PDA

View Full Version : Which Gun Would You Guys Buy Out Of These...?

liquarius
04-25-2005, 06:43 PM
vision shocker
timmy ecx
angel speed
evil pimp
eclipse ego
mini e orracle
proto matrix
AGD Rogue paradigm

tell me which guy you guys would get and why... I'm looking to get a new gun and these are the ones that I have to choose from...

~Tadd

johnson88
04-25-2005, 06:52 PM
Ego or you didnt have it on there but X-mag.

Chronobreak
04-25-2005, 06:53 PM
i would...

do my OWN research and see what i want in a marker, based on that w/e is in your price range.

these threads are teh bore :tard:

magman007
04-25-2005, 07:02 PM
vision shocker
timmy ecx
angel speed
evil pimp
eclipse ego
mini e orracle
proto matrix
AGD Rogue paradigm

tell me which guy you guys would get and why... I'm looking to get a new gun and these are the ones that I have to choose from...

~Tadd

Well, personally i would reccomend the proto matrix from the list that you have supplied, well id rather reccomend a used dm4, but thats just me. The matrix by design, i feel is a better design than all of the other markers you have listed.

Matrixes are fast, and have always had the reputation for being quite easy to do. i believe it has to do with the pivot angle of the trigger, but i dunno. each trix incarnation i have owned, has been easy to shoot fast, legally.

They are smoothe as butter. i dont really like the hammer and bolt design, i dont like the hitting, the movement. the trix baisically eradicates all of it, i love this smooth opperation.

Lets make this more simple. here are all the markers ive owned, and i think you can see the patern

spyder shutter
classic mag
rt mag
kapp cocker
e-mag
sfle-mag
toxic matrix
angel speed
dm4
viking
dm5

it seems i keep comming back to the matrix. it is a well made design, and i love how they work, the ease of maintainence, and the speed.

the speed, well i hated the 90 degree grip, and the kick, even with lpc's on em.

never been impressed by timmies

the viking i didnt like, because you couldnt maintain it your self, you needed a 50 dollar tool kit.

the cocker.. well lets just not even mention it.

so all in all, id say go trix, and dont look back, grab a used dm4 if you can, in all honesty even though it may be older, it is a more sophisticated design than the proto, and will be more comprable to a dm5. also, i feel they look better

Adrenaline_Junkie
04-25-2005, 07:02 PM
The price rang of those guns varies A LOT so its really not fair to comapre em. Out of those id have to say the EGO though.

trevorjk
04-25-2005, 07:20 PM
ego hands down

gc82000
04-25-2005, 07:28 PM
I would rather 05 speed then Ego. On Guam Angels are the most prevalent high level guns.
Probalbly in all three teams use mostly Angels of all types.
But I know there is a team trying to get all Egos. I tried one that was set up for demo and was fairly impressed by it. It was not on the ramping mode but yet still shot very fast.

I never cared much for the matrix family of guns, for the fact that I have seen all of the ones around me have major problems, from eye ripping off, to wiring and boards frying.

r-unit
04-25-2005, 07:28 PM
ego, i got to shoot one at my field cuz the whole team (epic) is buying them. SO freaking light you wouldnt believe it...like its easily lighter than alias's when its all setup, and u can easily tell the differene. pimp trigger and everything. ego hands down.

trevorjk
04-25-2005, 07:34 PM
not to mention the ego is insane efficient, friend gets about 1600+ shots of of his 68/4500... or so he says, and they are amazingly light and fast and very sturdy

minimag03
04-25-2005, 07:43 PM
Ego out of that list.

I'd take a Viking over an Ego, but that is preference.

Codekevin0403
04-25-2005, 08:14 PM
the speed definitely

But in order to diffuse the biased attacks other people are sure to throw at me, i do feel that it has an unusual amount of kick for a gun of it's class (or price). But something about angels just make me love them. I don't like the looks of the older angels but the newer ones just seem to grab you. And also, even though they're not the most efficient guns ever, i can easily get 1000+ shots out of my 68/4500 a.i.r. tank. But after hearing the ego wasn't just a do-over of the cocker, i tried it out, and i have to say i was pleased with its performance. Like someone said before, even though it wasn't on ramping, it was easy. I think i hit 15 bps on it, and for someone who's used to a vert grip, i'd say that's pretty good. The mini e-orracle is not a gun that can compete with the rest of these guns in my opinion. It doesn't seem to shoot as fast as any of them, but for a gun with better fingers, and loves cockers, that would be the ideal choice. The pimp isn't one of my favorites either, and the stock flat trigger is a little hard to get used to. I wouldn't get the ECX since it's not one of the timmy's that i feel can truly 'compete', but again, if you're up for timmy's, go for it. I liked the vision shocker a lot, and with the pred II and break-beam eyes that i got installed, it was as fast as anything i'd ever shot. But for some reason i've had some extremely bad experiences with SP (not saying i hate them or anything) and so i sold my shocker. Not a fan of Matrix's but if you want that, it's totally up to you. i hear the design is extremely simple so that's definitely good, but i'd rather stick with something else. And the paradigm...well i love mags too, but they just can't compete with these guns..

My 2 cents

Derman2k
04-25-2005, 08:20 PM
Ego. I own one. It is amazing. Sold my Alias for it.

Blazestorm
04-25-2005, 08:29 PM
Ego roxors more boxors than your soxors ever thought of.

http://www.blazestorm.net/ego/

These pics do do justice...

WARPED1
04-25-2005, 09:45 PM
Just about every one here will tell you to buy a mag, so don't ask if you want an unbiased answer.

lbonettosd
04-25-2005, 09:48 PM
Get one of these...
http://www.jayloo.com/files/pics/23000/DSC00907_rs.jpg
w/ v6.0 (ramping)

The triggers on the 05 Speeds are second to none, the MT and WDP provide outstanding customer support and freakin incredible efficientcy. Off of a 4,000psi fill on my 72/45 flatline I shot 7 pods and a hopper (approx. 1,280) and still had just about 1300psi left. Yea they have a little kick, but after a day of play you won't even notice it. IMO the 05 Speed is definitely the biggest bang for the buck right now!!!

Lohman446
04-25-2005, 10:01 PM
vision shocker
My first choice on the list. The Shockers I have owned have been well balanced, reasonably efficent (with an HE bolt upgrade) had a reasonable eye system, a good bolt, and ramping is nice to have when its allowed.

timmy ecx
Of this style marker I think the Ego is likely to hold value better, that and it seems, from reviews (having never held one) to be better than this.

angel speed
I'm just not a fan of Angels either... so I tend not to give good judgements on them. They were great markers, but they languished too long toting the benefits of Cops/Sensi. They left a bad taste in a lot of mouths. Have they addressed that concern? Sure they have. Does that mean some of us are ready to go back? Nope.. Besides there is going to be a new model in six months dropping the value anyways.

evil pimp
Bah.. Evil dropped the ball on this one and I can't even tell you where. A year ago this was going to be one of the next big markers... now there is a lack of upgrades, and it seems a lack of interest all around for this marker, from players and the company. Too bad really, used they tend to be a great buy

eclipse ego
Based only on reviews and other opinons this is my second choice on this list. I'm toying with the idea of one "accidentally" finding its way into my gear bag once I have the fundage. But then again I have a backup plan.

mini e orracle
Ehh... I get confused by moving back blocks so I don't like 'cockers.

proto matrix
Blah... not a big fan of Dye... no good reason, Dye is a great company with a great reputation of producing durable, well designed products. I just don't like them. Too trendy for my taste

AGD Rogue paradigm
No offense... but how did this marker get on the list wtih the rest. Based on the rest I was thinking a speedball style marker with frequent use... This just does not stay with the rest of them for that. If you are looking for an occassional marker, or a woods/speed marker, more power to you and this becomes a reasonable choice... perhaps, and only perhaps, comes back into contention.

BD_Paintball
04-25-2005, 10:59 PM
eclipse ego

UTDragun
04-25-2005, 11:13 PM
do any of the evolve bolts work for the proto?

Conversekidz
04-25-2005, 11:14 PM
you should buy a talon

bound for glory
04-26-2005, 12:06 AM
you should include the devilmag in this list. man, people have got to shot a devilmag! if agd started to produce devilmags, they would be selling like hotcakes. this gun is as good or better than all the guns on this list. whan ga devil starts getting these in peoples hands :wow: :shooting:

txaggie08
04-26-2005, 01:24 AM
paradigm and take the money you saved form the others and turn it into an e-mag(or do the e-conversion with pneumatics....)

VFX_Fenix
04-26-2005, 01:27 AM
Ego - I've been a believer ever since I got my hands on one at the 2004 Commander's Cup. Things have a nice feel to them, fast, and *dun dun dun* they have a power feed.

After that I'd go for the 05 Speed because... well... best trigger I've ever felt and I'm an Angel fan... so I'm kinda biased there....

Enemy
04-26-2005, 02:48 AM
i just got a shocker and i have to say i do love it!!! you can pick up a used one for a resonable price and they are pretty easy to understand in design but if you are looking for a tourney gun i would go used dm4. pretty much spool valves are where the big innovations are coming up and the design is by far the best out there!!

tippy baller
04-26-2005, 06:29 AM
i would get the ego or pimp kit