PDA

View Full Version : warp feed: pros and cons

PaInTbALL zAcH
11-23-2001, 05:21 PM
Please help. I'm trying to decide if I should get a warp feed. I currently am leaning more towards getting one then not. People who own the warp feed tell me the problems and advantages to having warp feed on a RETROMAG. Thanks guys.

FooTemps
11-23-2001, 05:30 PM
You should buy the warp in my opinion.

The warp brings the hopper down so the hopper hits are out of the picture.
The warp can be tilted any way and it can still load so when you snap shoot, life is easier.
The warp does set the balance of the mag off so you might need to angle your tank to the left or right to fix that balance problem.
You don't need to change to your odd hand to shoot on the other side. All you need to do is tilt your marker out the side and you're set.
The warp does add a little weight, but not enough to weigh you down with whole setup.
I can't think of anything else but if you don't want the warp then go buy a halo...

FeelTheRT
11-23-2001, 08:09 PM
---Pros---
reliable consistant feeding
fast
reduces size when shooting
never chop again

---Cons---
heavy
bulky
uncomftable with soem people
unable to shoot on one side

FooTemps
11-23-2001, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by FeelTheRT
---Pros---
reliable consistant feeding
fast
reduces size when shooting
never chop again

---Cons---
heavy
bulky
uncomftable with soem people
unable to shoot on one side

You can shoot on both sides... All you need to do is tilt the gun. You don't need to switch hands. Just tilt the mag so the barrel just pops out and then take a shot...

magman007
11-23-2001, 11:20 PM
yea, foo is right, unless you got your warp set up funkey

Bad Dave
11-24-2001, 04:27 AM
Yes, you can tilt the gun over but it takes a bit of time and patience to set it up rght for you, my advice is to tighten up on the hosing by drilling the hopper and then move the whole unit in closer to the gun.

Once u get a warp I would recommend getting a case of paint and practicing with it, set it up make sure it works consistently. You will need to practice snap shooting out both sides cos it has just changed the balance of your gun and u will need to adjust.

I find it easier to tilt the gun over when standing not kneeling/crouching. Make sure it does not get you into the bad habts of just shooting loads of paint.

FeelTheRT
11-24-2001, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by FooTemps

You can shoot on both sides... All you need to do is tilt the gun. You don't need to switch hands. Just tilt the mag so the barrel just pops out and then take a shot...

I don't switch my hands. If you try to tilt your gun and shoot from the left side, your shoulder sticks out. Try it in front of a mirror and you'll understand. Now, maybe other people are able to reach their guns farther out so their shoulder's can stay behind the bunker, but it's very uncomftable for me and i've not very flexable at all..

AGD
11-24-2001, 12:19 PM
Shoot out the left side by switching hands with a regular gun. While you are in that position, notice that your right hand is about 6 inches in front of your left hand. This position is what everyone says they are comfortable with shooting left without a warp.

Now switch hand positions, with your right hand on the trigger and your left on the front grip. Notice that your hands only changed postition 6 INCHES! Somehow people that can't use warps can't deal with the 6 inch difference.

Just my observation,

AGD

deded
11-24-2001, 03:25 PM
Pros:

no hopper hits
no hopper hits
no hopper hits
high rof
small target area

did I mention no hopper hits?

Cons:

All the bad things that people say about the warp are a matter of personal preference. All of my friends that see the warp that play paintball think that it is wierd, because they are used to the hopper on top. But all of my friends who don't play paintball as much or have never played (and therefor have not been corrupted by the main stream:)) think that it looks cool, and makes the gun more compact.

But as I said... its all a matter of personal preference, and hopper hits ;)

Wheelman
11-24-2001, 05:23 PM
:( So say you take a hit on the feeder hose, is it strong enough to keep the balls in it from breaking? I know if you're eliminated it doesn't really matter cause you got time to clean it. But what it doesn't break on you gun and you have a few broken in the tube, I see one helluva mess there.

Cha0tic
11-24-2001, 05:53 PM
a hose hit can break balls in the hose. the one thing i don't like about the warp is that if you break a ball in the hose, or chop and get paint in the hose, you are done for in the game.

PaInTbALL zAcH
11-24-2001, 10:49 PM
Well in a couple of weeks I'll go talk to Team Dixie Reign (look under warp feed pics at airgun.com) and ask them out em. Maybe I can borrow it for a day or so. I usually see them at the tournies and stuff.

Miscue
11-24-2001, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by Wheelman
:( So say you take a hit on the feeder hose, is it strong enough to keep the balls in it from breaking? I know if you're eliminated it doesn't really matter cause you got time to clean it. But what it doesn't break on you gun and you have a few broken in the tube, I see one helluva mess there.

This solves the hose hit issue:

http://www.automags.org/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=125074

Cha0tic
11-25-2001, 12:38 AM
well, aren't you special miscue....

a bunch of people haven't done that mod though :(

PaInTbALL zAcH
11-25-2001, 03:19 PM
Miscue, how exactly did you do that mod? it looks kinda hard.