PDA

View Full Version : Hardline v. Macroline

Phrontman
04-25-2005, 05:04 PM
OK, so Ive seen some mags with hardline, and some without. Is there any advantage to using hardline over macroline? Also, Does hardline have to be custom fitted for each individual marker? Whats the story? Just looking for a little 411.

personman
04-25-2005, 05:08 PM
Hardline is... hard..
It looks better. Also has a much higher pressure rating. Macroline is unsafe IMO.
I like SS because It's flexable. You also have to get hardline custom fit for your gun.

c_bass
04-25-2005, 05:22 PM
ss is tight when it is shrinkwrapped otherwise it looks beasty w/o it

68magOwner
04-25-2005, 05:27 PM
i run SS on my viking, just got sick of constant macro leaks/blown fittings, ect.

temilotzin
04-25-2005, 05:28 PM
I’ve used both and I find micro/macro easer to work with because they go on and off with ease, they are lighter and they won’t scratch your gun.

Creative Mayhem
04-25-2005, 05:28 PM
SS is my first choice. Hardline is great for systems that don't need to be taken apart. For example, the Classic RT, had a hardling from the forgrip to the rail, but the valve was no attached to the airline line like most valves today. There are people that have hardlines with QD's and they work fine but ss is better for todays setups.

Chronobreak
04-25-2005, 06:20 PM
i like my hardlien seteup, and when i need to take it off it takes 5 seconds with a wrench.

no biggie

ss is my second choice.

ide use macro for temp setups or pressures below like 400, otherwise i dont suggest it

gc82000
04-25-2005, 06:36 PM
ide use macro for temp setups or pressures below like 400, otherwise i dont suggest it

That is what I do. On my angel I use a macro line from on/off to reg. And for my mags and Blazers, I use mostly SS. If there was a place were I can get shrinked wrapped SS I would get them, but there is no place near Guam that is worth it.

Put it this way if it is under 400 psi macroline is ok, but anything over 400 should be put through a SS line.

warpspyder
04-25-2005, 07:02 PM
so for e-mags would you guys recommend getting a steel line? I'm getting a mag eventually and would really like to know what would be better in the long run.

Chronobreak
04-25-2005, 07:04 PM
so for e-mags would you guys recommend getting a steel line? I'm getting a mag eventually and would really like to know what would be better in the long run.

well since your not going to be runing your mag at 500 or less psi....

and you probly dont want to have to get your gun custom fitted and spend extra $ for hardline..

by magical powers of deduction ide say SS...

c_bass
04-25-2005, 07:17 PM
macro isnt so bad especially if you get the stuff from tunaman. its easy to deal with and you dont have to get it custom fitted which is a plus.

Glickman
04-25-2005, 07:20 PM
ive used both the good and really crappy plastic micro & macro line, and ive never, never, never, never had any problems, vs stainless which gets on my nerves quick

pick waht you like, personally, i like the macro over stainless because of the look

minimag03
04-25-2005, 07:39 PM
I use SS line. The only down side is the price.

GodLovesUgly
04-25-2005, 08:40 PM
somone on AO sells a different type of macro line...made with nylon 12 i believe... which is much stronger and less likely to burst, it's pretty cheep too, that's what i use and i have absolutely no complaints!

BerSerK
04-25-2005, 08:59 PM
I tried megaline and I'm running CO2, that hose is very strong but the down side is that it's a little stiffer that SS.

http://www.gforcepb.com/securestore/c215403p9718127.2.html

It's rated for 2500psi and it's pretty cheap at 15$.

Phrontman
04-25-2005, 09:59 PM
So Chrono, where did you get your hardline? or did it just come with an RT?

magman#1
04-25-2005, 10:12 PM
i've used macroline for a long time without a problem. the only time my macro ever broke on my mag was when i slid and it hit the ground. and it's really cheap too so you can repace it really easy.

Lohman446
04-25-2005, 10:18 PM
I use macro line.. I like it. That being said most macro line you buy is not rated for the pressures we run - see Tunaman about Parker Paraflex for a higher rated macroline. You should also consider the pressure ratings of the fittings To me macroline has several advantages, it "looks" better and it is easier to work with. Both systems though get the job done and I concur that there maybe a valid argument that SS or hardline are safer.

buzzboy
04-26-2005, 06:32 AM
I presonally think that polished hardline looks way better than any type of Macro or SS. Plus it goes with almost any color of gun.

fire1811
04-26-2005, 07:26 AM
I prefer macroline.
easier to work with.
cheaper to buy
less likly to scratch the side of your marker. stainless must be shrinktubed or you will scratch it eventually

Carazy
04-26-2005, 08:48 AM
I've used macroline and have blown it 6 times, 5 times in the middle of it and once at the fitting. It is really not good if you are running output pressures high like you do on a mag. I was running mine ~950. The last time it blew a fitting it cut my thumb pretty nicely almost had to get stitches. But I have since switched to ss, even then I blew the ss out of one of the fittings.

But if I was running under 500psi I would probably use macroline like everybody else said. Otherwise I think its to dangerous.

fire1811
04-26-2005, 09:20 AM
I've used macroline and have blown it 6 times, 5 times in the middle of it and once at the fitting. It is really not good if you are running output pressures high like you do on a mag. I was running mine ~950. The last time it blew a fitting it cut my thumb pretty nicely almost had to get stitches. But I have since switched to ss, even then I blew the ss out of one of the fittings.

But if I was running under 500psi I would probably use macroline like everybody else said. Otherwise I think its to dangerous.

i have had 1100psi in macroline and been fine?

are you sure your only feeding 950? it takes a hell of a lot of pressure to blow a ss.

frop
04-26-2005, 09:34 AM
He just said the fitting blew, not the line itself, that'd be a whole nother story.

fire1811
04-26-2005, 09:40 AM
ahh my bad

Carazy
04-26-2005, 03:03 PM
yeah the line itself stayed but ss line blew out of the fitting, it happened when I was filling at one of those flash filling stations. Scared the crap out of me. And yeah the ones I have blown have been with a smartparts maxflow tank. Happened way to many times for me to use them anymore.

jenarelJAM
04-26-2005, 03:53 PM
hey, ive got a specific question relating to ths topic. I just bought an agd flatline and 5 feet of macro from tuna for my mag. im planning on running higher pressures(1000 psi or so) some of the time, but not for more than a game or two. I have heard that there are two types of macroline, one rated for 750 psi and one rated for 1500 psi. Do you know which kind i am getting or if it should be fine? i bought 5 feet figuring that if it blew out a couple times, i'd have plenty of spares until i got some ss hose. also, do you need specific fittings for ss hose or do they fit in the same sort of ones as the macroline does? I should probably just pm tuna about this...
thanks

frop
04-26-2005, 06:30 PM
If you bought from tuna, you should've gotten the Parker stuff. I think it's 1200psi, so you're good to go.

You'll need standard hose fittings for the SS, last I looked, macro fittings are completely different (female vs male, + others).

PaintballerJack
04-27-2005, 10:59 AM
Ok, a good time as now to ask my question.

> I use Macroline, but I seem to always have problems with it (one thing or another, hoses, or fittings, etc). I want some black shrinkwrapped SS, *where* can I get it? I know the size I want, I actually want the same exact size that is on the RPG Paradigm (http://themagsmith.com/ > then go to markers > RPG Paradigm). It's black, and exactly what I want to config. my mag with.

I use to run SS on the mag a while back, then went to macro, was fine for a while, now I hate it with the passion and fury of a thousand hot burning suns.

mandatory
04-27-2005, 11:34 AM
i agree with the macro liners...its the only line i have used and i have had no problems...even when i do 1000+ psi with my max flow to pull a zak vetter..no leaks or blown fittings..actually the only time my macro line leaked was when i used it on my inpulse at 150 psi...wierd huh???

mandatory
04-27-2005, 11:37 AM
wait....are we talkin the thick macro line or are we talikn about the thin microline? or do i have the 2 terms switched???

Chronobreak
04-27-2005, 12:14 PM
jack, get ahold of rogue hel take care of ya ;)

[email protected]

and for some reason if he cant lmk il take care of ya.... ;)