PDA

View Full Version : armson stealth barrel work on a freak back?

colester
04-25-2005, 04:59 PM
i was looking at the armsonstealth barrel and i was wanting to use it on a freak back. do you think it would fit for it? couse they dont make for my gun and wanted to know if i use a freak would it work. i know a dumb question. oh i have freak back for a shocker. thanks.

68magOwner
04-25-2005, 05:26 PM
...no, not at all

mcdkid
04-25-2005, 05:35 PM
what kinda gun do you have?

master_alexander
04-25-2005, 05:55 PM
don't they make stiffi fronts? try one of thoes

space_weazel_45
04-25-2005, 08:33 PM
yes it will work, IF you send it to some one to have it rethreaded, not hard and not all that expensive, still way more than a regular tip though.

colester
04-25-2005, 08:36 PM
does the stiffi as accurent and can shoot as far. the armson stealth is sopposed to be able to shoot really far distances and is really accurate too.

colester
04-25-2005, 08:38 PM
where would i be able to get it rethreaded and do u know about how much it would probable cost?

rkjunior303
04-25-2005, 08:56 PM
a tip won't improve your accuracy, it all has to do with the first 8'' for your barrel.

JAM
04-26-2005, 11:42 AM
an armson shoots just as far and accurately as any other barrel given a good paint size match. and not any better.
sorry to rain on your parade....

also, adding an armson tip to a Freak wouldn't make much sense- the ball doesn't touch the freak front on the way out- I think you'd be likely to break alot of paint as it exits the back and then hits the rifling in the front part...

magman007
04-26-2005, 04:01 PM
you can tell the quality between an armson and other barrels with the same bore size. if you got the money, an armson or boomstick would be a good buy for the price.

buahahahahahaha did you just sat quality and armson(a ptp product) in the same sentance? my god did that give me a good chuckle... thanks i needed that :)

mcdkid
04-26-2005, 08:19 PM
thats what i thought when i heard the new they bought armson. the ones i own are before the buy. lol

and because i don't want to be in a long thread about fighting over something with the good people of AO, i will delete my posts above cause we have gone off subject.

colester
04-28-2005, 11:27 AM
well i'll try just the barrel to see if i get more distance and accuracy. plus found a site that sells the barrel with a shocker thread.

Paintchucker
04-28-2005, 12:03 PM
buahahahahahaha did you just sat quality and armson(a ptp product) in the same sentance? my god did that give me a good chuckle... thanks i needed that :)

I think you are misconstrued in your thoughts on the quality of armson barrels... Do you have any hands on experience with them? This is just my opinion after having shot one on every gun I have had in the last 13 years...

As far as getting the armson barrel cut and rethreaded for the freak back, I would wonder if there is any benefit to it as mentioned earlier, the ball shouldn't touch the walls much after the first 8 inches of the barrel, but it would look pretty cool and be very unique...

You might try writing to WhiteWolf Airsmith and Doc's Machine about doing it for you. I think the both has some tips and back that are freak compatible, and might be willing to do a custom job for you. If you do that, PM me with details please, as I have also considered doing this...

RRfireblade
04-28-2005, 01:27 PM
I have "South African" made Armson Stealths in Shocker threads. PM me.

JAM
04-28-2005, 03:33 PM
for what it's worth, all the armson barrels I've ever seen/owned seemed to be of very high quality.
it was my favorite barrel for my Tippy ProAm. The muzzle brake on the old armsons looked so cool.

I just never found the rifling to make any difference.

johnson88
04-28-2005, 04:02 PM
I had a very horrible experience with my armson on my spyder it had wierd or diffrent threaded or somethin it had mor barrel breaks then shots. And when it did shoot the rifling never helped much go with a diffrent barrel or cheap barrel kit.