PDA

View Full Version : Dusty EMag

STONE PILOT
04-22-2005, 02:15 PM
I bought one of the first EMags that came out a few years back #558, it had been sitting on a shelf with my other two ZMags/Rt valves collecting dust for over a year maybe longer.

Last weekend I cleaned all three and took them out with some friends, and my EMag Ripped, no ball chops, and nothing but smooth sailing for all three mags. My friend who used the Zmag with the RT valve, did not want to part with it, said to name my price. but i couldn't bare to part with it as I built it from scratch( I hear Z grips are no longer made as well, if you never held one, you don't know what your missing, COMFORT!!!).

Well, now I know or better yet have been reintroduced to Automag quality. Its a shame they don't make them(EMags) anymore as I have read, but i won't part with mine!!! :hail:

My question is, how good or is a level10 really needed to make Emags better??? not too keen on having a fomie back on a bolt!!!!

please advise as per your experience.

thank you

BTW Mel in NJ sold me my EMag!!! i'm sure some of you know him!!!

BigEvil
04-22-2005, 02:22 PM
Welcome to AO and welcome back to the mag family !!

The LVL 10 is a must. Unless you plan on changing the board and installing eyes, definately invest in one.

I can also guess that your software is probably one of the older versions (1.xx) or something. 3.2 is the latest. It doesnt have many features like some of the other newer electros, but it is a nice improvment over the previous software versions. The shot buffer alone is worth the time to get the gun flashed.

You'll also find a few other refinements that are out now, such as the ULT trigger kit. Im not sure of the compatablity with the older RT/Retro valves though....

STONE PILOT
04-22-2005, 02:28 PM
Thanks Big, yeah My software has never been updated, how does one go about getting the latest? Sorry for being a noob. And as per your input, i will order a Lvl10.

is the level 10 hard to fine tune??? again i feel like a noob.

thanks for your input!!!

FutureMagOwner
04-22-2005, 02:53 PM
level 10 is really simple to install, miscue (a moderator here) made a video way back in the beta days of it that i think is still around somewhere, that shows how easy it is to install

MicroMiniMe
04-22-2005, 03:06 PM
Well since your in NJ, I'd just contact Tunaman here on AO. Mod and a dealer. He will flash the Emag board and install the Level 10 and tune it. You'll just have to retweak it once the o-rings break in and it starts to leak down the barrel. Though some can get away without level 10 if they don't normally chop. But newer software Emag it would be recommended. If the mechs are OK now, you might not want the small trouble of level 10 on all of them. But it is a good upgrade bang for buck once properly installed.

mcdkid
04-22-2005, 04:22 PM
is the lvl10 worth it? ask tom-

http://www.airgun.com/xmag/html/toungue1.avi

Codekevin0403
04-22-2005, 04:34 PM
whoa that movies scary. What if something went wrong.

He'd have a nice hole for a tounge ring though... :D

Soopa Villain17
04-22-2005, 04:42 PM
if your from nj then tunaman is your mag man , he can do the software flashing and stuff i belive and anything else you could want

STONE PILOT
04-22-2005, 06:03 PM
Thank you for the many responses,I will look Tunaman up!!!

Mag-on :D

TheTramp
04-23-2005, 03:25 AM
The L10 turned my E-Mag from a pretty good gun into the gun I KNOW will shoot whatever crappy paint I've got in whatever crappy conditions I'm playing in. If I need speed I try my Timmy, if that isn't working I know I'll get almost as much out of my E-Mag which always works.

Others have had issues tuning their L10's but I just followed the directions that came with it and have NEVER had to change anything.

STONE PILOT
04-23-2005, 02:32 PM
Tramp, that sounds like a ringing endorsement. I'm all over it!!!