PDA

View Full Version : New Powerfeed mainbody for 68 Automag still available?

Duff_Man
04-24-2005, 04:28 PM
68 Automag
Powerfeed mainbody
Level 10 upgrade
ULE Trigger Pull Kit
68ci/4500 Pure Energy carbon fiber tank

I see a picture of a Powerfeed mainbody on the AGD site, but no listing of one with a price. Is there such a thing as a “ULE” Powerfeed mainbody? Are they still available? Also, the picture of a Powerfeed mainbody that I see is cut diagonally on the end – mine is cut straight on both ends. What’s the difference? Does it have to do with the barrel threading? And if so, is it still possible to get a Powerfeed mainbody (either stock or ULE) with the AGD quarter-turn “connection”? I really like the way it works! I also see that dye doesn’t appear to offer the Boomstick with Automag “threading” like I have. Is it more difficult to get barrels with Automag threading now, and is there something undesirable about the Automag thread?

Any comments on my markers' set-up (pro/con) are welcome as well.

Thanks in advance for the help!

onedude36
04-24-2005, 06:04 PM
No ule powerfeed bodies that I know of.
Pics of your body would help. minimag bodies have oval holes cut into the part that hangs over the barrel, classics are cut square at the end, ules are cut diagonally. There are twistlock centerfeed bodies, but they are rarer and heavier and take 'center feed twistlock barrels. you can mod your barrels to fit a stainless steel center feed. Docs machine makes twistlock to autococker thread barrel adapters. Ule bodies take autococker threaded barrels, not twistlock (what you have) ule bodies only come in vert, warp left, and rarely warp right.

Twistlock barrels are rarer, but in general, cheaper. There was a problem with different barrel manufacturers not making the barrels up to specs in the chamber area. Twistlock also was found to give slight inaccuracies at very high rates of fire. I think my twistlock minimag is more accurate with my dye barrel, than with my x valve with my pipekit, probably due to bad paint(gimme a break, it was FREE)

Also, your set up is great for rec ball, and if the ult works, dont mess with it. you have part of the lucky few CLASSIC mags that have ults working well. Oh yea, get an old school revy (pre Brass Eagle) to keep up.

Duff_Man
04-24-2005, 07:13 PM
Thanks onedude.

I'm going to try to attach pics of my mag and barrel so you can see it.

The reason I was asking about the body is because I thought it would be fun to upgrade later to a lighter body because the gun is a little heavy. Are Powerfeeds a thing of the past then? I thought the Powerfeed corrected the problem of air blowing balls back up the into the hopper on non-powerfeed bodies. Am I barking up the wrong tree about slowly creating a lighter gun with new parts, but keeping the old school mechanics?

I'm using an Empire Reloader B - not old school but works great.

Thanks for the help.

athomas
04-24-2005, 07:29 PM
Also, the picture of a Powerfeed mainbody that I see is cut diagonally on the end – mine is cut straight on both ends. What’s the difference?

The diagonal cut bodies are from the retro and emag guns. The straight cut bodies are from the classic guns. The classics are actually lighter due to being a tad shorter. There is no difference other than that.

The power fed bodies reduced blow back for guns with the level 7 bolt. The new level 10 bolt has less blowback because the bolt stays forward longer. The level 10 bolts won't chop even if the ball does get caught.

The steel bodies use twist lock barrels. The new ULE bodies use cocker threaded barrels. Not as many manufacturers are producing a line of twist lock barrels.

Duff_Man
04-24-2005, 09:12 PM
Thanks athomas, I'm getting a clearer picture, but let me make sure I understand:

Since I have a lvl 10, I don't need to worry about having a powerfeed mainbody - I could get a ULE Vertical Feed mainbody as long as I don't mind also getting a new barrel with cocker threading?

Also I would just have to pop the twist lock assembly out of the rail?

Would I be able to use my Empire Reloader B without any problem on a ULE mainbody?

Thanks again!

dj89
04-24-2005, 09:20 PM
Thanks athomas, I'm getting a clearer picture, but let me make sure I understand:

Since I have a lvl 10, I don't need to worry about having a powerfeed mainbody - I could get a ULE Vertical Feed mainbody as long as I don't mind also getting a new barrel with cocker threading?

Also I would just have to pop the twist lock assembly out of the rail?

Would I be able to use my Empire Reloader B without any problem on a ULE mainbody?

Thanks again!

Yes
Yes
Yes, you may need to sand your feedneck tho.

If you need any help you can talk to me with IM.

BTW sharp mag

Duff_Man
04-24-2005, 09:34 PM
Thanks dj. I appreciate the help!

athomas
04-25-2005, 06:02 AM
Like dj89 said. Yes to all. If the feedneck of the reloader is the same as a regular revy then you will be ok without sanding on the loader feedneck.

Duff_Man
04-25-2005, 08:46 AM
Great, thanks athomas. Thanks for all the help everyone!