PDA

View Full Version : GEEZ....its heavy!

punkncat
04-24-2005, 08:23 AM
Well I just completed a trade for a warped Emag. I have always been curious about them. So I traded and got one.

First impression is that they look just as cool in person as they do in pictures. It looks like some sort of space age robocop weapon or something...lol I am just amazed at how heavy this thing is all together. I am considering making some sort of sling to tote this thing around with. It must weigh every bit of 8 pounds. I have been wondering if I should just get a tripod mount and stay at home all day( back middle bunker) and lay paint down like a machine gun battery....

I REALLY dig the hybrid mode. Going to be a lot of fun...he heh. I am going to use it for the first time in a tourny at the local field. I have a feeling by the end of the day I will definatly know if its my thing or not.

Awright, well I have to get out the door. Let you know more impressions when I get home.....if my arm hasn't fallen off from toting it around.....

The Action Figure
04-24-2005, 08:39 AM
lose the warp and ule everything

deathstalker
04-24-2005, 10:08 AM
Yep, a Warped E-Mag is definitely a tank. My kitchen scale tops out at 7 pounds and my setup bottoms out that scale faster than you can say "U-L-E". That's with no paint and no batteries in the HALO or Warp, either. Fully loaded, I'd wager dollars to cents it weighs 10+ pounds. Right now I'm set up for vert, and I don't think I'll Warp it until I start lifting again. I don't think my arms and shoulders could stand to haul it around for a full day's play.

As for Hybrid, I've found it really difficult to use (read: abuse) during play. It's a lot of fun when I'm just sitting around dry-firing, but for some reason I can't get it to its full potential when I'm on the field. ;) No matter, though, as I'm plenty fast in E thanks to magnets and HES.

WARPED1
04-24-2005, 11:47 AM
lose the warp and ule everything
Um, the whole reason he got it, was because he wanted to try a warped Emag. Try reading next time. :rolleyes:

punkncat
04-24-2005, 04:32 PM
OK so I am just a bit pissed. The Warp doesn't have the switch thingy required to make it spin when firing. The intelli swich or whatever....the LX is giving me fits just like it always did with my other mag....

So in essense I couldn't use my new marker today at all.

To top it off I think the guy I traded with turned the reg up too high on an HP tank and blew somethig up in the Angel I had as well.

:mad:

personman
04-24-2005, 05:07 PM
OK so I am just a bit pissed. The Warp doesn't have the switch thingy required to make it spin when firing. The intelli swich or whatever...
Dude... warps have vibration sensors...

master_alexander
04-24-2005, 05:14 PM

i think he wanted an intellifeed....

annyway i have a z griped rt mag (warped too), and it is HEAVY, without paint or air. annyway i still like it, iven if my arm does almost fall off. what really sucks is when you go skeet shooting and then play paintball with a heavy gun.

WARPED1
04-24-2005, 05:48 PM
OK so I am just a bit pissed. The Warp doesn't have the switch thingy required to make it spin when firing. The intelli swich or whatever....the LX is giving me fits just like it always did with my other mag....

So in essense I couldn't use my new marker today at all.

To top it off I think the guy I traded with turned the reg up too high on an HP tank and blew somethig up in the Angel I had as well.

:mad:
Oh well. Sell it, buy something else. Maybe even a lighter gun! :)

buzzboy
04-24-2005, 05:59 PM
You think thats heavy. Think of the Palmers guns. The Nasty typhoon unloaded is something like 15+ lbs. The grinder is at least 20-25lbs. But yeah. Warps look like they make the gun heavier on one side than the other. I would just play with out it.

punkncat
04-24-2005, 06:52 PM

Well is this thing onboard or does it plug into the port on the side? Cause mine doesn't do jack unless you press the little button....

personman
04-24-2005, 06:55 PM
It's onboard.
Unscrew that black panel and turn the blue pot until it starts spinning. If you turn it all the way then it will spin continuously. That's how you ajust it.

punkncat
04-24-2005, 07:05 PM
It's onboard.
Unscrew that black panel and turn the blue pot until it starts spinning. If you turn it all the way then it will spin continuously. That's how you ajust it.

OK , so if I turn the blue pot. and it does nothing, what does that mean?

What are all the jumpers inside for and is there an online manual for the warp?

athomas
04-24-2005, 07:10 PM
The Warp doesn't have the switch thingy required to make it spin when firing. The intelli swich or whatever....

Sure it does. All warp feeds have the 1/8" warp connector in the back. All you need is the warp cable to connect from the emag board to the warp feed. You also have to turn on the feature by properly placing one of the program pins on the warp board.

D-Block
04-24-2005, 07:31 PM
So I'm guessing it's a no-go on my Tac-One?

punkncat
04-24-2005, 07:52 PM
So I'm guessing it's a no-go on my Tac-One?

Yes that would be correct. I traded for this thing. Thanks for your consideration.

personman
04-24-2005, 09:06 PM
http://www.airgun.com/downloads/WarpInstructions.pdf

That's the manual, its not that great but it's something.
I dont really have a warp right in front of me, but in there it should show you how to tell if your sensor is turned on or not.

ben-afficial
05-02-2005, 09:39 AM
you people should relize that with good comes bad....with a mag its fast and reliable, but heavy....with cake its sweat and delicious,but you get diabeties and die a painfull death... :dance:

pointm@n
05-02-2005, 10:59 AM
The warp will work on just about any gun. Like someone posted, there is a vibration sensor built into the warp. The intellifeed cable can be bought optionally.

bushmanbilly
05-02-2005, 11:25 AM
The warp only adds 1 lb. I would sooner carry a little extra wieght than stand in the dead box with a hopper hit.

WARPED1
05-02-2005, 12:37 PM
The warp not taking hopper hits is moot. Ok, so your hopper doesn't get hit, but your chin or upper chest is now painted! Next.....
I had a warp on my old shoebox Shocker. It then wieghed 9 pounds with an empty tank and hopper! Mags are feathers!

Duzzy
05-02-2005, 12:42 PM
It depends on how you play. For people who tilt their hoppers to the side all the time the warp is a huge plus. Also, it is fun to pop out the top of your bunker once in a while with a warp.

Saying it does nothing but lets you get shot in the face and chest is incorrect. It isn't for everyone, but if all it did was change where you got hit why would people use it? I would rather take a hopper hit over a mask or neck hit anyday. Replacing lenses isn't fun, and getting shot in the neck is always an unpleasant experience.

WARPED1
05-02-2005, 12:44 PM
why would people use it? Not many do.

Duzzy
05-02-2005, 12:58 PM
Not many people use a lot of things. Just look at common sense, the search button, but that doesn't make them useless, or ineffective.

WARPED1
05-02-2005, 01:16 PM
Not many people use a lot of things. Just look at common sense, the search button, but that doesn't make them useless, or ineffective.
ROFLMAO!
I'm not saying the warp is useless. I had one or two, it was a pain in the arsehole to set up.
Whoever uses a warp and likes it, keep on truckin! :)

frop
05-02-2005, 02:11 PM
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I saved this thread just for that quote :hail: :cheers:

Duzzy
05-02-2005, 02:23 PM
I am glad I was able to make some people smile if nothing else... :cheers:

Punkncat, I now officially return you your thread.

Good luck with the warp E-mag. Buy an Intelli-feed cable and set the warp to the shortest spin time, it is so nice.

punkncat
05-02-2005, 02:51 PM
I actually came across new problems and solutions.

The Emag I got has a dead battery(to top everything else off) so removed all the warp gear and put it onto a mech RT I have. This solved many problems. One the Emag was too fast for the Warp so it was kinda pointless other than profile. Being that the Emag is heavy anyway, removing the warp helped in that department. The mech RT I have can't outshoot the warp feed, and made the whole rig considerable lighter with the Alpha Rail, no battery pack, etc. Also my RT has no LX, so being able to force feed it at a rate consistant to the ROF of the marker made sense.

Now the Emag is in the paintball closet awaiting me buying a new battery, and a clamping feedneck. I put an ULE vert body on it, and have a reloader B for it. It will be a new beast when I break it out again.

I took the Warped RT out to the field yesterday and had a great time with it. Its slower than many of the markers I am shooting against, but I have traditionally been accustomed to that, and did really well. I think people have a tendency to understimate people with "slower" markers....
I really like the ability to roll the gun from side to side and still fire. The profile is great, and honestly(after the switch) is no longer any heavier than my first nice cocker rig. I did learn the hard way that you must remember to "prime" the warp after you run out of balls, or you will shoot blanks first few shots. That sux big off the break.....

Duzzy
05-02-2005, 02:55 PM
I would seriously consider putting it back on the E-mag with a cable. You will have trouble outrunning it unless you have some crazy trigger fingers.

Also, do you not have a charger? There shouldn't be a need to buy a new battery, just get it charged up.

I actually came across new problems and solutions.

The Emag I got has a dead battery(to top everything else off) so removed all the warp gear and put it onto a mech RT I have. This solved many problems. One the Emag was too fast for the Warp so it was kinda pointless other than profile. Being that the Emag is heavy anyway, removing the warp helped in that department. The mech RT I have can't outshoot the warp feed, and made the whole rig considerable lighter with the Alpha Rail, no battery pack, etc. Also my RT has no LX, so being able to force feed it at a rate consistant to the ROF of the marker made sense.

Now the Emag is in the paintball closet awaiting me buying a new battery, and a clamping feedneck. I put an ULE vert body on it, and have a reloader B for it. It will be a new beast when I break it out again.

I took the Warped RT out to the field yesterday and had a great time with it. Its slower than many of the markers I am shooting against, but I have traditionally been accustomed to that, and did really well. I think people have a tendency to understimate people with "slower" markers....
I really like the ability to roll the gun from side to side and still fire. The profile is great, and honestly(after the switch) is no longer any heavier than my first nice cocker rig. I did learn the hard way that you must remember to "prime" the warp after you run out of balls, or you will shoot blanks first few shots. That sux big off the break.....

WARPED1
05-02-2005, 02:59 PM
And what gives?! Post some damn pics! :p

personman
05-02-2005, 03:03 PM
The warp not taking hopper hits is moot. Ok, so your hopper doesn't get hit, but your chin or upper chest is now painted! Next.....
You obviously have no idea how to play with a warp feed :rolleyes:

WARPED1
05-02-2005, 03:17 PM
You obviously have no idea how to play with a warp feed :rolleyes:
Well, I think I do. See, I been playing since 1989. I got a warp like the first week it came out! I just personally don't like them. See, if your guns out enough for you to get a hopper shot, but you use a war, thereby dropping your loader, you'll get hit where the hopper normally is, but the body instead. Use logic.

punkncat
05-02-2005, 03:24 PM
I would seriously consider putting it back on the E-mag with a cable. You will have trouble outrunning it unless you have some crazy trigger fingers.

Also, do you not have a charger? There shouldn't be a need to buy a new battery, just get it charged up.

I actually have two chargers as well as a home and car adapter for them both. One of the chargers seems messed up and the other seems to work fine. The led lights and changes colors correctly, so who knows.

I ran a test on the battery and it seems to be the weak link, so short of sending it to AGD, I am going to buy a battery from RRfireblade, hopefully have him charge it before sending, check the mag that way, and when it dies I will know if I need a new charger....

about pictures....was going to put one up earlier and found out that my 12 year old daughter took off with the digi cam w/o asking and now its lost somewhere. I will take that up with her when she gets home from school in about 20 minutes.....

punkncat
05-02-2005, 04:26 PM
Here is a pic of it.....

Logic V1 vert grip
Logic V1 Alpha Rail
ULE warp left body
Foregrip
Luke's custom warp drop adapter
SS Freak back w/ 10" freak front
RT valve w/ lvl 7
Warp and 12V revi

http://216.77.188.54/coDataImages/p/Groups/259/259802/pages/674767/warppics005(Small).jpg

personman
05-02-2005, 09:36 PM
Well, I think I do. See, I been playing since 1989. I got a warp like the first week it came out! I just personally don't like them. See, if your guns out enough for you to get a hopper shot, but you use a war, thereby dropping your loader, you'll get hit where the hopper normally is, but the body instead. Use logic.
You just further proved that you dont know how to play with a warp. I dont care if you've been playing as long as I've been alive.

hobbesTZ
05-02-2005, 10:51 PM
I see there's not much left of the 'mag I sold you :p

If I knew you liked long drops I wouldn't have hacked up the one it came with.

warpspyder
05-02-2005, 10:56 PM
You just further proved that you dont know how to play with a warp. I dont care if you've been playing as long as I've been alive.

Lol the way I play with the warp it does save me from many hopper hits. Then when you come out of the left side of the bunker (for right handed shot) you expose almost NOTHING, and don't even have to change your grip allowing you to come right back to the other side in almost no time at all. Plus when you go to reload, HA, the hopper's right there. Rather convenient don't you think? I like my warp, and don't plan on ever playing without it. There are people that don't like it and I respect that- it's all personal opinion.

jenarelJAM
05-03-2005, 12:14 AM
You obviously have no idea how to play with a warp feed

agreed, i use a qloader(same principle) and my eyes are in line with the barrel of my gun. that means that my head sticks up about an inch higher than the top of the feedneck, and if i had a hopper up there, it would be a good 3-4 inches above that. i figure, if i get hit in the head, i would have gotten hit in the gun, and there's not much you can do about that.

Duzzy
05-03-2005, 12:21 AM
Just remember that people shoot differently, so he may know how to use a warp, it just may not do him as much good as it does you.