PDA

View Full Version : tuning a spacer kit (lvl 7) to not chop?

Infratracide
04-22-2005, 04:54 PM
Hey, so i just put new spacer in my good old minimag to stop a bolt-stick leak. It seems to chop paint more than it should (i know what your thinking, im not getting a lvl 10 for this)

Basically im asking if i can put a bigger or smaller spacer in to to reduce chops. I havent messed around very much with the spacers, i just tried 3 and this is the one that fits, (its a .215) So if i wanna stop the chops, is it bigger or smaller?

Tunaman
04-22-2005, 06:11 PM
Hey, so i just put new spacer in my good old minimag to stop a bolt-stick leak. It seems to chop paint more than it should (i know what your thinking, im not getting a lvl 10 for this)

Basically im asking if i can put a bigger or smaller spacer in to to reduce chops. I havent messed around very much with the spacers, i just tried 3 and this is the one that fits, (its a .215) So if i wanna stop the chops, is it bigger or smaller?Those spacers do nothing to stop chopping. If the gun doesnt leak and and you get no bolt stick dont mess with the spacers anymore. Check to make sure you have the latest parabolic powerfeed plug and that the tip of the bolt has a nice radius on it. These two items will help with your chopping problems. Make sure to do a drop test on the paintballs and make sure it isnt crappy paint first. ;)

AGDlover
04-23-2005, 10:35 AM
ya with the spacers on a lvl7 it wont do anything to stop choping it only makes a diff if you have bolt stick

onedude36
04-24-2005, 06:11 PM
I believe part of the choping problems was partly that some lvl 7's had square tips. They fractured the next ball in line, when that ball fired, it would burst appearing like a chop. I believe you can round the tip of the lvl 7 to stop this. I forgot where I read this, so I didn't make it up to all those flamers out there.

bigpoppa7979
04-27-2005, 12:10 PM
Check to make sure you have the latest parabolic powerfeed plug and that the tip of the bolt has a nice radius on it.

How do I know if I have one of these "parabolic powerfeed" plugs?

Nobody077
04-28-2005, 09:19 PM
Take a look at Havoc's web site http://www.havoc-online.com/11668.html There is a side by side picture of the feedplugs a little more than half way down the page. This should help you figure what type you have