PDA

View Full Version : Autolube???

HoppysMag
11-23-2001, 08:00 PM
from what i understand theres suposed to be a tube of "Autolube" i am under the impression that this is a oil.
my friend said he got some with his minimag i donno if mabey only minimags get it or because his gun was ougt several years ago so i donno whats goin on if i am supsed to get this where can i buy it? (its not at my local proshop or th online sights iv been looking at?

magman007
11-23-2001, 08:12 PM
autolube is oil yes, It is actually gold cup oil. I find gold cup to be realy crappy, but it works well in mags, so no big deal. If tom reccomends it, by all meens try and get your self some gold cup oil

DarkPhoenix
11-23-2001, 08:14 PM
Autolube is another name for Gold Cup oil which AGD uses for lubricating, or at least sends a tube, with each new purchase. I am sure you can buy a 2oz bottle of it or KC oil (blue for CO2 and purple for N2/HPA) online or in any reputable paintball store.

PaInTbALL zAcH
11-23-2001, 09:26 PM
i use hoppes oil and it works great

ThePatriot
11-23-2001, 09:52 PM
PMI Piranha oil here....

Drew
11-23-2001, 10:13 PM
autolube is available directly from AGD for $3.00 per bottle

NikeMann
11-23-2001, 10:18 PM
i prefer aci airlube. works great. keeps my guns shooting.

Xzion
11-23-2001, 10:45 PM
i got some of it with my minimag as well when I bought it, unfortunatly the bottle had leaked and there was only like 1/3rd of the bottle left, was kinda messy when I got it, ah well, I heard that '3 in 1' oil is basically the exact same as the Autolube/gold cup oil.

Drew
11-24-2001, 01:40 AM
DO NOT use 3in1 oil on your paintball guns, Automag or otherwise, this will gun up the works and you will not be a happy camper:eek:

only use paintball gun oil or hoppes gun oil:D

MagDog68
11-24-2001, 01:52 AM
NikeMann -
I have been telling people about Airlube for years! That is possibly the best gun oil I have ever used. However, any 'paintball' oil I have purchased has been grossly overpriced. I have started using air tool oil. Its available at any Home Depot for dirt cheap.

~fred

Xzion
11-24-2001, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by Drew
DO NOT use 3in1 oil on your paintball guns, Automag or otherwise, this will gun up the works and you will not be a happy camper:eek:

only use paintball gun oil or hoppes gun oil:D

I personally dont use it, i was just repeating what a tech at AGD told one of my friends when he called AGD and tried to order some Autolube oil. I'd imagine that a tech at AGD would know what hes talking about, but hey, who knows *shrugs*

NikeMann
11-24-2001, 11:17 AM
i usually get my airlube for free. the guy that runs the field i play at is a real nice guy. buy enough from him (anything from guns to paint) and he will ask if you want a tube thrown in. of course i get one considering how expensive it is.

tooslow
11-24-2001, 11:30 AM
This seems to be one of the most confusing subjects in all of paintball. Maybe one of the AGD techs could help shed some light on this for us.

I have been told by certain manufacturers that petroleum based lubes should NEVER be used and that only synthetic or silocone based lubes are OK for both rubber and urathane o-rings.

But on the other hand, I know several poeple who use air tool oil, and if you look on the label or MSDS you will see that air tool oils are petroleum based. But the people who use them say they have never had problems.

So, what's the real deal with paintgun lubes?

magman007
11-24-2001, 12:13 PM
PMI is horrible. Never use it in a cocker or a spyder. It disolves the o rings that are used in cockers and spyders. Luckily mags use a differnt varity of o rings. Just trust me, stray away from PMI

tooslow
11-24-2001, 12:18 PM
Really??? I've been using and selling PMI for a very long time and have never seen this hapen. Are we both thinking of the same stuff? The blue oil in the little squeeze bottles, right?

Xzion
11-25-2001, 12:42 AM
Would anyone happen to know the address, phone number or even email address to the producers of the KY Trouble Free Synthetic Paintball Gun Oil? Ive been trying to find some of their oil, and contact information for a good while, with little luck. :\

Thanx in advance.

Cha0tic
11-25-2001, 12:52 AM
i have not had a problem with goldcup, and i haven't tried other brands, but if it isn't broken, don't fix it.

splat15k
11-25-2001, 11:35 AM
Xzion, it's called KC, not KY. This may make your search a lot easier. Let us know if you find any.

magman007
11-25-2001, 01:10 PM
Yep, i meen the same stuff. When i sold my Spyder i tohught i would be real ince and lube the whole gun up before i shipped it. I may have put a little to much in but i did that cuz the guy wasnt sure how long it would be until he played again. So i sent the gun and he got it. About 2 weeks later he is sending me threatining e-mails! So i tallk to him and tell him to check all the o rings. Well lo and behold, the orings on the bolt and the hammer anr no longer existant! they were totally disolved. All i ever used was pmi in that gun and it killed my o rings. I swear against that stuff now.

bornl33t
11-25-2001, 01:27 PM
airtool oil- walmart- 4.98 for aprox. 15 oz.

Xzion
11-25-2001, 01:56 PM
Found the producers of KC Trouble Free Paintball Gun Oil!

Kermode Concepts (http://www.kercon.com/)

Thanx for the correction splat15k

Damien321
11-25-2001, 04:20 PM
*Deleted* i use autolube on my automag to make it shoot smoother with a better rate, Does Anybody have any suggestions as far as upgrades for my mag?

magman007
11-25-2001, 07:53 PM
hey man that was uncalled for, you better edit that before a mod sees that. You gotta remember this is a familly place, any 7 yearold can log on, try to learn about paintball, then see you talkin about that stuff. Just beware of what your doin next time