PDA

View Full Version : The jersey story

Carbon
04-25-2005, 10:46 AM
you wear a jersey?

anyway, i bought a new blue proto jersey for half cost, from some random dude. Now im not a jersey person myself but the oppertunity was there, so i thought, what the heck".

Its weird man, i dont want people to know i know what im doing. I think its kinda cool to the "darkhorse" chumpy looking guy.

Anyway, i still wear my blue 3/4 hoodie over it, she got too much mojo to ditch and +5 bounce factor.

Lohman446
04-25-2005, 10:50 AM
I own several jerseys, and several "top of the line" pants. I normally wear jeans and a t-shirt (unless else is required by the rules) along with my cleats to play... Paintball specific clothing is overrated

Carbon
04-25-2005, 10:54 AM
I own several jerseys, and several "top of the line" pants. I normally wear jeans and a t-shirt (unless else is required by the rules) along with my cleats to play... Paintball specific clothing is overrated

seriously man. A lot of that stuff is really gaudy. the only thing i would really spend money on is a good pair of pball pants.

shartley
04-25-2005, 11:00 AM
I used to wear BDU Pants, sweatshirt, and ball cap turned backwards when playing.

Now I wear Shartley Customs PDU Pants, Shartley Customs Jersey, Shartley Customs Ban-Du and Shartley Customs Neck Guard when playing.

Python14
04-25-2005, 11:02 AM
I where dye pants and usually a t-shirt. I have a jersey I wear occasionally...but rarely.

Chronobreak
04-25-2005, 11:08 AM
wear some old cargos..when thos go..its another pair or MAYBE some p-bal pants..but theyr soo $ and not all that worth it imo

i wear a 5+ year old jt jersey out of habbit

mandatory
04-25-2005, 11:31 AM
i like wearing other sports jerseys.....heres my list of favorite jerseys to sport ballin. Basketball: phionex suns "Marbury". football: minnesota vikings Randy Moss. Soccer: my pumas jersey bought in the border wait in mexico. Hockey: i played one time in my coveted hartford whalers jersey. I have over 25 jerseys but i only play in a few of them. some i never even wear. If you saw me at AO day norcal vs socal i was sportin my Miles LA clippers jersey. never had a paintball jersy though. too expencive and I dont really have that much brand loyalty in paintball yet.

mandatory
04-25-2005, 11:37 AM
I also agree with carbon in that paintball pants are a good value for what they provide ( its hard to find any other pants with a barrel swab paket). I have had a pair of Dye C4 pants for about 7 months now and havent gotten a rip or hole in them yet. I play on a dirt airball field and i slide alot so im pretty impressed with their robustness. I would say that pball pants are a good investmen while jersey are there just for looks and brand affilliation. ....im cool caus i wear all dye/ empire/ angel/ proto gear and i match better than a prom queen.

Carazy
04-25-2005, 12:18 PM
I used to wear BDU Pants, sweatshirt, and ball cap turned backwards when playing.

Now I wear Shartley Customs PDU Pants, Shartley Customs Jersey, Shartley Customs Ban-Du and Shartley Customs Neck Guard when playing.

lol was about to ask if you worked for shartley customs or something and then I saw your username :-P

I usually wear my teams jersey to the field because we're the fields team, however if its really hot I just might wear a wife beater and some paintball pants. I find the extra padding in the knees and the spots to hold the squegees a huge plus.

guysdaman
04-25-2005, 12:24 PM
definately have to agree on the pants....i think that pb specific pants afford good protection plus you have the conviences of barrel swab pockets and extra padding where needed... but jerseys are more of a fashion statement....i have two jerseys but i bought them both for very cheap and i wear them more when i'm not balling than when i am.

JimmyBeam
04-25-2005, 12:34 PM
actually ive been debating on this for a couple weeks now. i used to sport my DYE jersey every week. now im looking for an alternative. something just black or some other dark color that breathes well

Eatem Alive
04-25-2005, 12:45 PM
the only thing i would really spend money on is a good pair of pball pants.
i wear jt 'o4 tourney pants and jt skinz knee pads. those are the only items which i have deemed necesarry.

bound for glory
04-25-2005, 01:55 PM
od rip stop bdu pants. alot cheaper than "paintball" paints. and they will outlast anything dye makes. and you can take that to the bank. ;)

JimmyBeam
04-25-2005, 02:37 PM
od rip stop bdu pants. alot cheaper than "paintball" paints. and they will outlast anything dye makes. and you can take that to the bank. ;)

yea but i wear my Proto pants for the padding in the key areas

WenULiVeUdiE
04-25-2005, 02:39 PM
I wear the whole shabang, but I didnt want it that way. My old BDUs were worn out, ripped, and too small. Then I bought barely C4 pants for $35, which was too good to pass up. I won my Proto jersey at a charity event, so I always play in it to support the charity.

I could do without the jersey. It is not needed. But the pants are very nice to wear. They offer fairly good protection over BDUs and have some nice paintball specific characteristics(obviously).

Eatem Alive
04-25-2005, 02:41 PM
negative...one slide on fairly hard ground and they are done....speaking from experience

cdacda13
04-25-2005, 02:46 PM
i used to wear my old cargo pants while playing, buy once i slide into the snake and they ripped, i finnally bought Hybrids. I couldn't be happier, they breath, have padding in all the right places.
I never owned a jersey. I dont think that its nessicasy(sp). I could use the money that i would spend on the jersey, to buy more paint.

D-Block
04-25-2005, 03:01 PM
Black Cargo pants w/ kneepads underneath and an old old old Blue JT Jersey

68magOwner
04-25-2005, 03:20 PM
i always wear paintball pants (protos to be specific) becuase prior to getting paintball specific pants, i ripped countless pairs of regular pants, as far as jersey, i have a c4 jersey that i wear sometimes (normally rec play) but, mostly my team "jersey" (a long sleved black shirt that i screenprinted our stuff on), other times, just random shirts

rkjunior303
04-25-2005, 03:28 PM
negative...one slide on fairly hard ground and they are done....speaking from experience

exactly. too many blown out knees to count.

minimag03
04-25-2005, 03:32 PM
I love pb pants. I just think the are more comfortable to play in. If it's hot them I play in a t-shirt. If it is cold, then I play in my old dye jersey.

Maggot6
04-25-2005, 03:39 PM
Wow, this thread made me think of selling my jersey and just going to a sweatshirt again....:)

Torbo
04-25-2005, 03:45 PM
ive got a pair of 05 jt pants, theyre sick, well worth the money for the padding and comfort. Ive got an old pair of dye pants that have been great too, theyve lasted a year and a half of playing every week.
As far as jerseys, we practice in busted up smart parts jerseys, ive got a really old jt jersey that i wear sometimes, and we have empires for toruneys. During the summer i usually just wear a t shirt

mandatory
04-25-2005, 03:59 PM
yeah!!! sell that jersey. just another way the manufactureres are trying to get your money. :headbang:

Almeister
04-25-2005, 04:09 PM
I just wear camo shorts and a t-shirt with Fox shin/knee pads. If it's cold then I wear camo pants. I have better things to spend my money on. :shooting:

nt2004
04-25-2005, 04:09 PM
I think the full getup of pants, jersey, gloves, mask, etc. all from one company makes you look a bit like a tool. I used to wear dye pants, dye jersey, dye mask all together and now that i look back on it, i looked like an idiot. You see these kids with the full dye, proto, or empire wardrobe and, unless they are coated with sponsors, they actually look a little "noobish." I used to wear the full ensemble because i was new to the sport and i thought wearing all dye made you more intimidating.

Times have changed though. Now I wear just dye pants and gloves for the protection they offer. As for a jersey, I wear a black long sleeve shirt my team had lettered with a grey shirt over it. Offers plenty of protection and its more breathable than my old dye jersey.

Phrontman
04-25-2005, 04:16 PM
I agree with most of the aformentioned posts in that Paintball pants are a beautiful thing. Moving from khaki cargos to the CIRCLE agility (www.circlepaintball.com) was amazing. It actually did help me step up my game! On the other hand, I dont wear any Paintball Jersey. Ive got an old button up baseball Tee from a store I used to work at (The Sports Barn). Me and a couple of the co-workers all owned mags, so whenever we play together we all wear the old employee jerseys. Its fun. Other than that, I just wear whatever shirt that I dont wear on a regular basis...Livin in Southern Cali, You dont really need to worry about the cold :D

FreakBaller12
04-25-2005, 04:24 PM
I actually don't agree with you guys. I like wearing my paintball specific clothes. I wear my diablo jersye, empire pants, dye gloves, Jt Mask, and cleats. It's cool going out somewhere to eat after wards and everybody's staring at you, like what the heck is that guy wearing those clothes for. I love sporting paintball casuals too. I started talking to some kid at wendys because of my empire lanyard. Cool stuff.

Conversekidz
04-25-2005, 06:05 PM
I use to play in a pair of dickies and just a skate tee.

I now play in a pair of circle pants and a jersey mainly because i got the jersey for free and its nice to have a pair of pants that arnt going to rip if they get caught up while playing.

I actually like the jersey now because it keeps me cooler than playing in just a t-shirt, better breath ability allows me to sweat less and play harder.

warpspyder
04-25-2005, 06:20 PM
I just wear camo shorts and a t-shirt with Fox shin/knee pads. If it's cold then I wear camo pants. I have better things to spend my money on. :shooting:

Yup that's how I am. When I first started playing my dad gave me this set of like dark green coveralls (one big piece). Problem was my dad is a good foot and a half, at least, taller than me. So they were a little big. Now I have a cheap pair of camo pants and a long sleeved Minnesota Twins t-shirt (I never normally wear long sleeves so I had no use for the shirt). Now I have money left over to get my e-mag....FINALLY!!! :D :dance:

onedude36
04-25-2005, 09:35 PM
I wear a black long sleve t-shirt, some black sweat cooling type shirt under, Had BDUs but I made a 2 foot hole going from my crotch to my knee from sliding. I am getting c4s soon, possibly this weekend!

However, my friend has 05 protos pants, empire jersey, proto gloves, all decked out, with no gun, and yes I think he does look like a tool.

Enemy
04-26-2005, 03:54 AM
i have a super tight shirt that i love to wear and have worn for like 5 years i also have like 4 jerseys from teams ive played for and i only where the team jersey for events!! i dont need to rip my team jersey during practice!!