PDA

View Full Version : Dynaflow Vs '05 LegionAir

tipp-ed off
04-21-2005, 09:17 PM
Ok, I'm getting pretty tired of my Throttle. I've taken it to Dye twice to raise the pressure up for my Rt-pro. But now its back down to around 715 Psi and has terrible consistency at rates of fire over 6-7 BPS. So I'm looking to either change the Dye reg on the tank with a Dynaflow regulator about $230. OR buy a Macdev '05 Legionair, with shipping about $230. I just can't seem to find the exact output pressure of the Hp Macdev (800 or 850 Psi). If it's a consistant 850 Psi I'm sold but if it lingers at 775-800Psi I'm going Dynaflow.

tippmannsniper-
04-21-2005, 09:30 PM
go legionair

nirvana1234
04-21-2005, 09:33 PM
go with macdev!!!!!!!!!

Codekevin0403
04-21-2005, 09:38 PM
yeah definietly legion

tipp-ed off
04-21-2005, 09:48 PM
I'm thinking Macdev but I really like the feeling of the 850Psi range(snappyer, more reactive trigger). Just wish I knew what the output was. :shooting:

Twiek
04-21-2005, 09:52 PM
If you're willing to change the reg on your current bottle, then prehaps you should consider a conquest (http://airsoldier.com/regulators/index.shtml)

tipp-ed off
04-21-2005, 09:55 PM
If you're willing to change the reg on your current bottle, then prehaps you should consider a conquest (http://airsoldier.com/regulators/index.shtml)
Conquest regs are not adjustable past 650Psi that wouldnt work for a mech mag.

MicroMiniMe
04-21-2005, 09:59 PM
Are you on crack?
Dynaflow all the way. Adjustable up to 1000 PSI. Great consistiency.
Emag in hybrid at 950 PSI. Mmm, good. Have you seen the Z-Man vids?

Rick-click save as goodness
Z-Man (http://www.zakvetter.com/Videos/Viking+Dyndaflow%20Reg.mov)

All the good videos.
http://www.zakvetter.com/pages/pb/z-mans_corner/zmans_corner_main.html

Twiek
04-21-2005, 10:02 PM
Conquest regs are not adjustable past 650Psi that wouldnt work for a mech mag.

Ah, I was unaware of that.

In that case, I'd recommend the Dynaflow. I personally don't like screw in regs, and I really don't like non-adjustable regs (especially on mags).

minimag03
04-21-2005, 10:34 PM
Rick-click save as goodness
Z-Man (http://www.zakvetter.com/Videos/Viking+Dyndaflow%20Reg.mov)

That is why I would take the Dynaflow. Look at the recharge on that thing.

Z-man
04-21-2005, 10:38 PM
go with macdev!!!!!!!!!

I hate answers like that; no explanation no backup not even a suggestion of why you mentioned a choice NOT EVEN LISTED.

OK having said that. I would suggest you go with the Centerflag DynaFlow tank or their new 4CE reg. both are high flow light weight and work very well with the Mag system.

The MacDev tanks (while they are VERY light and nice tanks) ARE NOT GOOD MAG TANKS. They have trouble breaking 800psi. I have tried them out on X-Mags and RT Pros and they are NOT an ideal choice.

tipp-ed off
04-21-2005, 10:48 PM
I hate answers like that; no explanation no backup not even a suggestion of why you mentioned a choice NOT EVEN LISTED.

OK having said that. I would suggest you go with the Centerflag DynaFlow tank or their new 4CE reg. both are high flow light weight and work very well with the Mag system.

The MacDev tanks (while they are VERY light and nice tanks) ARE NOT GOOD MAG TANKS. They have trouble breaking 800psi. I have tried them out on X-Mags and RT Pros and they are NOT an ideal choice.

Yes! Thank You Z-man that is what I wanted to hear. Why get a super nice tank if it wont fit my purpose. Dynaflow it is. :)

SpecialBlend2786
04-21-2005, 10:51 PM
Like Zak said, either DynaFlow or 4CE.

I personally have a dynaflow. Best tank I have ever used, bar none. Very consistant, fairly small, and very user friendly. The on/off is push button, and actually bleeds the line. very cool feature.

The 4CE looks extremely promising, if i didn't own the best tank in the universe i might have looked into it.

tipp-ed off
04-22-2005, 12:11 AM
How do I take of my old reg? That thing wont budge.

Evil1
04-22-2005, 01:00 AM
If you don't know what you're doing with a tank, let a professional handle the reg removal part. Most regs have some sort of threadlocker applied to the threads that go into the tank itself at the factories where their assembled. You can damage the threads if you don't do it right, and if the threads get damaged, the tank is junk. So definitely let a pro handle any tank concerns. I'm just looking out for your safety.

MicroMiniMe
04-22-2005, 08:54 AM
If all the air pressure is bled out, you should be able to loosen it off if you have a torque or strap wrench I think. Or as mentioned, take it to a scuba shop. When having the new reg put on, NO LOCTITE! NO HEAT either. They will do much more harm than good.

tipp-ed off
04-22-2005, 08:56 AM
Ok then. Even though I always work on my own stuff and I've installed anti-syphon tubes and re-built regulators I'll seek a proffesional. Well i'm really screwed when is start travelling(aircraft tank regulator thing). I'm going to have to bring an airsmith with me were ever I go. :cry:

the123
04-22-2005, 09:38 AM
Go Dynaflow, I have 6 Centerflag regs on assorted bottles. They are the highest flowing and are bullet-proof.
The Dynaflow is square, you just need a strap wrench and a adjustable wrench to remove the dyna once it is empty. A round reg is more difficult, I just use the fill nipple on round regs to grab with a wrench. (yes i know it's risky)
Last I knew, Centerflag loctited their regs on bottles from the factory.

MicroMiniMe
04-22-2005, 10:00 AM
If your travelling with them, you need to take the reg off each time. Degassed, if you just hand tighten them when installing it, it will come off just as easy. Remember the pressurization when filled will keep the threads closed plenty tight.

mag88888
04-22-2005, 10:12 AM
i have a apoc2k.......works decent, i get upset by it sometimes........

White_Noise
04-22-2005, 10:14 AM
id say go with the 4ce or dynaflow. i have 2 dynalflows because i prefer rail mounted tanks to get the right setup that i like. dynaflows can consistantly hit the 950-1000 psi range. for my sfl i keep it at about 900-950, and when on my rt i use about 950-1000. after some minor tweaking of the regulator, i was able to get it to output around 1100, but there wasnt any difference between that and 1000psi.

Carbon
04-22-2005, 11:24 AM
I agree with z man. go dyna flow, and get a rebuild kit while you're at it.

Teamslayer76
04-22-2005, 02:39 PM
Dynaflow all the way. Support Centerflag. Plus the recharge on a Dynaflow that i had a while back was crazy btw watch that vid 31bps it kept up with or something like that.

Also you have centerflag to back them up...which I might add is in the U.S. so if you have any serious problems and need to ship it out its no problem.

Also Z-Man they aparently don't make the 4ce anymore and/or it was discontinued.For what reasons I have no idea.

Go Centerflag! :headbang:

Twiek
04-22-2005, 05:27 PM
I have an old style dynaflow (integrated rail), and I really like it except that the reg's ratio is pretty low. On a full fill, it'll output something like 500 psi, but when the tank is nearly empty, it'll be somewhere around 700... If you use a pressure compensating reg, then it's not a problem, but if you're using an AIR valve, Palmer's reg, etc. You'll end up shooting ~20 fps less by the end of the game.

tipp-ed off
04-25-2005, 09:59 PM
This e-mail I got is pretty interesting. I don't know how true the statement is its almost like he told me exactly what I wanted to hear. Its too late though I already bought a Dynaflow regualtor as per Z-man's recomondation.

Rick,

The HP is 850-900psi output.

Regards,

Bourke Grundy

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

MacDev - Australia

www.macdev.net

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Wednesday, 20 April 2005 11:56 AM
To: info@macdev.net
Subject: 05 LegionAir Preset question

Hello,

I'm looking into buying this 05 LegionAir Preset but need to know the exact output pressure of the HP version. I have an Automag and requires 850 PSI or more. Thanks

Rick