PDA

View Full Version : Problem with yahoo homepage.

tony3
04-23-2005, 10:34 AM
Yahoo is my homepage and it is acting really strange. The top toolbar thing that has the yahoo logo then 3 icons on each side like mail, shop, personalize etc those don't work, you can click them and nothing happens. Also, when I click any of the links such a sports or games it goes to yahoo search and searches games or sports depending on what I click on. This just started happening from what I can tell, 1-2 days ago. I have checked my programs and see nothing out of the ordinary running and I also cleared all cookies and that didn't help. I also ran ad-adware, to no avail.

Edit: Also google is acting strange, know when you search well known topics like baseball or something there will be ads on the side and it will have quick links on the top to big baseball sites? Well none of that is coming up for me. Yahoo does the same.

Edit:Edit: I can't get to gmail from this computer, need to go on other comp. Heres a pic of the yahoo homepage for me, look at it on your computer, much different. It is different on my other computer aswell. The blurred out parts were bad words.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v622/tonylandek/Untitled-1copy.jpg

WickeDKlowN
04-23-2005, 11:30 AM
I have no idea, so I'm going to use the default answer of spyware/adware.

Try Ad-Aware/Spybot/Spy Sweeper/whatever you prefer.

tony3
04-23-2005, 12:31 PM
Already did, no avail.

tony3
04-23-2005, 10:15 PM
Anyone, this sucks. If someone searches for something on google and sends me the link, it won't open.