PDA

View Full Version : RT-Pro sear loose?

Carbon Blue
04-22-2005, 04:32 PM
Hey i just purchased an rt-pro sear brand new and when i got it, it seems to have some play where the sear itself actually connects to the sear pin assembly (where it pivots). It has some play and its able to move from side to side. I just wanted to know if this is normal because my older sear (stock am/mm sear) has no play at all. thanks

Boydster
04-23-2005, 07:34 PM
I've seen some that do it, some that don't. I don't know if it causes a problem or not, but you can fix it if you want.

Just get standard pliers and grab the brass piece that looks like it's sticking out away from the pin that connects the two parts(if that makes any sense). Grab it at the part that's closest to the sear rod and just bend it back into it's normal position.

stop whining buy a mag
04-23-2005, 08:42 PM
If your talking about the sear pin being slightly smaller than the diameter of the hole in the sear than it should be that way. There should be just a little play in it so it will rotate freely with a little oil.

Carbon Blue
04-27-2005, 12:46 AM
hmmm thanks boydster.. anyone else got any input??

A-Tach-One
04-28-2005, 09:59 AM
Hey are you putting the sear on a AM rail useing a AM/MM pin? If so that doesn't work. me. Rt pro sears require RT pro pins that are sold seperately at AGD or Themagsmith.com. Pm me and let me know. Thanks.
Does your pin look like this? http://store.airgun.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=catalog.prodInfo&productID=417&categoryID=95

Carbon Blue
04-28-2005, 11:24 AM
Oh i plan on using this rt pro sear of mine ( i think i bought it off you) on my karta body ( which uses an emag rail) since those need the rt pro sears. I never knew i had to purchase an axle pin for it to work? I thought the bushing served as the pin once it was placed in the rail?

A-Tach-One
04-28-2005, 11:42 AM
Ya, When I bought that sear for my buddy, didn't realize it wouldn't work in AM rail and the Am pin wasn't compatable. Got that from www.TheMagsmith.com or www.WhitewolfAirsmithing.com and they didn't come with a rt pin. Wish I had one for ya.