PDA

View Full Version : lvl7 chuffing?

onedude36
04-23-2005, 10:16 PM
Ok, my hyperframed mag is chuffing when I fire fast. I have a hyperframe, 20bps board, ult w/ four shims(was at three), lvl 7 in right now, have lvl 10 on hand w/ one shim. when i fire with one finger, it works, when I walk it, it chuffs every other shot. I have an armageddon turned up with a full tank. Any ideas?

onedude36
04-23-2005, 10:47 PM
any ideas? it did this with the lvl 10 with 1 and 2 shims with gold spring.

onedude36
04-23-2005, 11:43 PM
Anyone?

frontrunner
04-24-2005, 12:16 AM
a friends mag was doing that the other day he had a level 10 so when he explain to me what it was doing i was like easy LX i can fix it quick but when i got it i realise the bolt was reseting and everything was fine level 10 wise it ened upo being a gummed up on /off pin i'd say clean and lube everything well to start off with

onedude36
04-24-2005, 12:37 AM
cleaned it sometime last week, lubed the crap out of it. Played saturday. Probably clean and lube again. Any other ideas?

nicad
04-24-2005, 01:10 AM
Remove the bolt spring, sear, ball detent(s), and barrel.. put everything else back together like normal.

DO NOT GAS IT UP!

tilt it forward and see if the bolt slides freely in the body/breach. might need to bump it a some.
once the bolt is forward, push with your finger in from the front and see how easy it is to push back. Other than in the VERY back position, the bolt should slide freely. if there is any amount of drag, that could be causing the problems.

out!

tyrion2323
04-24-2005, 06:18 AM
I'm wondering - how many psi do you have in your tank when it's chuffing? Does it happen all of the time, or only at low PSI?

BlackVCG
04-24-2005, 12:18 PM
Either a low input pressure problem, bolt dragging on detent or in the body (see nicad's post) or gummy piston or on/off pin. Put grease (dow33) on the on/off pin and piston o-ring and go from there. Also, check the battery in the hyperframe.

onedude36
04-24-2005, 01:00 PM
I have enough pressure, like 900+ psi going out of the armagedon, 3000 left in tank. I have a delrin detent, I have no idea what kind though. The bolt does catch ever so slightly on the detent. I could back out the detent a little, but I worry about my empire feeding past the detent. Ill try it any way. I dont have any realy high quality grease, just pmi crap. I will buy some though.

tyrion2323: only chuffs when I shoot at like13+ bps, no matter how much is in the tank.

Another thing just started. I have a new battery btw, The solenoid will engage, but the safety will stop it, when the safety is off :tard: This is an start/stop type of problem. I was ripping away, (still chuffing btw) then it just stopped. I hear the solenoid trying to go, but it is stopped by the safety.Any one have a schematic for hyperframes with a detailed safety diagram?

onedude36
04-24-2005, 06:46 PM
should I just remove the mechanical safety?

Automaggot68
04-24-2005, 07:07 PM
should I just remove the mechanical safety?

NO.

magman007
04-24-2005, 08:19 PM
piut a new battery in it first. thats the first thing you should always do. and its probabally the root of your problem, chuffing is caused by short stroking, which it sounds like the solenoid is doing because of not enough power.

and yea remove the mech safty, just switch the gun off when not in use.

onedude36
04-24-2005, 09:09 PM
I'm going to remove the safety then. I have a new battery in it.