PDA

View Full Version : Calling all police

Eagle
04-24-2005, 05:41 PM
I'll be testing with my local police department (Chesterfield County) in a couple of weeks. What can anyone tell me about what should I expect in the way of the written test, training, and application process, ie how long from the test until you started training? I just got out of the navy, and while I wasn't in law enforcement there, I did a little training with navy cops. I know every department is different, but any info would be helpful.

kosmo
04-24-2005, 09:53 PM
If youve ever watched Cool Hand Luke, its something like that. Only instead of hard boiled eggs its bottles of syrup. Wait maybe its more like Super Troopers, only with eggs. Either way, will there be an AO group discount on speeding tickets? :bounce:

Eagle
04-24-2005, 10:30 PM
lol, I love Super Troopers, that's why I want the job. I can't wait to get my hands on a radar gun! :D

Eatem Alive
04-24-2005, 10:54 PM
good luck, meow.

magman007
04-25-2005, 12:41 AM
hey eagle... if you do become an officer of the law... do you think i could get a courtesy card? because that would really come in handy

Eagle
04-26-2005, 09:13 AM
Come on, I know there are some cops around here some where?

thecavemankevin
04-26-2005, 09:19 AM
here piggy piggy piggy :)

i keed i keed.

Automaggin2
04-26-2005, 09:28 AM
PM Mango. He was a cop

Eagle
04-26-2005, 10:36 AM
yeah, you're the first one getting pulled caveman :D

shartley
04-26-2005, 11:33 AM
Department testing is different from place to place (written, psychological, and physical)… as is Academy training. So while folks may be able to give you some ideas as to how THEIR testing and training went, chances are it will not be the same for you anyways.

The same is true when asking about Police Department procedures and policies. Each department is different, with only the basics being the same. Each community develops standards and practices which must follow the laws but are suited for their community specifically.

Good luck and remember that even after training you will not know very much. It takes years on the job to truly be comfortable and know what needs to be known as well as to develop the skills needed to be a truly proficient police officer. Academies only give you the basics (much like when you were in the military).

(Yes, this comes from a former police officer.)