PDA

View Full Version : Im Sellin Out

overkill8000
04-23-2005, 08:00 PM
ok im sellin out guys (and girls), my freind has bashed me down to sellin my a-5.

my question is what would be a good gun for under 400

plus there a guy i no sellin a angel hopper and nitro tank for 650 not sure what kind but i no the hopper is a halo b electro.

so if yall could help me out.................

mag-owner
04-23-2005, 08:03 PM
well, you are on automags.org.....AUTOMAGS.org..... i say use the 400 to build your own mag...i think you will be much a happier :)

overkill8000
04-23-2005, 08:04 PM
my freind has a custom withe x vaulve and thats like 400 right there and thats not to nice i mean i would want a elctro grip and body too and that can get expensive............

WARPED1
04-23-2005, 08:05 PM
Buy an Ion for $285, you won't be sorry.

overkill8000
04-23-2005, 08:06 PM
srry i no there durable but im not in to the plastick and everyone gettin them im sick of ions

overkill8000
04-23-2005, 08:10 PM
i no i cant be picky for under 400 acutally i can go 500

tyrion2323
04-23-2005, 08:14 PM
ok im sellin out guys (and girls), my freind has bashed me down to sellin my a-5.

my question is what would be a good gun for under 400

plus there a guy i no sellin a angel hopper and nitro tank for 650 not sure what kind but i no the hopper is a halo b electro.

so if yall could help me out.................

Why do you listen to your friend so much? Sounds like he's a bit of a tool.

Plus, how much paintball are you going to be playing that your A5 won't be able to keep up? Do you honestly need it, or are you just getting a new one for the sake of it.

overkill8000
04-23-2005, 08:19 PM
to be honest im kinda a newb i have only been playin almost a year and he been playin 5 years so i figure he nows what hes takin about.......

overkill8000
04-23-2005, 08:30 PM
i mean him and another freind got me into it and help a lot. well he was busy when i went to buy it, and i was goin to get an outcast, and the store didnt have any and me not nowin much listen to the store manager. who only nows about tippmanns and got an a-5

i no a lot of ands sorry

master_alexander
04-23-2005, 08:36 PM
do you hhave a hopper or tank?

sounds to me like you would do well with an ion... or the wrath...

or if you can get an emag, or just a mag...

or a bko with a z grip :)

overkill8000
04-23-2005, 08:38 PM
do you hhave a hopper or tank?

sounds to me like you would do well with an ion... or the wrath...

or if you can get an emag, or just a mag...

or a bko with a z grip :)

was that a question or a poem .........

gc82000
04-23-2005, 08:38 PM
man there are a lot of deals you could find for 500. have you looked in the B/S/T part oof this forum or you could go on ebay to find a good deal. Good luck in your search and hope you get a good mag. :rolleyes:

overkill8000
04-23-2005, 08:40 PM
i wish i could get a good mag i was thinking a tac one, not for scenario but speed ball i like the look but then i would have to save up for a electro grip.

ojhspyro89
04-23-2005, 09:09 PM
:tard: Buy a b2k4 w/ PDS. They are very fast and reliable. Also i think u can get them NEW for that price if not lower. They can cycle at 36 cps, they shoot very fast too. Im an icd owner so what do u expect lol. Or wait for the b2k5 its supposed to be something special..... :tard:

stop whining buy a mag
04-23-2005, 09:53 PM
I'd have to disagree with any ICD product. I won a B2K4 and it was a POS. Wiring was messed up out of the box and the eyes didn't work right. After talking to the ICD tech I sent it in and had it back to me in 2 weeks. Not terrible turnaround time but could have been a little faster. I told him specifically to fix the eyes. He sends it back with 2 seals replaced and nothing else touched. So I send it back in again and it finally gets fixed. I didn't like the feel of it and it didn't shoot any better than my E-mag or Shocker so it went to Ebay. A regular at my local field had one without PDS. It chopped CONSTANTLY. He finally has it tamed now but that's after hours on the phone with ICD and a new reg+using an adjustable tank. The Matrix he picked up for 400 bucks three weeks later outperforms it in every way.

I'd also stay away from Angels. I haven't owned any of the latest models but I had an IR3, LCD and LED. The first two were total crap. Too hard to maintain and isn't very user friendly. The LED was ok since it was very simple but didn't have eyes and was very bulky.

I'd still say go with an Ion or buy a Mag. I thought about building myself a Vert-Frame, ULT, X-Valved Mag and it would only have costed me $450.

WARPED1
04-23-2005, 09:56 PM
Every gun ICD has made(I've owned them all except a Freestyle), has been a POS and never worked out of the box. I shot nearly a case and a half of paint after the tourney with my frsh out of box Ion, and EVERYTHING worked flawlessly(except for my fingers for the first 100 rounds)

BD_Paintball
04-23-2005, 10:07 PM
ion! that gun is the best gun on the matket for what it costs. you just cant go wrong there

WARPED1
04-23-2005, 10:30 PM
ion! that gun is the best gun on the matket for what it costs. you just cant go wrong there
Yes, true.

CKY_Alliance
04-23-2005, 11:43 PM
Why do you listen to your friend so much? Sounds like he's a bit of a tool.

Plus, how much paintball are you going to be playing that your A5 won't be able to keep up? Do you honestly need it, or are you just getting a new one for the sake of it.

Yes i am a tool.and hes not just listening to me i do believe he wants a new gun.I dont see anything wrong with using an A-5, would I? No
Reason i have been trying to talk him into getting a diffrent gun is because we are trying to start a team & play some rookie events in the CFOA. Im sure a tippman can hold its own,with a lot of extra money put into it.Instead you could save some money get a lighter/faster more compact gun for prolly cheeper then the sup'd up A-5.

If he wants to keep it that's fine its not my decision,but like i said i do believe he wants a different gun.
Appearently it wasnt the gun he wanted from the start since he went to get a different gun but got talked into the A-5.

frop
04-23-2005, 11:57 PM
well, you are on automags.org.....AUTOMAGS.org..... i say use the 400 to build your own mag...i think you will be much a happier :)

:sigh:

Expand your horizons, man. That being said, I love my mag :ninja:

ICP
04-24-2005, 12:03 AM
If you were originally looking for an outcast, then you could find a used E-cocker for around 500. The wrath seems like a decent gun, I used to have a T1 (the wraths predecessor) and it was a nice, fast shooting marker with ACE. hmmm, if your into tinkering, you could pick up a mag and spyder mag it. You could put together a nice one for $500. Good luck.

gortman44
04-24-2005, 02:11 AM
Ion, no way. Now that is a POS.

ICD. As long as you know how to operate and tune it right and know the gun. You will be fine. As with any gun even the ion.

I hate to say this but you can get a e bladed cocker for around there. but be carefull becasue the are loosing it ins paintball

AnimalMother
04-24-2005, 02:40 AM
Two members of my team use the Action Markers Diadem. IF you know where to look, you can get them for about $480, good high-end relatively inexpensive markers. They also have break-beam eyes.

Teamslayer76
04-24-2005, 05:58 AM
I would say easily the best deal in Paintball besides the automag/s are Bushmasters right now.

ON www.paintballgear.com or anywhere else

Bushmaster b2k4 w/pds - $299 Was $500
Bushmaster B2k2 wo/pds - $279 Was $400
Bushmaster BKO about $199-220 Was $270

Best deals in paintball.

Don't get the Ion no matter what anyone says. Its all completly plastic. Its lke paying 300 bucks for a Brass eagle.

tyrion2323
04-24-2005, 10:08 AM
Yes i am a tool.and hes not just listening to me i do believe he wants a new gun.I dont see anything wrong with using an A-5, would I? No
Reason i have been trying to talk him into getting a diffrent gun is because we are trying to start a team & play some rookie events in the CFOA. Im sure a tippman can hold its own,with a lot of extra money put into it.Instead you could save some money get a lighter/faster more compact gun for prolly cheeper then the sup'd up A-5.

If he wants to keep it that's fine its not my decision,but like i said i do believe he wants a different gun.
Appearently it wasnt the gun he wanted from the start since he went to get a different gun but got talked into the A-5.

Hey CKY,

I didn't mean to say that you were a tool. You've gotta admit, though - from the past three or four threads that overkill8000 has started, he hasn't really provided too much information...instead typing:

"my friends make fun of my A5, what should I buy?"
or
"my friends are riding my case because I shoot an A5"

etc. etc.

So, from what he has typed, it did sort of seem...toolish. With more information, it seems not to be the case. :)

WARPED1
04-24-2005, 10:52 AM
Ion, no way. Now that is a POS.

You are nucking futs. Ion is simply the best gun for the money. Is it the best gun ever? Well, no. There are better guns made. Like ICD? Hell no!

I would say easily the best deal in Paintball besides the automag/s are Bushmasters right now.

ON www.paintballgear.com or anywhere else

Bushmaster b2k4 w/pds - $299 Was $500
Bushmaster B2k2 wo/pds - $279 Was $400
Bushmaster BKO about $199-220 Was $270

Best deals in paintball.

Don't get the Ion no matter what anyone says. Its all completly plastic. Its lke paying 300 bucks for a Brass eagle.
The only plastic parts are the interchangeable body shells and the trigger. I know, I own one. Where are you getting your info? AO? The place where the majority of asses still hold a grudge because they're pissed at SP? Go out to the real world chief. That statement makes you reeeeeaaal stupid. Bunghole pirate...........

ultralight
04-24-2005, 11:59 AM
go to a field and test out every marker that they will let you get a hold of.

then pick which one you like the most and try to find it for sale in the classified forum.

my personal pics would be:

mechanical: build a mag (c'mon folks, you knew that was coming.)

electro: look into the ion, wrath, diadem, ICD markers, and e/xmags.

just remember that you can always find a better deal used than new. markers are like cars, they depreciate in value very quickly as newer markers come to market.

browse through the classifieds, you might be surprised.

LudavicoSoldier
04-24-2005, 12:31 PM
Wheres a thought: Bash your friend with the A5, physically! It's a Tippy; it'll stand up the the abuse!

UTDragun
04-24-2005, 12:41 PM
dragun t1 "the one"
used 03 shocker
used timmy
b2k4 pds
used emag
wrath
used matrix (diablo, nyx, tmc, dm3)
used 04 freestyle
new aim timmy w/ integrated qev
e2 cocker
or
egrip w/ double trigger

imo, dont get ion, older than 05 speed angel, older than b2k4, stuff without eyes, bko, anything less than t1 from dragun, spyder, spyder clones, mag without xvalve, mechanical cocker(unless e2ing it)

peewee
04-24-2005, 03:05 PM
Get a ULE or tac one :shooting: i agree that the ion is a good marker for the $ thus far but Without a doubt the most durable problem free marker is the mag. Check with tuna about a tac one he has been moving them pretty low.

phelix
04-24-2005, 03:11 PM
The number of people who don't do their research and still think the ion is plastic is bringing AO closer and closer to PBN in my eyes.

SpecialBlend2786
04-24-2005, 03:57 PM
well, I say get a used angel.

JKR
04-24-2005, 04:05 PM
I say keep the A-5. Playing in rookie events shouldn't require anything special to be competitive, maybe a barrel. Heck, with today's postage stamp-sized fields, a new barrel might not even be necessary. Just try it in a few events. I think your buddy is trying to talk you out of an A-5 because it isn't flashy enough! :)

Justin

peewee
04-24-2005, 05:21 PM
its funny the single trigger for the mag has always been called plastic also. I dont worry about it. I like mine almost as much as my mags..

CKY_Alliance
04-24-2005, 06:31 PM
I say keep the A-5. Playing in rookie events shouldn't require anything special to be competitive, maybe a barrel. Heck, with today's postage stamp-sized fields, a new barrel might not even be necessary. Just try it in a few events. I think your buddy is trying to talk you out of an A-5 because it isn't flashy enough! :)

Justin

Yea he's got a nice J&J ceramic, its prolly like 14 inches somwhere round there.

And no im not tryin to talk him out b/c its not "flashy enough" i shoot an SS bodied single trigger mag.... enough said.~~not very FLASHY

Another reason i dont THINK he can use the A-5 in tournaments is becasue it's and RT..unless the r/t can be turned down so its legal...iono much about tippys..cept they are durable and reliable.

Automaggot68
04-24-2005, 09:49 PM
Go for an ION.

SIGSays
04-24-2005, 11:22 PM
ion

quik
04-25-2005, 12:47 AM
Upgrading is selling out?

Jeez I sold out a long time ago.

gc82000
04-25-2005, 05:06 AM
getting a new gun is not selling out, it is changing the needs of your game. and getting something smaller, lighter faster is better for Speedball then it is for rec or woodsball.

CKY_Alliance
04-25-2005, 08:39 PM
I dont think he meant selling out as in your fav under ground "punk" band becomes the flavor of the week type sell out (not really sellign out ~~to most it is...)
I think he meant selling out as in he's selling his stuff.

AGD202
04-25-2005, 09:22 PM
ULE Mag w/ ULT Trigger... cant beat them for 400

magman#1
04-25-2005, 10:15 PM
i have an angel lcd and i like it a lot.