatic $120~ price boost to any aftermarket body.

most people are too wooried about tolerances...but its not really an issue..or hasnt been yet.

Flow_Tech
04-22-2005, 09:08 AM
stop your whining scott,a mag is a mag,an ion is an ion,there will be differnces.

Chronobreak
04-22-2005, 09:10 AM
stop your whining scott,a mag is a mag,an ion is an ion,there will be differnces.

will be or ARE!? :D :p

JimmyBeam
04-22-2005, 10:48 AM
this isnt from DW but i just came across this. i guess its in production as well

http://www.benbow3d.com/paintworx/body_swoops3.jpg

WARPED1
04-22-2005, 12:51 PM
I heard the same thing here. And it was niether confirmed or denied by DW, so who knows?(that who guy knows an awful lot!)

logicmag19
04-22-2005, 03:43 PM
"and no infact i dont beleive 99.8% of the stuff on pbn.
i was assuming he ehard wrong about the kartas and just heard dw was making a bod..and that is the one there FOEHN."

and they dont believe 99.8% of the stuff on ao! :cry:

WARPED1
04-22-2005, 04:26 PM
A DW Ion body would look great...... but it'd be pointless. The whole point of the Ion is to cut costs. Hence powdercoating vs annodizing. A DW body would cost you over $100. A plastic replacement shell from SP has a MSRP of $29.99. You do the math...............

Evil Bob
04-22-2005, 07:59 PM
You guys saying its pointless are not looking at it from the Ricer's perspective, they want to take something that is mainstream ordinary that everyone has and make it into something exceptional that not everyone has just because that's what they like to do.

In all honesty adding an extra $30k in body parts, neon lights, a kicking sound system and spinning rims does not make a $30k toyota corrola go any faster then a $60k Mercedes. That's not the point, those guys are after something that looks unique and tricked out, thats what they like to do.

Same with putting a Karta body on the mag, its the same functional marker without the added expense of the body, the only real difference is it looks alot nicer and more unique with it.

-Evil Bob

JimmyBeam
04-22-2005, 08:34 PM
no anno....

looking for a killer powdercoat job

WARPED1
04-23-2005, 09:25 PM
Well, heres proiof DW is making an Ion body.(pic taken from Ion-owners.com, thread entitled "DeadlyWinds new ION bodies PICS!")
http://www.ocmob.com/b-art/uploader2/uploads/04140027s.jpg

Chronobreak
04-23-2005, 09:29 PM
i knew that...

foehn has been posted alot, as well as by myself on pbn :cool:

WARPED1
04-23-2005, 09:34 PM
Oh, I was not aware. I just remember some AO zombie saying something along the lines of DW would never make stuff for an SP gun! :eek:
I ran across this tonight at ion-owners.com, they're a lil' slow I guess! :p

deadbox101
04-23-2005, 10:56 PM
this isnt from DW but i just came across this. i guess its in production as well

http://www.benbow3d.com/paintworx/body_swoops3.jpg

Man that thing looks killer, put that on an Alpha rail now!

WARPED1
04-23-2005, 11:07 PM
Man that thing looks killer, put that on an Alpha rail now!
Don't waste a beautiful Ion body by putting it on a mag rail! :wow:

Maggot6
04-24-2005, 08:09 AM
I like that mags were the only markers to have more than one replacement body...Something special to them..
Then these people at deadlywind decide they want to make money, pffft :rolleyes:

WARPED1
04-24-2005, 10:49 AM
Then these people at deadlywind decide they want to make money, pffft :rolleyes:
Welcome to the real world!(I know you were kidding:))

JimmyBeam
04-24-2005, 12:10 PM
Don't waste a beautiful Ion body by putting it on a mag rail! :wow:

now where did i put my flame proof jacket.......

jk, but youre right though

TMAXXKING1
04-24-2005, 12:30 PM
here is how i look at it ..
half the lil kiddie's cry about the price of a feedneck

as for deadly wind makeing products for a different company .. i say go with the flow
someone will buy them ...not me i have my karta on my emag
worth every penny ...

if nicad and rogue didnt have all the options they do for mags i dont think i would have been into mag for too long ..

... so colin good luck with this i hope to see alot of gear from you for everyone's new toy's even if it a product for a smart parts gun...

phelix
04-24-2005, 04:09 PM
You guys are a bunch of elitist ********. End of story.

WARPED1
04-24-2005, 04:27 PM
Most of AO is. Sure they're the biggest owners group on the net, but they're the only ones who are like this(elitist).