PDA

View Full Version : Colleges?

p00
04-21-2005, 09:19 PM
It's getting to that time when people are making their decisions on where to go to college. So, fellow highschool seniors, I invite you to gloat and gab on where you plan to continue your education. Who knows, maybe you'll find out a few of you are all going to the same college and can room together.

Next year, or this summer, rather, I will be attending my first year at the United States Air Force Academy. So, I'm working out hardcore now, 4 times a week, running in the mornings and what have you, preparing myself for the difficult year ahead.

With that, I'll leave you now to discuss amongst yourselves.

PEACE

gimp
04-21-2005, 09:35 PM
I'll be graduating college!! YAY! :clap:

BobTheCow
04-21-2005, 09:36 PM
Christopher Newport University. (It's in Virginia. Near the BEACH, suckers.)

e: Language is fun, this is not SA. :tard:

Warewolf50
04-21-2005, 09:37 PM
Ill be going to Indiana University next year, Go hoosiers.

tropical_fishy
04-21-2005, 09:47 PM
Trinity, CT as of right now. Depends on if GW or Wellesley give me $$$.

But I want to go to Trinity...

steimway
04-21-2005, 10:31 PM
Next year, or this summer, rather, I will be attending my first year at the United States Air Force Academy.

Cool, I've got a buddy who's going there right now. He's just going through recognition sometime this week and getting his wings, so his class is considered upperclassmen and they stop getting so much "additional hardship" from the older kids.

Good luck with training; he said that the phys. tests aren't too hard, but being fit couldn't hurt.

And if anybody is going to Middlebury next year, congrats, and I'll see you in the fall.

spyderkiller
04-21-2005, 10:31 PM
Air Force Academy? Wow, you must be a genius, seeing as how the AFA is supposedly harder than Harvard. I actaully knew a guy who failed out of the AFA, transferred to Stanford and maintained a 4.0 through his graduation. What's involved physically that you have to work out so much to get ready? Or is it just the physical well being overall and wanting to be able to handle the stress of such a difficult school? Are you committing to the Air Force after college then? I currently am attending Western Michigan University and am on ROTC scholarship, so I'll be going active duty Army after college as an officer. Is that how it works in the Air Force? Just kind of curious.

SpecialBlend2786
04-21-2005, 10:36 PM
Whittier College.

Kevmaster
04-21-2005, 10:36 PM
Christopher Newport University. (It's in Virginia. Near the BEACH, suckers.)

e: Language is fun, this is not SA. :tard:

yo! not to thread hi-jack...but a buddy or two of mine and i are going to the skynyrd concernt in portsmouth this july (three weeks before IAO). just wanted to see if you wanted to go. Kev

MagmanLee
04-21-2005, 10:55 PM
Duke University

SpecialBlend2786
04-21-2005, 11:51 PM
It's getting to that time when people are making their decisions on where to go to college. So, fellow highschool seniors, I invite you to gloat and gab on where you plan to continue your education. Who knows, maybe you'll find out a few of you are all going to the same college and can room together.

Next year, or this summer, rather, I will be attending my first year at the United States Air Force Academy. So, I'm working out hardcore now, 4 times a week, running in the mornings and what have you, preparing myself for the difficult year ahead.

PEACE

my friend is still waiting to hear from them. Damn there are a lot of requirements

Vex
04-22-2005, 05:38 AM

Good luck at the USAF Academy!

mikey101
04-22-2005, 08:38 AM
I'll be heading up to Colorado State University come august.

rkjunior303
04-22-2005, 08:52 AM
Trinity, CT as of right now. Depends on if GW or Wellesley give me $$$.

But I want to go to Trinity...

Wellesley, as in up in MA?

Mikey B
04-22-2005, 09:38 AM
University of Minnesota: Duluth :headbang:

CaptaiN_JacK
04-22-2005, 09:45 AM
Hamline University, St. Paul, Minnesota

SCpoloRicker
04-22-2005, 10:41 AM
Bovine University

All the military academies have a service requirement. When I was considering it, IIRC, it was 3 years active or 6 reserve. They are extremely selective; I had multiple interviews with officers in my area, flew out for a visit, etc. They also pay you to get two degrees, an engineering degree and the one of your choice.

If your capable enough to get in, and want to serve, its the best option available by far.

/Go Navy
//uh, hi Army
///*runs*

AllAmericanMag
04-22-2005, 04:01 PM
Illinois State University

Music Education Major w/ Double Bass Concentration

AcemanPB
04-22-2005, 05:03 PM
Georgia Institute of Technology in Atlanta Georgia.

Warewolf50
04-22-2005, 07:38 PM

Are u from atlanta casue most people down here jsut refer to it as Ga Tech, never actually heard it called Georgia Institute of Technology

JoeyBear
04-22-2005, 09:44 PM
Illinois State University

Music Education Major w/ Double Bass Concentration

Good luck at ISU. I had a buncha friends who went there....and graduated. I wish I was heading back to school. 2 Bach. and 2 Master's degrees and I still miss school.

jaredborne
04-22-2005, 10:00 PM
Im at Herzing college in New Orleans

College sux :cuss: :dance: :cuss: :dance:

Alpha
04-22-2005, 10:09 PM
College college.. My parents really want me to go, but I could care less. I'm taking my graduation summer off and living with my dad in NH and hunting/paintballing, then enlisting that fall. After I get out of the marines, I'd like to go into the paintball field, maybe open up a small shop or a field. No idea if paintballs still going to be around then... Hope so.

I can tell you what I DONT want to do. I recently went to a corporate meeting with a bunch of middle aged guys makign excuses for the problems they created instead of solutions.. I do not want to be a pencil pushign suit.

xmetal2001
04-22-2005, 11:15 PM
Miami University up in Oxford, Ohio.

AcemanPB
04-22-2005, 11:19 PM
Are u from atlanta casue most people down here jsut refer to it as Ga Tech, never actually heard it called Georgia Institute of Technology

I'm about 2 hours south of Atlanta. I normally call it Ga. Tech I just typed out the "offical name" just because.

frop
04-23-2005, 12:46 AM
Don't go to UNO in Lima, it's teh suck. :(

tropical_fishy
04-23-2005, 12:10 PM
Wellesley, as in up in MA?

Yeah. Wellesley, as in the all-girls school up in MA. :mad: What mother wants...

TDonovan
04-23-2005, 12:15 PM

PEACE

You've gotta be damn happy about that, nice job! I was pretty much locked in to attend Westpoint US Military Academy... Then we encountered a big problem in that I'm allergic to peanuts. ROTC then denied me based on that, and USMA gave me a waiver (thank goodness). Instead of getting IN to the USMA, the allergy landed me a nice spot on the waiting list.

So, I'm going to University of Illinois unless USMA comes through.

Chris at Tech
04-23-2005, 12:30 PM

Nice! I'm an alum ;) Good luck!

Gitaroo Man
04-23-2005, 01:11 PM
University of Puget Sound in Washington State...45 min outside Seattle

Derman2k
04-25-2005, 11:10 AM
Elmira College in NY.

Warewolf50
04-25-2005, 03:21 PM
Elmira College in NY.

I have a friend who might be going there if he dosent get into seracuse off the wait list.

Derman2k
04-25-2005, 08:07 PM
I have a friend who might be going there if he dosent get into seracuse off the wait list.

cool. thats a long way for you. he play paintball?

Warewolf50
04-25-2005, 08:50 PM
cool. thats a long way for you. he play paintball?

used to alot, but like me has kinda fallen out lately, he got a girl friend ditched paintball and most of us, but i think he wasnt to get back into it. He has actually posted on here once or twice.