PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know where I can get a new boo-yaah battery?

TylerDurden
11-23-2001, 05:03 PM
Does anyone know where I can get a new boo-yaah battery? Mine doesn't charge, and i've tried everything.

SINIKA CAPTAIN
11-23-2001, 07:37 PM
HEY JUST USE A REGULAR NI-CAD 9-VOLT BATTERY THAT WAY ITS STILL RECHARGABLE AND CHEAPER THEN GETTING IT THRU BOO-YAH

PyRo
11-23-2001, 08:43 PM
Sinka once again with the caps, its annoying :)
The Boo yaah battery is rechargable, thats why he wants it.
To the best of my knowlage the only way to get a replacement would be to order it directly from the company. A paintball store might be able to get it for you, I don't know of any online ones though.
Also, is it possible the charger is broken, and not the battery?

llewsirc
11-23-2001, 11:21 PM
Hey you can just get a set regular rechargable batteries and a charger. and you can use them for you hopper and for the grip. Be careful that you dont leave any juice in the battery or it will develop a memory and it wont hold a very long charge.

TylerDurden
11-23-2001, 11:24 PM
Alright guys, thanks.:) :p

PyRo
11-24-2001, 05:47 AM
Their is a special kind of rechargable you need for your hopper (could possibly need in the boo yaah too). Most 9v rechargables are actually putting out 7 or so volts. Read the back of the package on them, they tell you. I forget where it is, but their is a place that sells 9v batteries that actually put out 9v.

markhauguel
11-25-2001, 02:44 PM
What you actually need to look for is a NiMH (nickel metal hydride) rechargable. they put out about 8.6v and don't have memory. they are available through most stores like Meijer and Walmart. It is actually hard to get Nicad bateries now because of cadmium (sp.) Look for eveready or something like that. The Booyaah charger is just a 12v supply with a 50 ohm resistor in a box on the cable. A NiMH battery can be left on the charger all the time so it is ready whenever you need it. The batteries do run about 10 bucks though. I hope this helps. Good luck.